The "Everything Is Shit" Thread

Rant and rave at will, that's why you're here, this is the internet after all

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

moomin

Re: The "Everything Is Shit" Thread

Post by moomin » Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:44 pm

bit of a bad day for racing yesterday, another racer was taken to hospital with swelling on the brain after a big off at Laguna, looks like he will pull through though thankfully.

If I am honest that is the way I would love to go out, fast hard and doing something I love.

moomin

Post by moomin » Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:05 pm

so fucking bored today
tried reading but couldn't focus, keep going to do stuff and losing all inclination

really just want a job now tbh
or just a huge wad of cold hard cash

Gleena

Post by Gleena » Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:51 pm

moomin wrote:so fucking bored today
tried reading but couldn't focus, keep going to do stuff and losing all inclination

really just want a job now tbh
or just a huge wad of cold hard cash
Cheer up, moomin, likely this is something we all want. :)

Go listen to something angry.
Yank at large, hiding in London
https://twitter.com/Gleena
Shows: 32 in five countries and on the ocean.

seamiedev

Post by seamiedev » Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:16 pm

My wife went to sit her driving test, test had to be cancelled due to defective brake light even though the lights were fine earlier, which means it must have blown on the way into town to do the test, has to reschedule and pay the €80 fee again :x
:D

Gleena

Post by Gleena » Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:51 pm

seamiedev wrote:My wife went to sit her driving test, test had to be cancelled due to defective brake light even though the lights were fine earlier, which means it must have blown on the way into town to do the test, has to reschedule and pay the €80 fee again :x
That's filled with suck and poor timing, dude. :(

Bella

Post by Bella » Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:03 pm

had to call an ambulance the other night - not impressed! They were lovely, but really not what I wanted to be doing at 4am

kidney infection - you should see the size of the antibiotics they gave me - yeuk.

bad timing - supposed to be away on Monday, unlikely to go now, still in pain, very dizzy and really, really ANNOYED!

Bella
x
1084 Kilkenny, 1088 Dublin, 1139 Newport, 1255 Frome, 1301 Southampton, 1303 Bath, 1307 Cork, 1308 Galway, 1310 Dublin, 1324 Dublin. Manchester, Leeds, Bristol, Birmingham, Southampton, 2000 Trees Cave, 2000 Trees Main Stage...many...lots

Gleena

Post by Gleena » Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:38 am

Bella wrote:had to call an ambulance the other night - not impressed! They were lovely, but really not what I wanted to be doing at 4am

kidney infection - you should see the size of the antibiotics they gave me - yeuk.

bad timing - supposed to be away on Monday, unlikely to go now, still in pain, very dizzy and really, really ANNOYED!

Bella
x

Oh, I missed this before. Look after yourself. :( Are you any better now?

Bella

Post by Bella » Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:34 pm

Gleena wrote:
Bella wrote:had to call an ambulance the other night - not impressed! They were lovely, but really not what I wanted to be doing at 4am

Bella
x

Oh, I missed this before. Look after yourself. :( Are you any better now?
Thank you!

Doc gave me extra antibiotics so I went away anyway - just got back a few hours ago. Going away was the best thing i could have done for myself I think. no phones, no internet, no one I know... sunshine, wildlife, sea swimming (in my clothes - forgot to pack a swim costume, and then figured its England I won't need one... hahahah jokes on me!) I even snorkeled - AMAZING!

I have held a spider crab, a Cling Fish, a male worm pipe fish (with eggs) and several starfish (all supervised and we put them all back where we found them!) Saw thirteen species of butterfly that I can confidently ID and 4 types of day flying moths, I need to look through my pics to see if I got anything else.

Feeling tired, still in some physical pain, but mentally in a much better place (probably cause I haven't looked at my phone, email or post yet - I'll leave that for Monday I think. ;-) )

Bella
x
1084 Kilkenny, 1088 Dublin, 1139 Newport, 1255 Frome, 1301 Southampton, 1303 Bath, 1307 Cork, 1308 Galway, 1310 Dublin, 1324 Dublin. Manchester, Leeds, Bristol, Birmingham, Southampton, 2000 Trees Cave, 2000 Trees Main Stage...many...lots

Gleena

Post by Gleena » Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:46 pm

I am so glad you're feeling better, Bella, and that your trip was fun. Yeay! Getting away from it all sounds grand

I have a paper due next week. Corporations law. It's exactly as interesting as it sounds.

Cassie

Post by Cassie » Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:05 pm

I'm new here... this thread looked interesting, and how funny people have been responding to this topic for three years! I thought MAYBE hearing how everyone's life sucked I would feel better about my own right now. But, some of the posts actually made me laugh so to everyone, thanks. To think people are genuinely upset about poor manners like inappropriate spitting and toilet etiquette. I can securely say I have never pissed in a sink :)

I found out recently my husband cheated on me. I want the last 12 years of my life back and I can't recover the time I've wasted. And THAT is shit. Most days I feel great, like I get a chance to start over. Some days I feel lousy, then I listen to Frank, and all better. On a rare occasion I feel like I need a good cry but can't work one up. I rarely cry and feel emotions are a dangerous weakness. Today...I feel like life weighs 40,000 tons. The weight on my chest says I really should be crying but for some reason I can't make it happen. I tried everything that makes me feel better. I have listened to all my music that cheers me, kept busy, turned up the soundtrack of my life and avoided sitting still long enough to think about a single thing. Went to work and went through all the paces of the usual day and prayed no one could see what was behind my eyes and that everyone believed the face I put on. "It takes a stiff upper lip to hold up my face" and today I feel my face falling bit by bit.

And since I am such an emotional cripple, I am pouring my thoughts out on this thread, knowing full well no one I know listens to Frank Turner and surely wouldn't put in time reading a forum on his website. So they can all go on believing I am amazing in my ability to go through this betrayal and come out stronger than ever, unfazed and unscathed. And I am safe in the knowledge if anyone actually takes the time to read this, they are probably living in another country and can't judge me by my minute of weakness and momentary feelings of being defeated by my sadness... so feeling a little destroyed by this can remain my dirty little secret.

And now I am going for a walk with a friend so I can assure her that I am absolutely fine.

Gleena

Post by Gleena » Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:53 pm

I'm so sorry Cassie. That's awful. Look after yourself. Grieve, cry, do what you have to do to let go and start over.

All the best, you have my sympathies.

Bella

Post by Bella » Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:46 am

Hey Cassie,

I am lucky (or unlucky depending on your point of view - or how I feel about myself on any given day) to have truly fallen in love twice.

I learned something the first time around that I don't think anyone has ever talked to me about...

How you know you are truly in love (as opposed to thinking you are and then realizing at some point that dating was fun... but.... etc etc etc)

When you really love someone, you love them for all that they are.

The good stuff, the bad stuff, the interesting stuff, the stuff you find out as you go along despite thinking you knew all the important bits already. The weird stuff, a persons quirks, their weird wonderful and occasionally down right freaky bad habits... ALL OF IT!

Because when you truly love someone you find a way to accept the things you don't like or don't understand. Because you love that person you put up with (some) things that you maybe might not take from someone else, (some things of course are always unacceptable)

When you truly love someone you find a way to make things work - for both of you.

The guy that taught me this? I lived with him for four years and walked in on him and a girl having sex.

I stayed calm, told him that his friendship meant a lot more to me than being his girlfriend/lover, went home and cried my eyes out.

He didn't get it at first - apparently when you catch the love of your life in bed with someone else you are supposed to scream, rant, rave, threaten, and then never speak to them again. About eighteen months after this he came for a visit (not the first, wasn't the last either) and told me that he finally understood what I meant. He was so sorry for not believing me at the time, he should have known better. It was a combination of things that made him realize ... the fact i never tried to kiss him or sleep with him after that, that I stayed in touch, that I helped him out with a few things, that I treated him as a person (rather than a cheating scumbag) just as I always had. He had been under the impression since we met that he was my "bit of rough" and I was with him to upset my family (or something) because he had tattoos, long hair and earrings and I.. umm... well - my family is not like that - in his words "you talk posh". If he had asked me to marry him - I would have!

I haven't seen him in about 16 or so years and have no idea what he is doing or even where he is - he has wanderlust so could be anywhere...

I have been married for 9 years to a man that I fell deeply in love with. We met through a web forum, just chatting about recording studios and gigs and got talking, eventually swapped email addresses and later phone number and eventually met in person and got married a little over a year later.

I'm going through a tough time at the moment with my health and something else that I can't talk about right now, but I want you to know that I have been there done that with the whole telling people you are fine and then going off for a good cry. I was devastated when I caught him with her, but I tried to tell people I was ok. When he came to me to tell me he understood - he also understood (really truly understood) how much he had hurt me, and the effort I went to pretend I was still ok with it all. Although I got over it eventually, even his understanding might make me feel a bit better but will never erase that sight of the two of them together....

HUGS

Bella
x

moomin

Post by moomin » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:50 am

I wouldn't say those 12 years have been a waste of your life or time or energy or love.
You will have had some of the most amazing times in that time and learnt so much about you, finding out about your husband was one moment in thousands of equally important and wonderful and painful and life changing moments. You haven't wasted anything.

valderie

Post by valderie » Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:44 am

im a bit pissed off at my body as im having crushing fatigue and random painful back/leg spasms this week during my trip to the UK. means i have to limit my plans even more. body this is a vacation!! should be fun!! not curled up wanting to die in a hotel!! :roll:

Gleena

Post by Gleena » Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:49 am

valderie wrote:im a bit pissed off at my body as im having crushing fatigue and random painful back/leg spasms this week during my trip to the UK. means i have to limit my plans even more. body this is a vacation!! should be fun!! not curled up wanting to die in a hotel!! :roll:
I can only say that I completely understand this (reference my trip to San Francisco and Vegas last year) and you have my sympathy. :(