Non-Frank Gigs

Talk about upcoming shows, discuss shows that have happened, this isn't rocket science you know

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

newmy

Post by newmy » Wed May 05, 2010 8:10 pm

Matt09H wrote:
newmy wrote: I was there. I thought it was totally fucking uncalled for. The guy who was punched came and stood near where I was standing with his friends and he had a huge lump on his cheek. Nice.
He definitely over-reacted. I can't believe someone would choose to try and pull his mic away though..he'd be about the last person you'd want to wind up...
From what I could understand the guy accidentally bumped into the mic stand, probably just from jumping around a bit and enjoying the band, sending the mic into Frankie's face. A total over-reaction to someone who probably was enjoying your band and who may now not be so keen...if someone in a band did that to me when I was enjoying their music I'd be fucking unhappy.

Matt09H

Post by Matt09H » Thu May 06, 2010 8:34 am

newmy wrote:
From what I could understand the guy accidentally bumped into the mic stand, probably just from jumping around a bit and enjoying the band, sending the mic into Frankie's face. A total over-reaction to someone who probably was enjoying your band and who may now not be so keen...if someone in a band did that to me when I was enjoying their music I'd be fucking unhappy.
I was pretty close to the incident and he was wobbling the microphone as if it to pull it away and it went back towards Frankie...

I agree though...punching him a few times especially doing it again after the first heat of the moment punch once the song had finished is a pretty extreme reaction...

Chris Twat

Post by Chris Twat » Sun May 09, 2010 7:53 pm

A Wilhelm Scream, 20th May Joiners Southampton.
Slam Dunk festival, 29th May Hatfield.
RATM free gig 6th June, London.

I can't afford all this shit.

teamescape

Post by teamescape » Mon May 10, 2010 7:38 am

Lavotchkin, 65dos and Converge all in July. Fuck yes.
Stu

Blonde

Post by Blonde » Mon May 10, 2010 12:33 pm

So what do you guys make of the RATM supports? Gogol Bordello, Roots Manuva and Gallows.

Pete

Post by Pete » Mon May 10, 2010 12:52 pm

What a massive crock of shit. Where are Cypress Hill? How the fuck are Gogol Bordello second headline? Genuinely may give it a miss as i'll be very hungover, although I do love Roots Manuva so will judge on the day.
frank wrote:Think of it like weight-lifting. High notes are heavy weights.

Evan

Post by Evan » Mon May 10, 2010 12:54 pm

Pete wrote:Genuinely may give it a miss as i'll be very hungover
Hahahahaha...good dedication there.

There is talk that we might be going now. Maybe. Depends on if we can get in. The wife is working on it.

Pete

Post by Pete » Mon May 10, 2010 12:55 pm

Evan wrote:

There is talk that we might be going now. Maybe. Depends on if we can get in. The wife is working on it.
It's the day after my exam, so will be destroying myself on the Saturday night. If you're going I'll come down for the social aspect of sitting with you and mocking stuff.
frank wrote:Think of it like weight-lifting. High notes are heavy weights.

Evan

Post by Evan » Mon May 10, 2010 1:11 pm

Pete wrote:
Evan wrote:

It's the day after my exam, so will be destroying myself on the Saturday night. If you're going I'll come down for the social aspect of sitting with you and mocking stuff.
I think due to circumstances, we will probably decide on the day.

Tony

Post by Tony » Mon May 10, 2010 7:07 pm

I'm seeing Pavement at Brixton tomorrow. I was going with 2 others but one pulled out a while back and I've not been able to shift the spare ticket.

Does anyone want a ticket for Pavement tomorrow for a nominal fee?

Matt09H

Post by Matt09H » Wed May 12, 2010 8:38 am

Tony wrote:I'm seeing Pavement at Brixton tomorrow. I was going with 2 others but one pulled out a while back and I've not been able to shift the spare ticket.

Does anyone want a ticket for Pavement tomorrow for a nominal fee?
I went to this..was great, shame they didn't play Here though..

We had a spare ticket...couldn't even give it away and there were people walking around trying to sell tickets for a fiver..no-one could get rid of them...

Tony

Post by Tony » Wed May 12, 2010 8:52 am

Yeah it was great. Opening with Cut Your Hair 8)

When we came out of Brixton tube a tout was trying to sell tickets for a fiver and I wasn't expecting anything. But I asked another tout and he gave me a fiver for the ticket, not great but better than nothing.

Two other friends had spare tickets as well.

marky mark

Post by marky mark » Wed May 12, 2010 11:31 am

The Rural Alberta Advantage were great last night at the Lexington.

Managed to grab a copy of the album on vinyl before the show and got chance to chat to Nils, the lead singer, too.

Setlist was really good and the new tracks worked well alongside the old material. And then to finish they played an acoustic number in the middle of the crowd.

Great show. Unsure whether to see them again with Jason Collett on Thursday now..

Evan

Post by Evan » Wed May 12, 2010 1:24 pm

KISS tomorrow...and if everything goes to plan, KISS tonight and all!!!

tiffiny

Post by tiffiny » Wed May 12, 2010 4:10 pm

frightened rabbit are doing an in-store and a regular gig here tonight. this is their first proper denver show. i'm very excited.