I Tried This at Home (and Probably Failed at It!)

A place for your creative output - music, photos, videos, poetry, whatever

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

Granty2k12

I Tried This at Home (and Probably Failed at It!)

Post by Granty2k12 » Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:28 pm

I tried this crazy singing/playing malarky live. It was terrifying. But I loved it ha ha.

I covered Matt Healy's 102 (badly - I messed up almost every line and missed he mic a lot and messed up the guitar quite a bit xD)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioxDkvnD4hA

My very own song named Untitled (it isn't untitled, it's called Untitled.. big difference :P and it makes sense if you listen to the lyrics and the general 'narrative' of the song)
NOTE: The plagiarism was not deliberate. It was purely accidental, but I think (HOPE) it's different enough to warrant not having to change it, because I like how it is now.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYcYkC_mKMg

I saved the best for last. A pretty terrible cover (but with sweet guitar tone, thanks to the sound guy) of Frank - Hold Your Tongue. Messed up here and there, but overall I don't think it was too bad.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uTVv21dkpU

ANY and ALL feedback is appreciated.

P.S. Ignore the stupid faces I pull. And my stupid face. And generally everything about me other than the music. Just imagine I'm a Gorgon; you'll turn to stone if you look at me :')

Danlechief

Re: I Tried This at Home (and Probably Failed at It!)

Post by Danlechief » Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:37 pm

I've been playing hold your tongue for years. Yours sounds a lot nicer than mine. A lot. Voice is good too.
"Age is no object if you're in love.

Oh shit what have I just said?"

frank turner, Birmingham, 18th November 2015

Granty2k12

Re: I Tried This at Home (and Probably Failed at It!)

Post by Granty2k12 » Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:25 pm

Thanks, man. It means a lot. I was absolutely petrified, but it was soo much fun.

I SHOULD be doing another one on Tuesday. Possible contenders for songs at the minute are 'Wherefore Art Thou, Gene Simmons?', 'A Decent Cup of Tea' or 'Undeveloped Film' by Frank (duh!). 'JJ Abrams', 'Oh My Days' or 'A Shower of Bastards' by the great Ben Marwood. An original song again (if I feel it's strong enough) called Those Two Most Terrible Words, 'A Little Seasick'/'Doubt' by Ruby Day or a cover of a friend's (Dean Hutchinson -- look him up on YouTube, he doesn't have the greatest voice, or play amazingly well or anything but he writes with conviction and passion and his song 'Dancing with Men' is one of my favourite songs of all time: absolutely heart-breaking) song 'Separate Ways'.

If I go through with it I'll post the videos here again!

If you have any videos/audio of yourself I'd love to see/hear them! :D