UK Arena Tour/ Meet the crowd

If you have a specific question you want me to get back to, put it here and I'll think about it

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

Danlechief

Re: UK Arena Tour/ Meet the crowd

Post by Danlechief » Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:07 pm

This entire thread has turned to bullshit. How on earth people can complain about a scheme that hasn't even been officially announced yet is beyond me. It may not even happen now that the people behind it have read some of these comments. Can we try and remember that the huge majority of bands don't meet fans afterwards? Frank has always been the exception , not the rule. And the same people complaining that his gigs are too big are the same ones bitching that they didn't get winchester tickets. Well you know what? If frank hung out and met every fan every night outside of a 500 seat venue then you'd never get tickets to a show. And the one big thing that everyone else is ignoring? ITS FOR CHARITY!!! man up and pay the £10!!!
"Age is no object if you're in love.

Oh shit what have I just said?"

frank turner, Birmingham, 18th November 2015

Blonde

Post by Blonde » Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:15 pm

You make it sound like you're the only one who agrees with this idea and the rest of the thread is just bitching about it!

Danlechief

Post by Danlechief » Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:20 pm

Blonde wrote:You make it sound like you're the only one who agrees with this idea and the rest of the thread is just bitching about it!
Fair point.

ScarletPlanetMoon

Post by ScarletPlanetMoon » Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:20 pm

Danlechief wrote:This entire thread has turned to bullshit. How on earth people can complain about a scheme that hasn't even been officially announced yet is beyond me. It may not even happen now that the people behind it have read some of these comments. Can we try and remember that the huge majority of bands don't meet fans afterwards? Frank has always been the exception , not the rule. And the same people complaining that his gigs are too big are the same ones bitching that they didn't get winchester tickets. Well you know what? If frank hung out and met every fan every night outside of a 500 seat venue then you'd never get tickets to a show. And the one big thing that everyone else is ignoring? ITS FOR CHARITY!!! man up and pay the £10!!!
It's all well and good saying 'man up and pay the £10', but have you thought that there are some people who actually don't have the £10 to give? I'm walking 2 miles to and from work for a few weeks (I only work part time as it is) and probably going without food on the days of the shows I'm going just so I can afford to go in the first place. So maybe it's impossible to 'man up and pay the £10'.
I'm no good at thinking of something funny enough for these things.
http://www.hellyeahjlandtss.tumblr.com

Blonde

Post by Blonde » Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:25 pm

ScarletPlanetMoon wrote: and probably going without food on the days of the shows I'm going just so I can afford to go in the first place.
I really would not recommend that.

ScarletPlanetMoon

Post by ScarletPlanetMoon » Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:30 pm

Blonde wrote:
ScarletPlanetMoon wrote: and probably going without food on the days of the shows I'm going just so I can afford to go in the first place.
I really would not recommend that.
It'll be fine, honest. I've done it before when I've not felt like eating. I survive :)

Danlechief

Post by Danlechief » Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:36 pm

Okay so I'm being flippant, sure. But my main point was that it's a good thing that he's doing. No one is insisting that anyone has to attend a show, and the ticket prices are very reasonable for the venues that they are at. If you can't afford to eat you shouldn't go to a show. I'm sorry if that sounds harsh, I don't mean it to, and if you're dead set on meeting frank then fuck it, il PayPal you a tenner to go to the sound check. Not because of any reason other than that it's going to charity.

ScarletPlanetMoon

Post by ScarletPlanetMoon » Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:52 pm

Danlechief wrote:Okay so I'm being flippant, sure. But my main point was that it's a good thing that he's doing. No one is insisting that anyone has to attend a show, and the ticket prices are very reasonable for the venues that they are at. If you can't afford to eat you shouldn't go to a show. I'm sorry if that sounds harsh, I don't mean it to, and if you're dead set on meeting frank then fuck it, il PayPal you a tenner to go to the sound check. Not because of any reason other than that it's going to charity.
When I booked the ticket I could afford to go to the show, but y'know, shit happens.

I'm genuinely not bothered about meeting him anymore. To be honest, right now I actually couldn't care less.

LoveStreet

Post by LoveStreet » Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:03 pm

ScarletPlanetMoon wrote:
Danlechief wrote:Okay so I'm being flippant, sure. But my main point was that it's a good thing that he's doing. No one is insisting that anyone has to attend a show, and the ticket prices are very reasonable for the venues that they are at. If you can't afford to eat you shouldn't go to a show. I'm sorry if that sounds harsh, I don't mean it to, and if you're dead set on meeting frank then fuck it, il PayPal you a tenner to go to the sound check. Not because of any reason other than that it's going to charity.
When I booked the ticket I could afford to go to the show, but y'know, shit happens.

I'm genuinely not bothered about meeting him anymore. To be honest, right now I actually couldn't care less.
I feel like that was a snarky comment to make, just because your feelings are hurt about people coming down on your comments. You're still going to the gig, and others are going to pay for the soundcheck. It's all for charity. So c'mon guys, let's spread the love. :D
(But our beginnings never know our ends!)

Leilalei

Post by Leilalei » Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:18 pm

See I don't get that. I live a fairly mundane life, mainly at home parent/part time job and love live music. Always a brilliant evening or, puts me on a high etc but I wouldn't do it if I couldn't afford it.
I'd suck it up and just not go.
The charity events (which we don't even know what is actually involved) while great is not essential to having a brilliant evening.
As for food or Frank, depends what food but I love food so it is always likely to win ;)
Never put a sock in a toaster!

ScarletPlanetMoon

Post by ScarletPlanetMoon » Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:26 pm

LoveStreet wrote:
ScarletPlanetMoon wrote:

I feel like that was a snarky comment to make, just because your feelings are hurt about people coming down on your comments. You're still going to the gig, and others are going to pay for the soundcheck. It's all for charity. So c'mon guys, let's spread the love. :D
I'm being snarky because I told the truth? What would you prefer me to say? 'omg frank I love you marry me!!!!!!!'?
I aren't stopping other people paying for it, and I haven't said so. People are welcome to do what they want.

And maybe I wasn't clear enough... I can afford to eat, I just can't *really* afford to buy extra if I'm spending a day out. I'm still going because it's the only place I get to see my friends.

darlenet.

Post by darlenet. » Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:35 pm

Leilalei wrote:As for food or Frank, depends what food but I love food so it is always likely to win ;)
I'm bored (total shit rainstorm all day) so your comments got me thinking.....Frank vs food. I'd totally ditch him for Bananas Foster!
shows? 90 so far...

Leilalei

Post by Leilalei » Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:41 pm

darlenet. wrote:
Leilalei wrote:As for food or Frank, depends what food but I love food so it is always likely to win ;)
I'm bored (total shit rainstorm all day) so your comments got me thinking.....Frank vs food. I'd totally ditch him for Bananas Foster!
Steak! Always steak, I'd ditch my own kids for steak if I was hungry enough
Never put a sock in a toaster!

Wing-

Post by Wing- » Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:49 pm

ScarletPlanetMoon wrote: And don't worry, I don't intend to come to the damn hangout.
Consider it this way, yes Frank has said he wouldn't charge for us to meet him and to be fair he hasn't gone back on his word. That £5 or £10 is actually to watch the soundcheck, and getting to meet Frank and the band is an added bonus of it.

Just a heads up, I may be looking to swap my standing ticket for a seat (Manchester), as my slipped disk re-slipped so to speak last month. But it is slowly getting better, so I'm leaving my decision till the day of the gig. So yeah, I may be walking around trying to hunt somebody down! :cry:

valderie

Post by valderie » Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:04 am

Wing- wrote:Just a heads up, I may be looking to swap my standing ticket for a seat (Manchester), as my slipped disk re-slipped so to speak last month. But it is slowly getting better, so I'm leaving my decision till the day of the gig. So yeah, I may be walking around trying to hunt somebody down! :cry:
If you're doing very poorly and have a standing ticket, usually you can ask venue security to switch for a seat and they'll help you! check the venue's disabled accessibility. ive done this for shows in the past, usually you just have to show up around doors and explain what's wrong and why you need to switch standing for a seat :)