To Take You Home live

If you have a specific question you want me to get back to, put it here and I'll think about it

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

ManchesterSocialClub

To Take You Home live

Post by ManchesterSocialClub » Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:19 pm

Maybe this is answered somewhere else but why don't you play To Take You Home on a regular basis?

Evan

Re: To Take You Home live

Post by Evan » Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:32 pm

He only seems to play it when I am there, because I fucking hate it. I have seen him do it at least a dozen times. I am pretty sure he does it simply to annoy me.
Beverley, Birmingham, Blackheath, Boston, Cheltenham, Dublin, Donington, Guildford, Hatfield, Hoboken, Knebworth, Latitude, Leamington Spa, London, Manchester, New York, Nottingham, Oxford, Reading, Sayreville, Sheffield, Southend, Wembley, Wolverhampton.

ManchesterSocialClub

Post by ManchesterSocialClub » Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:13 pm

Hahah, we've seen a few shows and the set lists have always been great except for the absence of that song, clearly its because you weren't there!

Venomous_Bear

Post by Venomous_Bear » Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:14 pm

Kills the groove! Also, my guess is that a lot of people seem to have a self-importance issue, and will automatically assume that Frank is singing it to them in the crowd if he points at them or anything. That happened with "Substitute" on the recent trip. Wild-eyed chick's friends had to tell her that no, he probably wasn't singing to her alone. :P
Toronto (x3), Hatfield, Derry, London (x2), Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Saskatoon, Winnipeg, Detroit, Buffalo, Boston (x4), Ottawa, Fake London, Nottingham, Manchester, Portsmouth

minidazzler

Post by minidazzler » Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:18 pm

Venomous_Bear wrote:Kills the groove! Also, my guess is that a lot of people seem to have a self-importance issue, and will automatically assume that Frank is singing it to them in the crowd if he points at them or anything. That happened with "Substitute" on the recent trip. Wild-eyed chick's friends had to tell her that no, he probably wasn't singing to her alone. :P
OH EM GEEEE The head of the Guitar is pointing in my direction, he really does love me! :D

I think as a full band song it's a little too slow for gigs, there's not many places it fits perfectly between. That said, I really like the song, but it's more an album song in my head.
I'd rather be the one who loves than to be loved and never even know.

frank
Site Admin

Post by frank » Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:34 pm

A big part of it is actually that the song is in DADGAD tuning. More often than not I only have two guitars with me for a show and retuning one of them is a pain. Alas. I like the song.
Shows? All of em.

"He's like an Uncle, I like him but I don't want to listen to him all day."

Gleena

Post by Gleena » Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:12 am

But do you have a list of Songs That Annoy Evan that you squirrel away? That's the real question.
Yank at large, hiding in London
https://twitter.com/Gleena
Shows: 32 in five countries and on the ocean.

Evan

Post by Evan » Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:01 am

Gleena wrote:But do you have a list of Songs That Annoy Evan that you squirrel away? That's the real question.
It's only that one that really gets on my tits.
Beverley, Birmingham, Blackheath, Boston, Cheltenham, Dublin, Donington, Guildford, Hatfield, Hoboken, Knebworth, Latitude, Leamington Spa, London, Manchester, New York, Nottingham, Oxford, Reading, Sayreville, Sheffield, Southend, Wembley, Wolverhampton.

Gleena

Post by Gleena » Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:20 am

Evan wrote:
Gleena wrote:But do you have a list of Songs That Annoy Evan that you squirrel away? That's the real question.
It's only that one that really gets on my tits.
Huh. He's got a couple that get on mine, but that's not one of them. Weird, because I usually agree with your assessments of music. (Nodding quietly in agreement, at least, in front of my computer here.)

Course, it's not like we have music cause he's got Smith Street out with him. He's left us Jen Buxton and Linc Lefevre and that's about it. Terrible bastard.
Yank at large, hiding in London
https://twitter.com/Gleena
Shows: 32 in five countries and on the ocean.

Venomous_Bear

Post by Venomous_Bear » Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:50 pm

frank wrote:A big part of it is actually that the song is in DADGAD tuning. More often than not I only have two guitars with me for a show and retuning one of them is a pain. Alas. I like the song.
Ahhhh ok, makes sense. Plaskett carries five acoustic guitars and still tunes onstage, plus halfway through a song, he broke a string and had to retune while he talked to us. This is because he was raised outside of Halifax, where music is a kind of enchantment rather than something you practice (seriously, everyone. It's weird). Also, the general crowd for him is older and more patient. Holy shit. If you tried to retune onstage, I don't even wanna know what would happen. And carrying more guitars would be a huge pain, no doubt.

It is a good song... I've always liked the melding of the traditional medley with the "romance at the metal show" lyrics.

Assuming this is also the reason Wanderlust gets skipped? I can't pick one favourite, but that one is close. I'm too new of a guitar person to know if the tuning actually fully changes for that one, but it sounds like it.
Toronto (x3), Hatfield, Derry, London (x2), Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Saskatoon, Winnipeg, Detroit, Buffalo, Boston (x4), Ottawa, Fake London, Nottingham, Manchester, Portsmouth

frank
Site Admin

Post by frank » Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:59 am

wanderlust is actually standard. i just am not yet convinced the end of the song is right..
Shows? All of em.

"He's like an Uncle, I like him but I don't want to listen to him all day."

Evan

Post by Evan » Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:02 am

frank wrote:wanderlust is actually standard. i just am not yet convinced the end of the song is right..
Well, as usual, you're wrong. That song is awesome.

ScarletPlanetMoon

Post by ScarletPlanetMoon » Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:28 pm

Evan wrote:
frank wrote:wanderlust is actually standard. i just am not yet convinced the end of the song is right..
Yup, Wanderlust is awesome. I'd love to hear it live.
I'm no good at thinking of something funny enough for these things.
http://www.hellyeahjlandtss.tumblr.com

Rubber_Soul

Post by Rubber_Soul » Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:18 pm

ScarletPlanetMoon wrote:
Evan wrote:
Yup, Wanderlust is awesome. I'd love to hear it live.
Can't say I'd complain at all if it was on the next tour.
My acoustic sessions and history of Addistock gigs etc... - http://addistock.wordpress.com/

Find Addistock on facebook and twitter here - - http://www.facebook.com/AddistockSessions or http://twitter.com/addistock

Venomous_Bear

Post by Venomous_Bear » Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:58 pm

Samesies. I like the end; leaves the unfinished business that the whole song implies.