This Sinking Ship (Demo)

A place for your creative output - music, photos, videos, poetry, whatever

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

IGaveMyEyesToStevieWonder

This Sinking Ship (Demo)

Post by IGaveMyEyesToStevieWonder » Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:50 am

Just finished recording a demo called "This Sinking Ship" with my friend Will (Rhythm/Lead guitar). Just wondering if you guys could give me some feedback. It's my first shot at making anything musical, so It's not going to be great, but please be honest! I hope to make this into a full time project with Will and possibly release a five-track EP - That's my goal anyway.

I sent it to Frank and he thought it was cool, but as he said "Alas, I am not a critic", so I thought I'd run it by you guys too!

(Listen here:
https://soundcloud.com/jamiestevensmusi ... -ship-demo)

Cheers!

Jamie

mrdh

Re: This Sinking Ship (Demo)

Post by mrdh » Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:07 pm

IGaveMyEyesToStevieWonder wrote:Just finished recording a demo called "This Sinking Ship" with my friend Will (Rhythm/Lead guitar). Just wondering if you guys could give me some feedback. It's my first shot at making anything musical, so It's not going to be great, but please be honest! I hope to make this into a full time project with Will and possibly release a five-track EP - That's my goal anyway.

I sent it to Frank and he thought it was cool, but as he said "Alas, I am not a critic", so I thought I'd run it by you guys too!

(Listen here:
https://soundcloud.com/jamiestevensmusi ... -ship-demo)

Cheers!

Jamie
Not a bad effort - pretty good for a first effort to be honest.

To me you sometimes seem to try to squash a few too many words into too small a space at times. But that might be my age as my son does the same. (I have mentioned this to him as well)

IGaveMyEyesToStevieWonder

Re: This Sinking Ship (Demo)

Post by IGaveMyEyesToStevieWonder » Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:02 pm

Maybe it is, but I'll have a listen and try and iron it out. This is just a demo. Once my mate Will gets back off holiday, I'll get it recorded for real. Cheers for the comment :)