The "Everything Is Shit" Thread

Rant and rave at will, that's why you're here, this is the internet after all

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

Blonde

Re: The

Post by Blonde » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:19 pm

SB wrote:
When am I seeing you? I need to give you one of those stupidly almost painful hugs. And buy you a drink. If you don't say 'soon' then I'm coming up to there to get you drunk.
2000 Trees!

SB

Re: The "Everything Is Shit" Thread

Post by SB » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:26 pm

HOORAY! I didn't want to mention it as I lose track who's coming and didn't want to potentially rub salt in the wound.

milk tray

Post by milk tray » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:26 pm

"husband" is pissing me off so I'm on the malibu and it's only wednesday... :evil:

Helium

Post by Helium » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:56 pm

SB wrote:
That is all shit. Is there any chance of rearranging the interview? I'm sure you've thought of that, it's more my curious brain needing to know.
I hope so, they're interviewing internal people first so hopefully will be able to include me in the external interviews. I've got to ring HR tomorrow.

Yes 2000 Trees! It's currently the shiny beacon that's keeping me sane at the moment.

I actually feel a little better for moaning haha, so thanks :)
10: 18/03, 27/08, 04/12, 31/12
11: 17/2, 21/4, 13/5 16/5, 7/7, 26/8 (x2), 24/11, 26/11, 27/11
12: 13/4, 7/7, 12/11, 13/11, 17/11
13: 17/4, 19/4, 11/7, 12/7
14: 7/2, 9/2, 12/2, 28/9
15: 24/3, 27/8, 15/11, 23/11
16: 23/11, 13/12, 15/12
18: 8/5, 13/5

Dougie

Post by Dougie » Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:29 am

I say silly things.

Also finally going to live the 'dream' of traveling for some time - any other time in my life this would be easy, these dicks have to make me all affectionate for them & make me want to stay to be around them. It's most frustrating. That's not the shit thing - it's just the mind fuck of figuring out why I actually wanted to do this in the first place.

Gleena

Post by Gleena » Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:16 am

I had this bizarre midlife crisis, decided that I really did want to be a lawyer after all. I really do. I go to uni part time and work full time.

I am just so fucking overwhelmed and right at the point that I've done too fucking much to quit and have so much to go it seems like I'll never finish.
Yank at large, hiding in London
https://twitter.com/Gleena
Shows: 32 in five countries and on the ocean.

moomin

Post by moomin » Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:42 am

the only thing which will truly make this shit Gleena is giving up

if you have gotten to this point then you can make it to the final hurdle.
take heart have faith and push on through
you will do this and it will be worth it

I have been on the other side where it got too much and I gave up and it is my biggest regret
it will be the thing which haunts me till I die

Gleena

Post by Gleena » Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:25 am

Aww...moomin, thanks for that.

I can and will push through but shit week at work, bathroom tiles fell off the wall (inorite, wtf) and the subjects I'm taking are a bit dry (civil procedure and corporations law) so I sort of lost the will to live yesterday.

You people round here are awesome.

I'm sort of in the underpants gnome part of my degree:

1. Go to law school
2. ??
3. Profit!

I'm deeply in 2.

Moomin, if your thing was uni, can't you go back?

darlenet.

Post by darlenet. » Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:47 pm

Work sucks right now. We have a "new management team" and they are enacting trivial juvenile rules. If no one is late for a month, we get a......wait for it....pizza party. Ugh! Stuff like that. And I have to cover my tattoo. Now, that will make me a better employee.

And no gigs in sight until Rancid in September. Help me.

Darlene
shows? 90 so far...

moomin

Post by moomin » Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:33 pm

Gleena wrote: Moomin, if your thing was uni, can't you go back?
it was a uni thing but I had to drop out due to money issues, those issues have gotten worse so that's me scuppered.
By the time I have fixed that aspect of my life I am not sure I would still want to continue plus I will be trying to save for other things, so in a lot of ways I feel that chance has passed me by. I have a fixed goal now which has been with me all my life and that is one I will concentrate on.

Suppose there is a lot I could add to this thread with regards to everything being shit but my head is in a good place so everything is doable and everything has a possible solution even if i can't see what it is right now
that is probably far too happy for a everything is shit thread

Gleena

Post by Gleena » Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:28 pm

darlenet. wrote:Work sucks right now. We have a "new management team" and they are enacting trivial juvenile rules. If no one is late for a month, we get a......wait for it....pizza party. Ugh! Stuff like that. And I have to cover my tattoo. Now, that will make me a better employee.

And no gigs in sight until Rancid in September. Help me.

Darlene

OMG pizza! Now that's a thing worth busting your ass for. Especially when it's cheap Dominoes or something. /sarcasm font

It's good when they don't treat you like an adult. I mean, god only knows how you managed to dress yourself AND brush your teeth AND show up at some point (not on time, mind you) until they turned up to manage you.

Hang in there. Been there, done that, cried on my t-shirt.

Gleena

Post by Gleena » Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:30 pm

moomin wrote:
Gleena wrote: Moomin, if your thing was uni, can't you go back?
it was a uni thing but I had to drop out due to money issues, those issues have gotten worse so that's me scuppered.
By the time I have fixed that aspect of my life I am not sure I would still want to continue plus I will be trying to save for other things, so in a lot of ways I feel that chance has passed me by. I have a fixed goal now which has been with me all my life and that is one I will concentrate on.

Suppose there is a lot I could add to this thread with regards to everything being shit but my head is in a good place so everything is doable and everything has a possible solution even if i can't see what it is right now
that is probably far too happy for a everything is shit thread

Never say never, that's where I was. But if you have a goal and you're going where you want to go, then fuck college. :) Make your life your work, sez Frank, and I agree.

I'll get there, so will you.

Leilalei

Post by Leilalei » Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:31 pm

A lighthearted one but

I have a hangover and some kind of bug, I slept in my daughters bed instead of my own last night? (she wasnt in it) woke up next to a opened yet uneaten bag of crisps.

I have no fat coke in the house to make me feel better , no bacon either.

Cocktails out of teapots, you are so delicious but so deadly.

Im going to weep into the sofa while pretending to be a functioning parental role model this afternoon.
Never put a sock in a toaster!

moomin

Post by moomin » Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:02 pm

this is shit

http://www.bennetts.co.uk/bikesocial/ne ... evn840TySo

pretty disgusting to see it unfold as clear he had been hit hard but very sad to hear he hasn't made it through.
Thankfully most do and I am always so awed by their determination to get up and get back on their bikes despite being in sometimes crippling pain like Lorenzo racing with a broken collarbone and having to be helped off the bike after. They are slightly crazy but I can't help but admire them.

Gleena

Post by Gleena » Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:28 pm

Leilalei wrote:A lighthearted one but

I have a hangover and some kind of bug, I slept in my daughters bed instead of my own last night? (she wasnt in it) woke up next to a opened yet uneaten bag of crisps.

I have no fat coke in the house to make me feel better , no bacon either.

Cocktails out of teapots, you are so delicious but so deadly.

Im going to weep into the sofa while pretending to be a functioning parental role model this afternoon.
I have a hang over still, from Saturday, so I feel your pain. Drink water. Use screens to distract your child liberally as needed.
moomin wrote:this is shit

http://www.bennetts.co.uk/bikesocial/ne ... evn840TySo

pretty disgusting to see it unfold as clear he had been hit hard but very sad to hear he hasn't made it through.
Thankfully most do and I am always so awed by their determination to get up and get back on their bikes despite being in sometimes crippling pain like Lorenzo racing with a broken collarbone and having to be helped off the bike after. They are slightly crazy but I can't help but admire them.
OMG, that's horrible! His poor family.