Photosynthesis with a Twist

A place for your creative output - music, photos, videos, poetry, whatever

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

Venomous_Bear

Re: Photosynthesis with a Twist

Post by Venomous_Bear » Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:35 pm

Well thanks so much! I just... It was over email, but... I don't know if it's annoying to him or not. I mean, I know he encourages trying things at home, but I don't know if fiddling around with his own stuff is what he had in mind. So I'm out in that regard after this, but obviously can't speak for anyone else! Go forth and sing whatever! :):)
Toronto (x3), Hatfield, Derry, London (x2), Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Saskatoon, Winnipeg, Detroit, Buffalo, Boston (x4), Ottawa, Fake London, Nottingham, Manchester, Portsmouth

Craven

Post by Craven » Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:11 pm

Loved your song.

I've had the idea of messing with the lyrics of a certain Frank song for a few months now and was planning to during the summer holidays, but seeing as I've done next to nothing that I was going to do this holiday and that I'm back in school on Monday with a prep work and a shit* load load of marking stil to do its gonna have to wait a while. It would also help if I had a creative bone in my body.

* When I say shit load I mean this: http://www.reactiongifs.us/wp-content/u ... f_shit.gif
683 727 909 1081 1082 1139 1216 1258 1289 1381 1442 1522 1539 1585 1611 1615 1681 1720 1790 1889 1955

sarahg

Post by sarahg » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:23 pm

As just found this, it is brilliant, love the voice too.

Venomous_Bear

Post by Venomous_Bear » Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:54 am

Thank you so much! :) my wee little heart is all bursty!
Toronto (x3), Hatfield, Derry, London (x2), Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Saskatoon, Winnipeg, Detroit, Buffalo, Boston (x4), Ottawa, Fake London, Nottingham, Manchester, Portsmouth

IGaveMyEyesToStevieWonder

Post by IGaveMyEyesToStevieWonder » Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:30 pm

Venomous_Bear wrote:I AM STILL IN HATFIELD AT THE RAMADA AND PEOPLE ARE GETTING CONCERNED BECAUSE I AM YELLING!!!
This is just too much...I got to meet Beans on Toast out of the blue last night {NOTE: it was not Beans on Toast, and there is a pending investigation, as Jay was in Camden, so why the fuck someone would claim to be him is beyond me}, and then these messages... thank you so much for following and for the encouragement! Frank opened up the creative pipes, but you guys started the fire with this. I have some time off when I get home, and this is pretty much all I'm going to do (haha with my own songs, I think I've messed with Frank's enough)

And then there's this other part, which...
marowak wrote:
IGaveMyEyesToStevieWonder wrote:You have a really cute and delicate voice
Ever since hearing this I have been thinking about getting you to do vocals on an ATP track ... may be a year away - but if you are up for it ;)
YES <--------------------------- in all of the languages, with all of the enthusiasm!!! Thank you so much!!
Really glad we helped push you, because you're quite unique. If you released your own music like this, I'd definitely listen to it! Also glad my opinion could spark something like that. I think your voice would suit the sound of ATP really well.
I have a demo up on there if you want to return the favour too. That would be brill ;)

Venomous_Bear

Post by Venomous_Bear » Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:37 am

IGaveMyEyesToStevieWonder wrote:
Really glad we helped push you, because you're quite unique. If you released your own music like this, I'd definitely listen to it! Also glad my opinion could spark something like that. I think your voice would suit the sound of ATP really well.
I have a demo up on there if you want to return the favour too. That would be brill ;)
So I took some time...and I'm sorry about that, but I wanted to LISTEN, and it's been really rather hectic these last few days, and people keep sending me things to listen to...

BUT I JUST DID. Good sir, people aren't allowed to cover the White Stripes in my opinion. Except...then you did and it made my heart so happy!! Great job :)

And then I listened to "This Sinking Ship"...sir, fantastic work. I love the imagery, I love the guitar...but I was so sad when it ended, because it felt really abrupt. Can it not end so fast?
The other thing I'd say - this is the problem I'm having right now. When I sing anything that I've written, I sing a lot quieter, because I'm not really sure if it's ok or not. I kind of got the idea you did the same thing, because the contrast in the volume/confidence with which you sing the covers and your original is significant. I hope you get what I mean...the same thing happened to me with adding my own lyrics to Frank's song. I was really scared. Be confident, because your voice is great!

Also, you kick ass at ze ukelele. Thanks so much for your kind words, and for sharing! Yay for follow-buddies :)

Gleena

Post by Gleena » Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:01 am

Venomous_Bear wrote: So I took some time...and I'm sorry about that, but I wanted to LISTEN, and it's been really rather hectic these last few days, and people keep sending me things to listen to...
That's me, then. Sorry. :)
Yank at large, hiding in London
https://twitter.com/Gleena
Shows: 32 in five countries and on the ocean.

Venomous_Bear

Post by Venomous_Bear » Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:06 am

Gleena wrote:
Venomous_Bear wrote: So I took some time...and I'm sorry about that, but I wanted to LISTEN, and it's been really rather hectic these last few days, and people keep sending me things to listen to...
That's me, then. Sorry. :)
Hahahaha don't even worry, you were one sender in a googolplex of others. I am not even a quarter of the way done. :/

I like it this way, it's just... I wanna listen to things and form an actual opinion, not just carry on through the list.