Introduce Yourself

Rant and rave at will, that's why you're here, this is the internet after all

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

HarryEngland

Re: Introduce Yourself

Post by HarryEngland » Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:43 pm

Hiya, I'm Harry from South-East London. Known of Frank for quite a while, but only really got into him after seeing him at On Blackheath Festival in September. Been slightly too obsessed since then really...
P.S. If someone could direct me to the Mongol Horde board, I would be forever in your debt!

Blonde

Post by Blonde » Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:20 am

HarryEngland wrote: P.S. If someone could direct me to the Mongol Horde board, I would be forever in your debt!
It's here ----> [.]

DresdenTwitch

Post by DresdenTwitch » Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:53 pm

Hi,

Julia is my name, I'm from Dresden Germany. Started listening late 2007ish early 2008ish. Truly fell in love with the music after my first live show in Baltimore. That's about it ^^

ThatAgain

Post by ThatAgain » Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:59 pm

Hi fellow Franknatics!
I joined the club and want to be a friend of this tall genius now too.
Maybe I start a self-help-group: "why no msic ever felt the same again after I heard Frank Turner play", or something.
See ya

SillySoey

Post by SillySoey » Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:13 am

ThatAgain wrote:Maybe I start a self-help-group: "why no msic ever felt the same again after I heard Frank Turner play", or something.
See ya
Sounds like an awesome idea, I'd join!
Hi you all! My name is Silke and i love Frank. The addiction started back in 2009 when i was still young and pretty. I don't want to say it ruined my life, but it kind of did.

jcbowyer

Post by jcbowyer » Sat Mar 07, 2015 6:32 pm

Hi, I'm John Bowyer from Atlanta. I am about to see Frank on the flogging molly cruise and very excited. I have seen him before and love his shows.

SusanneD

Post by SusanneD » Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:12 am

I've been here for over a year now and realize I haven't properly introduced myself.

I'm Susanne, a not quite 40 year old from Germany. On a Sunday afternoon in June 2013 I was channelsurfing and caught some live footage of the Hurricane / Southside festival. Frank was doing "I Still Believe" and I was hooked right away. The next day I bought all his music on iTunes and 2 days later I had a ticket to a gig in September 2013.
In June 2014 I wrote a lengthy fangirling blog post about "My Year With Frank" :D, because by then I had seen eight of his gigs (including the O2 and an awesome sort of accidently front-row-spot at the festival in Luxembourg), managed to catch him after the shows twice, been listening to his music on a daily basis, was still in awe of him as a songwriter, singer, entertainer and just very much appreciated him being the really nice guy that he is. Nothing has changed since.

In three weeks I'll be in London for the book event and the RAH gig and I'm very much looking forward to both. And being in this city again. Because... London! So, see you there...
"And the only things that holds me back are the things I hold inside..."
34 gigs. 15 cities. 6 countries.
Twitter/Instagram: @dennasus

jif

Post by jif » Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:47 pm

Hi

I'm Jeff, I'm in Durham, UK. I got into Frank a year or so ago, I got a copy of TDH when it first came out but to be honest I didn't really listen to it, Last summer I discovered LIAS and was blown away, Since then I've worked my way through his back catalogue and I'm completely obsessed

I had tickets to see him in Hartlepool last Sept, but work commitments stopped me from going, My 12 year old went in my place as he's equally obsessed

Nice to meet you all

JesseCuster

Post by JesseCuster » Mon May 11, 2015 7:41 pm

Howdy all! Old dude from Alabama here...got hipped to Frank a couple years back. Seen one show here as I'm unable to travel for shows and Frank hasn't been through here often. It was excellent though. Can't wait for more. My 8 year old daughter now digs Frank too!

hellaoftroy

Post by hellaoftroy » Tue May 12, 2015 1:51 am

I forgot about this and kind of just jumped into things, but better late than never!

I'm Hannah, I'm 20 and currently living in Glasgow, though I'm from SoCal and will be back in LA in a few weeks. I study psychology, work in a preschool, and really enjoy traveling and meeting new people.
I first heard Frank in... 2011? Right around when EKMB came out. I was going through an angry atheist phase (very religious hometown), listening to a lot of Bad Religion and was wondering if any other people had made songs about non-belief. I found Glory Hallelujah, loved it, downloaded the rest of the album, and the rest is history. I've mellowed out religiously into a comfortable agnosticism, but still just as passionate about music.

The only thing resembling a Frank gig I've been to is his book tour stop in Glasgow where he played a fantastic short acoustic set. I hope to see a proper show this year though!

blastman

Post by blastman » Tue May 12, 2015 11:57 am

JesseCuster wrote:Howdy all! Old dude from Alabama here...got hipped to Frank a couple years back. Seen one show here as I'm unable to travel for shows and Frank hasn't been through here often. It was excellent though. Can't wait for more. My 8 year old daughter now digs Frank too!
Preacher fan, I'm guessing?

SafetyFirstShaun

Post by SafetyFirstShaun » Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:44 am

Hello, I'm Jack and currently residing in the UK. Lived out in the Middle East until I was 18 and that's about as edgy as I get.
Discovered LIAS back when was roughly 17 and stuck with the rest since. Eagerly awaiting the next installment.
I've skulked around the forums a number of times and, on a whim, decided to create an account tonight.

So there you have it.
Hi everyone!

sara

Post by sara » Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:32 pm

Hi, I'm Sara and it just occurred to me that I never introduced myself when I joined the forum. I don't post much, but I do read lots of your posts and find them very enjoyable.

First heard Frank on a tip from a fellow Bad Religion fan back in 2009 (KerouacCat, are you on this forum? If so, thank you!), and then bought Poetry of the Deed right away. Have since acquired all other albums except for SIFTW, and love them all. Poetry of the Deed resonates a lot with me though, because my life is pretty transient - I love all the songs about finding yourself in the journey.

I am originally from the great state of Washington (northwestern U.S.), but have since lived in Bahrain, the Philippines, and now Paris. I teach high school math.

Nice to meet you all, and looking forward to seeing you at some shows!

addseo1115

Post by addseo1115 » Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:53 am

Hello,
I am new member here.
I have enjoyed with this forum.

blizzy

Post by blizzy » Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:55 pm

Hi everyone ^_^
Anna from Verona(Italy), just landed!