Tattoo photos

A place for your creative output - music, photos, videos, poetry, whatever

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

darlenet.

Tattoo photos

Post by darlenet. » Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:16 pm

Would people like sharing pictures of their tattoos (FT inspired or otherwise)? And if so, is this the proper place? I recently got my first (yup, more to come), and love looking at photos of them?

Darlene
shows? 70 so far

ilovechocolate

Re: Tattoo photos

Post by ilovechocolate » Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:33 pm

I feel like this belongs in General but I love tattoos and swapping stories with people! I got two when I was 18 and nothing has called to me ever since, which really bums me out. What is yours?

darlenet.

Post by darlenet. » Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:09 pm

I'm a late-comer to tattoos. I've always been ambivalent, while admiring the artistry, but never desiring any of my own. But then, I listened to Frank describe the meaning of some of his, and as I was around more people with tattoos, I made my decision that this is an awesome form of expression. To me, the first had to be special, hence my twin children's names on my visible forearm. However, I'm already planning the next one(s)!

http://i1333.photobucket.com/albums/w62 ... c950de.jpg

I also love hearing people's stories about their tattoos.

darlene
shows? 70 so far

Bella

Post by Bella » Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:07 am

I can't get tattooed - allergic to too much

Probably good though, I might be completely covered otherwise :-)

Love to see other people's though & only recently regained enough personal self confidence to start asking people about theirs. Years ago (pre digital camera) i used to ask if people would let me take a photo of ones I liked - only just got back to starting to do that again. Seen some great ones at Frank's gigs :-)

would love to see some on here, and would love to hear any stories that go with them.

Bella
x
1084 Kilkenny, 1088 Dublin, 1139 Newport, 1255 Frome, 1301 Southampton, 1303 Bath, 1307 Cork, 1308 Galway, 1310 Dublin, 1324 Dublin. Manchester, Leeds, Bristol, Birmingham, Southampton, 2000 Trees Cave, 2000 Trees Main Stage...many...lots

ilovechocolate

Post by ilovechocolate » Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:50 am

Nice! OK I'll share mine.

My first tattoo was a Bouncing Souls line that I still see sometimes as a necessary reminder to myself: http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y164/l ... ttoo-1.png

The other was the Energizer Bunny (from the battery commercials haha), but with a guitar instead of a drum because I play guitar and I like guitar. I guess I just found it inspiring how he keeps "going and going and going and going" on one set of batteries and I like to believe I can do that too: http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y164/l ... tattoo.jpg

ok now I feel really cheesy haha

darlenet.

Post by darlenet. » Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:54 am

ilovechocolate wrote:ok now I feel really cheesy haha
Not at all. I love this. I have always found that Bouncing Souls song haunting. And, the bunny is adorable. With his busy schedule, sometimes I think of Frank that way. Thanks for sharing.
Bella wrote:I can't get tattooed - allergic to too much
Oh, I couldn't imagine how miserable it would be to have an allergic reaction. The "normal" itching was bad enough!
shows? 70 so far

SB

Post by SB » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:24 am

Ok, so I have some Frank lyrics on one forearm... I got this when my best friend was diagnosed with terminal cancer. We obviously hoped beyond hope the impossible would happen:

Then, I got this on my other forearm. It's a line from one of my favourite poem, The Summer Day by Mary Oliver:

(And I love that the T looks like a heart to me!)

Then, after the friend I mentioned ^^ passed away, I had this tattoo in memory of her. Saudade is a Portuguese word and means "the love that remains once someone has passed away that means they live on." I just love the word, and there's no English word that means the same thing. The bird is because Lis had the lyrics from Blackbird by The Beatles tattooed on her forearm:

I really want a poppy (but no colour in it) tattooed on my outer forearm. So that's next!

My tattoos are the story of my life, and I love them.

Pete

Post by Pete » Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:11 pm

Think that last one especially is really nice.

Going to venture in to domain of tattoos at some point soon.
frank wrote:Think of it like weight-lifting. High notes are heavy weights.

marowak

Post by marowak » Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:17 pm

the trouble with tattoos is you want more and more - and for me - i just simply cant afford them ... they are a rare treat
06 06.3 08.8
07 04.4 11.5 17.5 08.6 10.11
08 28.3 21.04 13.6 06.7 06.9
09 11.1 06.2 21.4 10.10 29.10
10 23.3 16.7 12.12
11 12.2 12.5 30.5 27.11
12 13.4 28.11 28.12x2
13 10.1 24.6 11.7 12.7
14 12.2 13.2 14.9 17.12
15 29.1 02.2 13.8 7.11
16 10.12 12.12

moomin

Post by moomin » Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:37 pm

can't find a picture online of mine but its the feather from the Goddess' Ma'at's headdress

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maat

I love Ancient History so wanted something to reflect that, also wanted something which was permanent in my life hence why I wanted a tattoo
What Ma'at stands for in the Ancient Egyptian beliefs played a huge part in the decision along with her being associated with Thoth. The feather is often called the feather of truth and I really wanted a statement of what I believe in and to remind me to be true and just to myself along with working to being truthful and fair on the outside. So for something which is quite small and often gets confused with a comb it has a pretty big significance to me.

Also really love that I can still feel the ridges in it on a hot day
I will be getting another one as soon as I can.

ilovechocolate

Post by ilovechocolate » Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:11 am

SB wrote: Then, after the friend I mentioned ^^ passed away, I had this tattoo in memory of her. Saudade is a Portuguese word and means "the love that remains once someone has passed away that means they live on." I just love the word, and there's no English word that means the same thing. The bird is because Lis had the lyrics from Blackbird by The Beatles tattooed on her forearm.
I really like that. I love finding really meaningful words in other languages that have no English equivalent.
darlenet. wrote:
ilovechocolate wrote:ok now I feel really cheesy haha
Not at all. I love this. I have always found that Bouncing Souls song haunting. And, the bunny is adorable. With his busy schedule, sometimes I think of Frank that way. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks. Yeah, I like the song now, but it was my life when I was 17! And yeah, over time many great musicians have reminded me of the bunny on my torso haha. (well it's only been like 4.5 years but I have admired a lot of people in that time frame)

Also I really want my next tattoo to be a line of music notation on my wrist. But it's like... what possible line is good enough for that? And I can't think of one so I haven't done it yet.

darlenet.

Post by darlenet. » Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:41 am

SB wrote:My tattoos are the story of my life, and I love them.
They're lovely, thanks for generously sharing.
shows? 70 so far

Bella

Post by Bella » Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:16 pm

darlenet. wrote:
Bella wrote:I can't get tattooed - allergic to too much
Oh, I couldn't imagine how miserable it would be to have an allergic reaction. The "normal" itching was bad enough!

yeah - the problem is that its not like if I had a reaction I can just wash it off, like I can for pollen or dog saliva.. for example. There was a dog at the last B&B I stayed with and even washing straight away the rash lasted for a good 2 hours and I also had to take my inhaler, even after the dog was long gone. So no tattooist will ever tattoo me.

The silver lining - I can look at (and photograph?) other peoples :-)

Saw some wonderful ones at the last Frank gig, and New Model Army gigs always have some amazing ink on display :-) Thanks to all the people who have let me take photos for my collection :-)

Bella
x
1084 Kilkenny, 1088 Dublin, 1139 Newport, 1255 Frome, 1301 Southampton, 1303 Bath, 1307 Cork, 1308 Galway, 1310 Dublin, 1324 Dublin. Manchester, Leeds, Bristol, Birmingham, Southampton, 2000 Trees Cave, 2000 Trees Main Stage...many...lots

Gleena

Post by Gleena » Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:41 am

I'm planning my first one (at 44!). I finish law school next year and I'm getting a very badass lady Justice with her sword, blindfold and scales as a grad present. I'm obsessively looking at drawings.

When I have my back surgery in a few years (long story) I plan to cover the massive scars with pretty flowers and vines.
Yank at large, hiding in London
https://twitter.com/Gleena
Shows: 32 in five countries and on the ocean.