Non-Frank Gigs

Talk about upcoming shows, discuss shows that have happened, this isn't rocket science you know

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

User avatar
darlenet.
Posts: 755
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:58 pm
Location: Gainesville, Florida USA

Re: Non-Frank Gigs

Post by darlenet. » Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:40 am

@DaveK: I am sorry to laugh, but I am so with you. Took my daughter to see ATL also, but I decided to stay since their music didn't sound horrible on YouTube. But, holy crap, who could have imagined how horrible the crowd was? Tween girls screaming NON-STOP, acting all "punk", but with protective parents hovering about to protect their princesses. And all the bedazzled "Marry Me" signs......

I'm very concerned about seeing Fallout Boy in June. God, I hope it's not the same crowd. For the record, you're a good Dad!

Cheers.......darlene
shows? 90 so far...

User avatar
Bella
Posts: 544
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:49 pm

Re: Non-Frank Gigs

Post by Bella » Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:28 pm

Last week (huh? where did the days go...?) other than Frank, I saw She Makes War, who has been recommended to me for some time now - So glad I got to see her, utterly amazing.

She was supporting a Leeds Band called Hope & Social who I first saw in erm... 2000? when they were called Four Day Hombre.

So, So , SO EXCELLENT!

I saw them at the Croft, Bristol - just found out, like the next day, that the Croft is closing as a venue - WTF?

Such a good night though - so glad I got to go! :D

Bella
x
1084 Kilkenny, 1088 Dublin, 1139 Newport, 1255 Frome, 1301 Southampton, 1303 Bath, 1307 Cork, 1308 Galway, 1310 Dublin, 1324 Dublin. Manchester, Leeds, Bristol, Birmingham, Southampton, 2000 Trees Cave, 2000 Trees Main Stage...many...lots

DaveK
Posts: 109
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:46 pm
Location: Maryland, USA

Re: Non-Frank Gigs

Post by DaveK » Thu May 02, 2013 2:37 pm

Thanks, Darlene. Yeah, the girls at that concert were something else.... and yes, some of the moms were acting worse than their kids. The lead singer for Pierce the Veil actually said, "We're here to have a good time. If we all die tomorrow I want this night to be the best night you've ever had." To which I mumbled... "If I die tomorrow I'm gonna be pissed that I spent my last night listening to you and these screaming girls." But... my daughter was happy she got to see You Me At Six. So there's that.....

DaveK
Posts: 109
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:46 pm
Location: Maryland, USA

Re: Non-Frank Gigs

Post by DaveK » Fri May 03, 2013 11:22 am

Have tix for Alkaline Trio with Bayside and Off With Their Heads. Not a huge Alkaline Trio fan, I like some of their stuff.... but my nephew loves them. He's been in prison the last 5 years and was finally released a couple months ago. Got busted by Florida's mandatory minimum laws... for illegally obtaining Oxycotin... and was sentenced to 25 years (on his 25th birthday, no less). After 5 years, his lawyer got another hearing and the judge took the prosecutors to task for "tying my hands with this man min stuff". They relented and withdrew the man min requirement and the judge released him. So..... he's visiting in a couple weeks and the least I can do is take him to see one of his favorite bands (which just happen to be here in Baltimore the week he's visiting). Trying to get him hooked on Frank too... don't think it'll be too hard. :D

SB
Posts: 334
Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:26 pm

Re: Non-Frank Gigs

Post by SB » Fri May 03, 2013 11:35 am

I'm at Frank Hamilton tonight, then the week after next I'm at Jim Lockey, Larry & His Flask and Ben Marwood. Then a massive gap (bar 2000 trees) until Frightened Rabbit in November.

SB
Posts: 334
Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:26 pm

Re: Non-Frank Gigs

Post by SB » Fri May 03, 2013 11:36 am

And bloody hell! I'm legally prescribed oxy and can't understand the abuse potential. Reckon I'm in the minority, though, it would seem. Probably for the best.

User avatar
valderie
Posts: 319
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:58 am
Location: new york city

Re: Non-Frank Gigs

Post by valderie » Fri May 03, 2013 6:09 pm

darlenet. wrote:@DaveK: I am sorry to laugh, but I am so with you. Took my daughter to see ATL also, but I decided to stay since their music didn't sound horrible on YouTube. But, holy crap, who could have imagined how horrible the crowd was? Tween girls screaming NON-STOP, acting all "punk", but with protective parents hovering about to protect their princesses. And all the bedazzled "Marry Me" signs......

I'm very concerned about seeing Fallout Boy in June. God, I hope it's not the same crowd. For the record, you're a good Dad!

Cheers.......darlene
ive been a Fall Out Boy fan for years and their crowds have never been like All Time Low fans THANK GOD (at least thats how it has always been in NYC). you shouldn't have anything to worry about.
that being said I'm seeing FOB twice at the end of the month and again in September on their arena tour. saw them back in feb for their secret show after announcing they were back from hiatus. love them.

User avatar
Sid
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:24 pm
Location: France
Contact:

Re: Non-Frank Gigs

Post by Sid » Fri May 03, 2013 8:15 pm

Seeing Larry And His Flask (headline show!!) in a couple of weeks. Can't wait!!
Last edited by Sid on Sat May 04, 2013 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Living on the road my friend, is gonna keep you free and clean."

User avatar
darlenet.
Posts: 755
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:58 pm
Location: Gainesville, Florida USA

Re: Non-Frank Gigs

Post by darlenet. » Fri May 03, 2013 11:54 pm

valderie wrote: ive been a Fall Out Boy fan for years and their crowds have never been like All Time Low fans THANK GOD (at least thats how it has always been in NYC). you shouldn't have anything to worry about.
that being said I'm seeing FOB twice at the end of the month and again in September on their arena tour. saw them back in feb for their secret show after announcing they were back from hiatus. love them.
Thanks, I feel better! I'm really excited to see them in Miami Beach. It's gonna be fun. First time seeing them live. I can't tell you how much I love their new album. Totally caught me off guard, how great it is.

Darlene
shows? 90 so far...

User avatar
valderie
Posts: 319
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:58 am
Location: new york city

Re: Non-Frank Gigs

Post by valderie » Sat May 04, 2013 3:05 am

darlenet. wrote:
valderie wrote: ive been a Fall Out Boy fan for years and their crowds have never been like All Time Low fans THANK GOD (at least thats how it has always been in NYC). you shouldn't have anything to worry about.
that being said I'm seeing FOB twice at the end of the month and again in September on their arena tour. saw them back in feb for their secret show after announcing they were back from hiatus. love them.
Thanks, I feel better! I'm really excited to see them in Miami Beach. It's gonna be fun. First time seeing them live. I can't tell you how much I love their new album. Totally caught me off guard, how great it is.

Darlene
i was actually expecting to hate the new album but have had it on repeat for weeks now. i really love their track with elton john

User avatar
marky mark
Posts: 805
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:04 pm
Location: Somerset
Contact:

Re: Non-Frank Gigs

Post by marky mark » Sun May 05, 2013 10:14 pm

Bella wrote: I saw them at the Croft, Bristol - just found out, like the next day, that the Croft is closing as a venue - WTF?
Sad times. One of my favourite venues in Bristol.

And the Bull & Gate has just closed in London and is set to become a Young's gastropub. Urgh.

drinkthesunshinezine
Posts: 163
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:11 pm

Re: Non-Frank Gigs

Post by drinkthesunshinezine » Mon May 06, 2013 7:43 pm

marky mark wrote:
Bella wrote: I saw them at the Croft, Bristol - just found out, like the next day, that the Croft is closing as a venue - WTF?
Sad times. One of my favourite venues in Bristol.

And the Bull & Gate has just closed in London and is set to become a Young's gastropub. Urgh.
The Croft is essentially moving to The Exchange, so it won't impact gigs as far as I'm aware.
Behind The Scene Gloucestershire - a free monthly online music fanzine http://issuu.com/gloszine

User avatar
LoveStreet
Posts: 119
Joined: Sat May 04, 2013 5:06 am
Location: Troy, NY

Re: Non-Frank Gigs

Post by LoveStreet » Tue May 07, 2013 2:27 pm

Going to NYC for Lord Huron in June.
(But our beginnings never know our ends!)

moomin
Posts: 493
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:05 pm

Re: Non-Frank Gigs

Post by moomin » Wed May 08, 2013 12:18 am

just back from Rocky Votolato with a little guest appearance from Emily Barker which was pretty special
support was pretty awesome to in the form of Mo Kenny who really needs checking out
she has a couple of shows in London and Ireland like right now

User avatar
LoveStreet
Posts: 119
Joined: Sat May 04, 2013 5:06 am
Location: Troy, NY

Re: Non-Frank Gigs

Post by LoveStreet » Wed May 08, 2013 9:26 pm

moomin wrote:just back from Rocky Votolato with a little guest appearance from Emily Barker which was pretty special
support was pretty awesome to in the form of Mo Kenny who really needs checking out
she has a couple of shows in London and Ireland like right now
Love Rocky Votolato!
(But our beginnings never know our ends!)

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 2 guests