Now listening to thread

Rant and rave at will, that's why you're here, this is the internet after all

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

Evan

Post by Evan » Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:05 pm

I did, but was going to write a more indepth one, and then forgot and now I am back to do just that...

I think it is...dun dun duuuuunnn...RUBBISH! They have obviously tried to metal up a bit, but it doesn't work for me. All I hear is a band who takes themselves waaaay too seriously. Personal differences aside, it's still just not very good. I dont think anyone can say its as good as the last one.

martin

Post by martin » Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:09 pm

basically, the first album had a couple of tunes on it and everything else has been fucking pony.

Evan

Post by Evan » Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:48 pm

I wouldn't quite go THAT far, but I have to agree that for me their career leans heavier towards the pony side of things.

Nick

Post by Nick » Fri Jun 22, 2007 2:58 pm

martin wrote:basically, the first album had a couple of tunes on it and everything else has been fucking pony.

This is what I thought until I heard that song I was on about on the last page. Although I only half-listened once. Maybe it's really rubbish and I wasn't paying attention.
thepriceofreality wrote:i have absolutely no idea who nick oakden is unfortunately, sorry.

Bob

Post by Bob » Fri Jun 22, 2007 6:17 pm

julie doiron and the wooden stars, all day

teamescape

Post by teamescape » Sun Jun 24, 2007 8:51 pm

skhmmi

Post by skhmmi » Sun Jun 24, 2007 9:07 pm

Wow, they found a way to make that song worse. Impressive.

I'm waiting for someone to mix Avril's "Girlfriend" with Billie Piper's "Girlfriend". I attempted it but didn't have the necessary video acquisition and editing skills.

Fezbob

Post by Fezbob » Sun Jun 24, 2007 10:25 pm

Evan wrote:I did, but was going to write a more indepth one, and then forgot and now I am back to do just that...

I think it is...dun dun duuuuunnn...RUBBISH! They have obviously tried to metal up a bit, but it doesn't work for me. All I hear is a band who takes themselves waaaay too seriously. Personal differences aside, it's still just not very good. I dont think anyone can say its as good as the last one.
do you actually have any personal "beef" with the band? just out of interest.

George

Post by George » Sun Jun 24, 2007 10:45 pm

Fezbob wrote:
Evan wrote:I did, but was going to write a more indepth one, and then forgot and now I am back to do just that...

'tbf' id supremely doubt Reuben had any idea who Evan was to be honest.

Fezbob

Post by Fezbob » Sun Jun 24, 2007 11:06 pm

fair comment, was just hoping to find some gossip.

Ben

Post by Ben » Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:30 am

George wrote:
Fezbob wrote:

i love you

rock_midget

Post by rock_midget » Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:43 am

Interpol - Untitled
***ROCK MIDGETS.COM***
...size matters...
http://www.rockmidgets.com
http://www.myspace.com/rockmidgets
BenMD wrote:Whoop de fucking do. I didn't rape anyone last night. Someone give me a biscuit.

frank
Site Admin

Post by frank » Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:53 am

George wrote:
Fezbob wrote:

answering for the man, seeing as he's on holiday...

dani works for xtra mile / press counsel. evan is marrying dani. there was a degree of beef between reuben and XMR. which, i should add, i stayed out of completely. but so you know.

George

Post by George » Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:56 am

frank wrote:
George wrote:
Fezbob wrote: do you actually have any personal "beef" with the band? just out of interest.
answering for the man, seeing as he's on holiday...

dani works for xtra mile / press counsel. evan is marrying dani. there was a degree of beef between reuben and XMR. which, i should add, i stayed out of completely. but so you know.
Being honest though Frankles, if you were to 'jump in' who would you be boxing for? I reckon you could take Jamie. Serious.

frank
Site Admin

Post by frank » Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:22 am

haha, who knows. actually that whole situation was a little awkward for me, because i'm friends with all involved and have absolutely no intention of taking any sides whatsoever. it's all water under the bridge now anyways.