OneThirtyEight Records

A place for your creative output - music, photos, videos, poetry, whatever

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

Evan

OneThirtyEight Records

Post by Evan » Sat Mar 07, 2015 4:37 pm

Some of you may remember I was planning on starting a record store online. Well, I have done it. Hooray for me!

Currently I am in a soft launch type phase, wherein stock levels are low, and I am only shipping to the UK while I iron out the bugs. Baby steps...

Anyway, you can visit the store here: http://onethirtyeightrecords.co.uk/

It's Bob Dylan Week (until tomorrow). All Dylan records are at least £1 off.

Free postage on all orders over £10.
Beverley, Birmingham, Blackheath, Boston, Cheltenham, Dublin, Donington, Guildford, Hatfield, Hoboken, Knebworth, Latitude, Leamington Spa, London, Manchester, New York, Nottingham, Oxford, Reading, Sayreville, Sheffield, Southend, Wembley, Wolverhampton.

blastman

Re: OneThirtyEight Records

Post by blastman » Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:54 am

Good luck with the venture, Evan, I'll be back for Turner week (hopefully you'll be shipping abroad by then).

Evan

Post by Evan » Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:04 pm

blastman wrote:Good luck with the venture, Evan, I'll be back for Turner week (hopefully you'll be shipping abroad by then).
I need Turner Week stock first, because I am not selling my own collection.

International shipping is probably a couple of months away. If mistakes are to be made (which undoubtedly they will be with a new venture) then I would rather make them on a smaller scale (if that makes sense).
Beverley, Birmingham, Blackheath, Boston, Cheltenham, Dublin, Donington, Guildford, Hatfield, Hoboken, Knebworth, Latitude, Leamington Spa, London, Manchester, New York, Nottingham, Oxford, Reading, Sayreville, Sheffield, Southend, Wembley, Wolverhampton.

CCSBC56

Post by CCSBC56 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:11 pm

Website looks good! Maybe have a new sub heading - Top picks, Best seller etc. and maybe a section to new cheap stuff to listen to where people can buy new records they haven't heard before and have a youtube link to one of their songs so people can check out new music? Just an idea.

Good luck to you, I hope to set up my own business when i'm older and i admire your courage.

Evan

Post by Evan » Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:36 am

Although strictly speaking, I do not entirely agree with Record Store Day, it seemed churlish not to acknowledge it.

With this in mind, EVERYTHING is on sale until Sunday evening. Free postage on all orders over £10. http://onethirtyeightrecords.co.uk/

(I will be adding further stock throughout the day)

Gleena

Post by Gleena » Fri May 08, 2015 3:51 am

Hi Evan,

Are you any closer to shipping overseas? There's a couple of things you list that I want.

Cheers,
Mel
Yank at large, hiding in London
https://twitter.com/Gleena
Shows: 32 in five countries and on the ocean.

Evan

Post by Evan » Fri May 08, 2015 11:10 am

Gleena wrote:Hi Evan,

Are you any closer to shipping overseas? There's a couple of things you list that I want.

Cheers,
Mel

Not really. Development plans are on hold for a number of reasons that I probably won't list here, but if you Drop me an email and we can sort something out: onethirtyeightrecords (at) gmail.com

Gleena

Post by Gleena » Sun May 10, 2015 9:00 am

Thanks Evan, I'll put a little list together and drop you a line this week.

(Note: I'm used to paying more for postage than I do for the actual item. I'm resigned to this.)
Yank at large, hiding in London
https://twitter.com/Gleena
Shows: 32 in five countries and on the ocean.