Pre-Sale tickets for Pre-ordered new album buyers

Talk about upcoming shows, discuss shows that have happened, this isn't rocket science you know

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

peanut7187

Re: Pre-Sale tickets for Pre-ordered new album buyers

Post by peanut7187 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:16 am

Pete wrote:
peanut7187 wrote:Missed out by 4 minutes, it's not like I tried in the afternoon!
Don't need this shit anyway, was going to see him before the bandwagon started rolling.
Before he became just another Olympic sell-out!!!

Thanks for nothing.
You are the fucking bandwagon, eejit.
There is no need to swear, I'm not sure how though as I was listening to Million Dead over 10 years ago and have been following Frank ever since.

Pete

Post by Pete » Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:25 am

There's no need to come on here calling Frank a sell out or a con because you're having a tantrum over a pre-sale (and as it goes, 'I don't need this shit' would also constitute swearing).

Get some perspective. If you've been listening since the MD days and this is something that causes you to throw your toys out the pram on a public forum then you really need to be asking some questions of yourself.
frank wrote:Think of it like weight-lifting. High notes are heavy weights.

Blonde

Post by Blonde » Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:44 am

peanut7187 wrote:Missed out by 4 minutes, it's not like I tried in the afternoon!
Don't need this shit anyway, was going to see him before the bandwagon started rolling.

Thanks for nothing.
You are having a massive strop because YOU weren't quick enough to get tickets. It's not anyone else's fault that you were too slow because you misjudged how fast the pre-sale would sell out. The way you are going on, you'd have thought Frank had held you down so you couldn't get to buy tickets until they sold out, but he didn't so grow up and get over it. You've got another chance on Friday.

I hope you look back over your posts and feel all embarrassed about how idiotic you sound.

blastman

Post by blastman » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:56 am

peanut7187 wrote: You're probably right, it has left a bit of a sour taste to be honest.
Just wondered how do I cancel my pre-order of the cd?
What age are you, six?

smartiepants

Post by smartiepants » Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:52 am

peanut7187 wrote: You're probably right, it has left a bit of a sour taste to be honest.
Just wondered how do I cancel my pre-order of the cd?
to be fair, looking at the title of the album I think you are in need of it
Towns & Cities:: Cambridge: Northampton: Hatfield: London: Portsmouth: Leicester: Brighton: Dublin, Norwich, Rock City Nottingham for gig 2000 & FTLE I,2 & all booked for 3

batty

Post by batty » Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:25 pm

What really is the age limit for Southampton O2 gig?
Seetickets says 14+ but ticketmaster says under 14 accompanied by an adult.
can my 12 year old son attend this gig with us ?

Pete

Post by Pete » Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:28 pm

batty

Post by batty » Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:33 pm

?

Pete

Post by Pete » Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:41 pm

Call the venue, only way to know for sure - frank doesn't have any say over the vast majority of venue policies. I wouldn't take the word of anyone other than the venue otherwise you'll end up with a pretty gutted 12 year old if someone says it's okay on here but you aren't let in on arrival.

batty

Post by batty » Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:49 pm

Thanks Pete, will call venue. Bit of a farce given that short of taking birth certificate, how do they expect to I'D under 14 ?

Pete

Post by Pete » Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:51 pm

I'd wager significant sums he will be fine. But just in case it's worth having the conversation in advance rather than on the night. As you say though, not easily provable either way

DazShill

Post by DazShill » Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:18 pm

I might be showing my age here but all this talk of pre ordering the album to get the first one or the delux version what i normally do is walk down to HMV and buy the copy that i want !

batty

Post by batty » Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:45 pm

Thanks Pete.
I phoned the venue and they confirmed that there are no age restrictions but advised under 14 to be with an adult. Happy now and cannot wait for November ☺

greezy

Post by greezy » Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:14 am

Bought tix for the show in Baltimore (Seriously, one of the best venues. A two-story horseshoe layout with seated bars strategically positioned...it's patterned after the old Bayou in Georgetown...Eva Cassidy recorded "Fields of Gold" there. Then they closed it ...D'oh!). Both the Baltimore and 9:30 shows aren't listed on the venues' websites. I hope that there are no snags.

By the way, to add some joy to this somewhat prickly thread...I'm absolutely giggly to be able to see Frank in a small venue like Balt's Rams Head Live. I've got to give Frank his props for not playing in a larger venue. There are plenty around here that he could sell out. I might even suck it up and see him the next night at the 9:30. However storied the 9:30 is, it's still pretty small.

Say, who has been to the old 9:30? I saw the Mats last month. Paul was waxing poetic about the poles at the 9:30. I fell in love with my girlfriend (now wife of 21 years) while trying to see a band around a 9:30 pole. Oh and the 9:30 smell. What the heck was that?
Relax. This won't hurt.

hellaoftroy

Post by hellaoftroy » Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:56 am

peanut7187 wrote:
Pete wrote:

Thanks for nothing.
You are the fucking bandwagon, eejit.
There is no need to swear, I'm not sure how though as I was listening to Million Dead over 10 years ago and have been following Frank ever since.
Aye, so you're the base of the bandwagon. If you hadn't started listening to Million Dead over 10 years ago Frank wouldn't have such a huge fan base today. You really fucked things up for yourself there.

But really, thanks Frank for all the work you (and the Sleeping Souls and everyone else behind the scenes) put into all this album launch/tour stuff. I got tickets for all three shows in southern California (without a problem because the bandwagon is quite a bit smaller here without peanut7187 on it) and I absolutely can't wait until October.