singing and accents

A place for your creative output - music, photos, videos, poetry, whatever

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

trogette

singing and accents

Post by trogette » Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:27 pm

Was singing along to Eulogy last night, and the rest of EKMB, and usually I find myself drifting into the accent of the singer I'm listening to, or going 'choral' as I'm in a Gilbert and Sullivan society, but last night I went completely Yorkshire with it. I don't know why! I think the spirit of Eulogy fits really well with the accent though... (not quite Arctic Monkeys, but not far off, as I live about 40 minutes from Sheffield...)

Scouse

Re: singing and accents

Post by Scouse » Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:13 am

Ah well never mind I am sure you can get some help and medication to help with this........ :D

Alex Pearson

Re: singing and accents

Post by Alex Pearson » Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:21 pm

I think where possible its best to sing in your natural accent, in my opinion its the most honest way of doing it.... ......Having said that when I first started singing everything I sang sounded like I was American, had to force my self to stop doing it (with mixed results for a while). My pet hate these days are British singers who inexplicably sound like they were Born in the USA (hey, how did Springsteen slip in here!?)

Also, a Yorkshire accent is an excellent accent to sing in, I mean, I'm from Yorkshire so there no way I could be biased about this right?