Rider

If you have a specific question you want me to get back to, put it here and I'll think about it

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

hellbound

Rider

Post by hellbound » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:07 am

I guess this may have been asked, I did search but couldn't see a post so apologies if so.

I find Riders fascinating, its an interesting insight into what makes an act comfortable and relaxed before a show (the Chilli Peppers now have meditation rooms but I suspect a decade or so ago they were asking for completely different things!)

So has yours changed over the years, if you have one, and whats on it?, although that may be too much information so completely understand if you and the Souls like to keep it secret.

frank
Site Admin

Re: Rider

Post by frank » Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:46 pm

I guess it has changed over the years, but it's pretty basic. Just what we need for a show. Some lunch food (sandwich stuff), the booze people want (generally beer, tequila and red wine), a whole bunch of water. Nothing fancy. Many years ago, helping out backstage at shows, I encountered bands who had "comedy" riders, stupid shit that was supposed to be "hilarious", and it was just a fucking drag for people who were already overworked. So I try to avoid that.
Shows? All of em.

"He's like an Uncle, I like him but I don't want to listen to him all day."

NickSouthampton

Post by NickSouthampton » Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:38 am

No tour dog?

BTW Hellbound, it you like reading a rider that covers absolutely everything have a look at the current one for the Tiger Lillies.

https://www.tigerlillies.com/technical-rider

They are touring UK at the moment and well worth seeing. Very theatrical with elements of music hall and Berlin cabaret. The best place to see them is when they do a residency at Wilton's Music Hall, perfect venue for their type of show.
Nick in "Sunny" Southampton.

www.nickhaynesmusic.com/

hellbound

Post by hellbound » Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:37 am

frank wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:46 pm
I encountered bands who had "comedy" riders, stupid shit that was supposed to be "hilarious", and it was just a fucking drag for people who were already overworked. So I try to avoid that.
This I can totally relate to, I feel that you are being paid to do a job and can't see the point in making what already is a hard job for backstage people who are on hardly any money working long hours even harder by asking for crap that you aren't even going to use.

I think I would probably just ask for a towel and Tea making facilities.

(that said I do still admire Fun Lovin Criminals for asking for top grade hash on their rider when they were at the height of their fame)

Tigerlilles, pretty precise and includes Diagrams but atthe same time not too over the top :D