I tried this at home

A place for your creative output - music, photos, videos, poetry, whatever

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

Rose

Post by Rose » Fri May 14, 2010 3:56 am

aza484 wrote:What do you think of the other tracks (the ones on my soundclick)?
I have not had a chance to visit your link yet. I'm away from home for a couple days and I'm only able to access the internet through my phone. I listened to your Paramore track on your Myspace page the other night. I did like that a lot. :)

aza484

Post by aza484 » Fri May 14, 2010 6:46 pm

Rose wrote:
I have not had a chance to visit your link yet. I'm away from home for a couple days and I'm only able to access the internet through my phone. I listened to your Paramore track on your Myspace page the other night. I did like that a lot. :)
Aah I see, actually that version is an old one. The one on the soundclick is from the recording session I did false start in, whereas the one on my myspace i did with freeware in my bedroom, haha.

Rose

Post by Rose » Sat May 15, 2010 3:38 am

aza484 wrote:
Rose wrote:
Aah I see, actually that version is an old one. The one on the soundclick is from the recording session I did false start in, whereas the one on my myspace i did with freeware in my bedroom, haha.
As soon as I'm home I'll check out the new and improved version!

Rose

Post by Rose » Sat May 15, 2010 3:54 am

WTF Arran?! You have a wonderful voice. You have a lot of control over your voice that most people that can sing DO NOT have. I'm talking other people who have concept of pitch and tempo and blah blah blah. Not everyone can switch from one octave to an octave lower with that kind of control (I am listening to "The Only Exception"). Holy fuck, you even have natural vibrato?? Are you kidding me?!

My cousin let me use her computer for a minute (God help me, I've had a *bit* of wine tonight). I may be being a bit more candid than usual. But I hate you for not taking this more seriously. You have a lot more talent than you let on (maybe that's modesty, but dammit, you need some fucking confidence!!).

It may be a cover, but I think you have the musical talent to pull this off...

My aunt and my cousin agree with me, so screw you if you disagree!!!

aza484

Post by aza484 » Sat May 15, 2010 10:07 am

Rose wrote:WTF Arran?! You have a wonderful voice. You have a lot of control over your voice that most people that can sing DO NOT have. I'm talking other people who have concept of pitch and tempo and blah blah blah. Not everyone can switch from one octave to an octave lower with that kind of control (I am listening to "The Only Exception"). Holy fuck, you even have natural vibrato?? Are you kidding me?!

My cousin let me use her computer for a minute (God help me, I've had a *bit* of wine tonight). I may be being a bit more candid than usual. But I hate you for not taking this more seriously. You have a lot more talent than you let on (maybe that's modesty, but dammit, you need some fucking confidence!!).

I don't really know what to say... :)

benwalton

Post by benwalton » Sat May 15, 2010 11:00 pm

www.myspace.com/napoleonsindrome

Acoustic rock shit i guess.

I dunno, check it out, see what you think, love it, tear it to pieces, be my guest(s) :)

teamescape

Post by teamescape » Sun May 16, 2010 8:03 pm

Rose wrote:WTF Arran?! You have a wonderful voice. You have a lot of control over your voice that most people that can sing DO NOT have. I'm talking other people who have concept of pitch and tempo and blah blah blah. Not everyone can switch from one octave to an octave lower with that kind of control (I am listening to "The Only Exception"). Holy fuck, you even have natural vibrato?? Are you kidding me?!

I'm not sure if you realise just how creepy you're sound.
Stu

Rose

Post by Rose » Sun May 16, 2010 8:47 pm

I'm well aware of the fact that I shouldn't touch a computer when I've been drinking.

I am pretty ridiculous.

Rose

Post by Rose » Sun May 16, 2010 9:26 pm

benwalton wrote:www.myspace.com/napoleonsindrome

Acoustic rock shit i guess.

I dunno, check it out, see what you think, love it, tear it to pieces, be my guest(s) :)
Moving back towards music talk, lol

I liked this. Is Billy Corgan a big influence for you? I can hear it a little bit, but not in a bad way. I kind of wish the recording quality was a bit better, but I'm not sure how much you can do about that. Overall, good stuff! :)

benwalton

Post by benwalton » Sun May 16, 2010 9:29 pm

Yeah, Billy Corgan is a pretty big influence, but so is a lot of other stuff...it kind of depends how i feel when i write a song. Thanks a lot for the input.

the main Billy Corgan thing is that he's doing this 'Teargarden by Kaleidyscope' thing, where he releases 44 tracks, only he's doing it really slowly, and none of the tracks are really worth much...this is kind of a reaction against that...which sounds kind of bitter and narcissistic but what the hell.

aza484

Post by aza484 » Sun May 16, 2010 9:55 pm

Rose wrote:I'm well aware of the fact that I shouldn't touch a computer when I've been drinking.

I am pretty ridiculous.
Hehe, well I appreciated what you were saying (and your aunt and cousin, apparently, lol), though I still don't agree! :P

benwalton

Post by benwalton » Sun May 16, 2010 10:02 pm

@aza484 - dude, you're pretty damn good. When you say midlands, how midlands are we talking?

aza484

Post by aza484 » Sun May 16, 2010 10:05 pm

benwalton wrote:@aza484 - dude, you're pretty damn good. When you say midlands, how midlands are we talking?
Cheers mate! :D

Well it was Kidderminster way, but I've since moved to London for my new job. Should update my profile actually!

benwalton

Post by benwalton » Sun May 16, 2010 10:07 pm

haha yeah! i was thinking we could maybe team up for some gigs. oh well :P

aza484

Post by aza484 » Sun May 16, 2010 10:11 pm

benwalton wrote:haha yeah! i was thinking we could maybe team up for some gigs. oh well :P
I would definitely have been up for that. Currently trying to start a band actually, its been too long since the last one (like, pre-uni, rather depressingly).

Where you hailing from?