The "Everything Is Shit" Thread

Rant and rave at will, that's why you're here, this is the internet after all

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

Blonde

Re: The "Everything Is Shit" Thread

Post by Blonde » Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:06 am

We have a coffee machine at home. Yesterday I went to use it, was halfway through making my coffee before it started making a funny noise and went BANG! Not only did I break the coffee machine, I also managed to blow the fuse, had to reset the fuse box and the socket it was plugged into has had to be replaced. I'm just hoping that the machine has a fault under the warranty (we've had it two months) and I don't have to fork out for a new one as it isn't exactly cheap.

Cassie

Post by Cassie » Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:23 pm

Blonde wrote:We have a coffee machine at home. Yesterday I went to use it, was halfway through making my coffee before it started making a funny noise and went BANG! Not only did I break the coffee machine, I also managed to blow the fuse, had to reset the fuse box and the socket it was plugged into has had to be replaced. I'm just hoping that the machine has a fault under the warranty (we've had it two months) and I don't have to fork out for a new one as it isn't exactly cheap.
I heard 'home repair needed', 'money spent', and all WITHOUT COFFEE. You really have my sympathies. I think I'd have to be checked in.

Leilalei

Post by Leilalei » Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:24 pm

My 12 yr old sons female friends doing the 'no make up selfie' thing....YOU ARE 12!!!
Never put a sock in a toaster!

lareinedeslames

Post by lareinedeslames » Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:35 am

My grandmother died Thursday morning, early. Mom woke me up before my alarm to tell me. I won't say that Grandma and I had been particularly close the past several years, for a variety of reasons, but I was something of a pet of hers when I was young; I stayed with her the summer after my grandfather died to be company to her, and she informed a lot of my interests--gardening and plants in general, cooking, and oh god music. I don't think I'd have the breadth of taste that I have now if it weren't for her introducing me to Ragtime, Classical, Big Band, bluegrass, gospel...

In any case, my cousin, another of her pets and a pastor, is officiating at the funeral, and suggested that I could play a song or two. And of course I immediately agreed--after all, anything right? Since Grandma wanted Ecclesiastes read at her service, I decided on "Turn Turn Turn" by The Byrds, and since she loved the song so much I'm also doing "Bridge Over Troubled Water."

My fingers are sore, and I'm slightly terrified that I'll fuck either or both songs up. It would be dickish of me to back out now, since my cousin has already planned the service around the songs I'll be playing. And I know I'd hate myself if I did back out, but god. If I screw this up I'll hate myself too.

*deep breath* I guess I'll get back to practicing.

Lupemankell

Post by Lupemankell » Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:30 pm

I am very angry and sad at the moment.
My Dad came back from his holidays last week and got sick two days later. I thought it was just a cold, but it got worse. And on Thursday we called for an ambulance. Since then he was diangnosed with pneumonia and sepsis. He is now in an artifical coma. He is fighting for his life. His kidneys stopped working 2 days ago. His liver yesterday. And since sunday he is attached to a heart-lung machine. They found out that his brain is damaged. Today I had an interview at the hospital about what he would probably want. And when I came back home I got a call from the doctor they found the cause of all his problems the legionella pathogen.
He is 66 years old and we had a difficult time, when I was a kid. But when my first child was born he changed a lot and is a good reliable grandfather for my sons. I don't know what to tell my sons. They are still struggeling with their fathers dead a few years ago.

darlenet.

Post by darlenet. » Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:46 am

It's a bit embarrassing to post about my petty aggravations after reading some of the previous posts on this thread. But I can say I'm truly sorry for the trouble in your lives, and I hope things are better for you.

My gripe is with the date July 1st. The absolute worst day to be in an American university teaching hospital. The day that previous med students are now interns and able to be unleashed on the poor unsuspecting public. The day that a starched white coat and an iPad tightly clutched as a lifeline make a person a doctor. July 1st is the day that the following advice has never been more prudent:

"Be kind to nurses. We prevent doctors from accidently killing you."

Ah, I feel much better now.
shows? 90 so far...

SB

Post by SB » Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:35 am

darlenet. wrote:It's a bit embarrassing to post about my petty aggravations after reading some of the previous posts on this thread. But I can say I'm truly sorry for the trouble in your lives, and I hope things are better for you.

My gripe is with the date July 1st. The absolute worst day to be in an American university teaching hospital. The day that previous med students are now interns and able to be unleashed on the poor unsuspecting public. The day that a starched white coat and an iPad tightly clutched as a lifeline make a person a doctor. July 1st is the day that the following advice has never been more prudent:

Darlenet: here the rotation day and the day when the med students starts on the wards as doctors is referred to as 'Black Wednesday'. It's a shit time to be a patient and I would imagine equally as difficult being on the nursing staff!

sarahg

Post by sarahg » Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:13 am

SB wrote:
darlenet. wrote:It's a bit embarrassing to post about my petty aggravations after reading some of the previous posts on thoperation. tmtruly sorry for the trouble in your lives, and I hope things are better for you.

Darlenet: here the rotation day and the day when the med students starts on the wards as doctors is referred to as 'Black Wednesday'. It's a shit time to be a patient and I would imagine equally as difficult being on the nursing staff!
Hmmm, if you ask me I would say it was a very legitimate gripe, my sister is a nurse and has saved the day on many a time.
Plus I hope my operation next month does not fall on black Wednesday, or even worse bring your kids to work day!

blastman

Post by blastman » Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:24 am

There are still two weekends between me and payday

darlenet.

Post by darlenet. » Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:04 am

Thanks!! SB and sarahg for feeling my pain so to speak! Hope all goes well with your operation, sarahg, because you must recover in time for a concert in September, eh? And Blastman, your situation is just too heinous to consider. Lonnngest two weeks ever!
shows? 90 so far...

trogette

Post by trogette » Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:52 pm

veeeeeeeeery minor beef. What a pain in the arse it is when the gym's busy and people are on 'your' machines and it fucks up your routine.

blastman

Post by blastman » Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:19 pm

darlenet. wrote:Thanks!! SB and sarahg for feeling my pain so to speak! Hope all goes well with your operation, sarahg, because you must recover in time for a concert in September, eh? And Blastman, your situation is just too heinous to consider. Lonnngest two weeks ever!
Amen, sister! :D (at least it's only one now)

sarahg

Post by sarahg » Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:22 pm

This is just me sounding off, please feel free to ignore.
I hate being disabled. I hate being in constant discomfort, I bloody loath having to fight for my rights to get access to things.
It took over an hour and lengthy wrangling to just get parked at the festival yesterday, we spoke to 13 different officials before we even gained access to the site. I think I would still be there if I had not asked a copper, he was the only one to go find the person in charge..but it took me being reduced to humiliating tears before getting assistance.
Ok, disabled toilets, why do big hairy arsed able bodied men think the blue sign means this is where you take the biggest, stinkiest dump possible? Then leave it in the pan?
Viewing platform, not all disabled people are in wheel chairs, many of us suffer Chronic pain and therefore need to sit down, it took over 20 minutes to find a seat, thank you sound/lighting people.
Crowd tossers, don't throw plastic bottles at ft you shit heads!
And finally, why the effing hell didn't I go up to ft and beans when they walked past me, shake their hands and thank them for being amazing?
Because I am an idiot.
Sigh, sorry rant over.

darlenet.

Post by darlenet. » Sat Aug 02, 2014 3:41 pm

sarahg wrote:...I bloody loath having to fight for my rights to get access to things.
Well, thank goodness you do! Hopefully, you made an impression on some of those folks yesterday!
sarahg wrote:And finally, why the effing hell didn't I go up to ft and beans when they walked past me, shake their hands and thank them for being amazing?
Because I am an idiot.
Haha, we've all been there. It's hard to intrude on someone's conversation. But I did see this picture from the festival that I think is nice. (George Budd photography)

Take care, Darlene

shows? 90 so far...

sarahg

Post by sarahg » Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:34 pm

darlenet. wrote:
sarahg wrote:...I bloody loath having to fight for my rights to get access to things.
Well, thank goodness you do! Hopefully, you made an impression on some of those folks yesterday!
sarahg wrote:And finally, why the effing hell didn't I go up to ft and beans when they walked past me, shake their hands and thank them for being amazing?
Because I am an idiot.
Haha, we've all been there. It's hard to intrude on someone's conversation. But I did see this picture from the festival that I think is nice. (George Budd photography)

Take care, Darlene

Ha! Thank you!
To be fair my reasoning went like this...I know they're great mates, they were catching up, having a chat, minding their own business, they have a right to their privacy....plus I was chicken shit. Excuse my language.
xxx