I tried this at home

A place for your creative output - music, photos, videos, poetry, whatever

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

lareinedeslames

Re: I tried this at home

Post by lareinedeslames » Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:47 am

In light of my New Year's Resolution to actually do something with my music other than just playing it in my room and occasionally for my friends, I thought I'd post here.

I've only got two songs recorded (years ago) so far, but I am slowly accumulating enough of the right gear to record demos at home. Check it out, I guess: https://soundcloud.com/verlanverlaine

BigEgg

Post by BigEgg » Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:58 pm

Hey guys, my band Termite have just put out a new demo, feedback would be very much appreciated:

https://soundcloud.com/termite-uk/each-tick-a-tock

Here's our bio for a rough idea of what we're like:

"Described by one reviewer as ‘disgustingly contagious’, Termite are a Neo-Psychedelic 4 piece based in Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, taking influences from modern psychedelic contemporaries such as Pond, Tame Impala, Syd Arthur and Melody’s Echo Chamber, along with classic progressive and psychedelia acts including King Crimson, Caravan, Soft Machine, 13th Floor Elevators and Can. These influences combine to produce groove based, textural songs that can switch from jazzy, polyrhythmic noodlings to fuzz-drenched freak-outs and everything in between"
Lets not settle for satisfaction, we are women and men of action.

OwenPaine

Post by OwenPaine » Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:36 am

Hey so I'm an American Frank Turner fan and have been inspired by him and a other folk singers ranging from Dylan to Leadbelly to start making my own folk music. I've been doing the Open Mic/Busking thing as much as I can and I'm currently trying to get some gigs lined up (I'm actually trying to open for Beans on Toast when he tours America this March).

Anyway, I'd love it if some fellow fans of the Folk Music could give me a listen and tell me what you think www.reverbnation.com/brendanmetz