Piano Things

A place for your creative output - music, photos, videos, poetry, whatever

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

Gleena

Piano Things

Post by Gleena » Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:34 am

As mentioned, my gorgeous friend and his husband are moving back to the UK.

I have a shiny newish, full sized keyboard with weighted keys now! It's ace! It came with a massive nice headset and everything. I'm really very excited, and trying to think of a name for it.

I...haven't touched one in more than 20 years.

As per the guitar thread, are there any good teaching websites out there someone would recommend? I have a tablet, maybe an app? App doesn't have to be free.

I've been playing the scales I remember (C, G, F) but now my hands are kind of hurty so I stopped for today.

Would seriously love any recommends you can give me. I'll never be Matt Nassir or anything, but I seriously want to have fun with this thing. :)
Yank at large, hiding in London
https://twitter.com/Gleena
Shows: 32 in five countries and on the ocean.

Venomous_Bear

Re: Piano Things

Post by Venomous_Bear » Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:28 am

Ahhhh! I'm so happy you are all pianoish now!

Actually, the thing I would recommend is Garage Band. There is this nifty arpeggionator that's quite helpful in terms of finding out what sounds right. I have been dicking around a LOT with GB. It's not the BEST for a lot of things (i.e. recording vocals and not sounding nasaly), but it's so fun for piano.

Eeeee have fun!
Toronto (x3), Hatfield, Derry, London (x2), Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Saskatoon, Winnipeg, Detroit, Buffalo, Boston (x4), Ottawa, Fake London, Nottingham, Manchester, Portsmouth