I tried this at home

A place for your creative output - music, photos, videos, poetry, whatever

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

romain

I tried this at home

Post by romain » Thu May 06, 2010 8:18 pm

Hi everyone,

Here is a thread where (I hope) Franky's fans could post their own music and the others could throw them either bricks or flowers.

So I will go first, here is the second title I wrote it is called "Scarlett Johansson" and pretty much speaks about girls who do NOT look like her yet we love them anyway. Here is the link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7P4rrh3WVFA

I am looking forward to reading your thoughts, should they be kind, should they be crual. Thanks!
Also, I hope I will not be the only one to post his/her song(s). Make this thread yours and share your songs!

Cheers from France,

Romain.
581, 832, 1151, 1209, 1462.
https://soundcloud.com/theescapistband

Rose

Post by Rose » Fri May 07, 2010 3:44 am

I definitely like this. You have a very nice voice, and you seem to have a lot of talent and potential.

Minor criticism I have, and this is minuscule to the point you can ignore it if you want:

I had a hard time understanding some words you were singing, and that could be your accent, the recording, or it could be you need to work on your diction. Clear diction is really great when singing unknown songs (ie songs that you're writing and posting up on Youtube). I like to know exactly what you're telling me in your songs without resorting to printed lyrics at first.

I hope to hear more from you soon! :)

romain

Post by romain » Fri May 07, 2010 10:58 am

Hi Rose,

Thanks for the comment! :) Indeed I may need to work on my diction, but there are so many other things I need to work on at the same time.
There is another video I posted earlier on the same youtube account, however the singing is not that good: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqK4vhatrxY

Thanks again, and I am looking forward to people's comments or songs!

Romain.
581, 832, 1151, 1209, 1462.
https://soundcloud.com/theescapistband

greg

Post by greg » Fri May 07, 2010 11:38 pm

quite enjoyed that actually, you've got a decent voice. also struggled to hear quite a few of the words, i think that was more an issue with you not singing into a microphone more than anything else though.

one small criticism would be that at times it sounded like you were slipping into a pretend american accent. although i suppose if english isn't your first language, and you listen to a lot of music with american singers, that might be difficult to avoid

Nokotan

Post by Nokotan » Sat May 08, 2010 10:03 am

I too had trouble hearing what you were saying and agree with what the others were saying but it's a nice song keep it up. Perhaps you could put the lyrics in the info section?

I might throw one or two of mine in here when I get the chance to record them, problem is; I can't really sing and my songs tend to just be giving out about things in a not so subtle way so there's nothing clever about them at all. Lack of good guitar in them too and I'm awful at chorus' :P Sure I'll let ye decide.

I like this thread.

Rose

Post by Rose » Sat May 08, 2010 1:17 pm

Haha, Nok, now I want to hear how good your stuff is. I can only imagine it's phenomenal; you speak so highly of your abilities! ;)

Nokotan

Post by Nokotan » Sat May 08, 2010 2:32 pm

Rose wrote:Haha, Nok, now I want to hear how good your stuff is. I can only imagine it's phenomenal; you speak so highly of your abilities! ;)
I'm trying to find a good video hosting site a part from YouTube, don't want these to be found :P

kris

Post by kris » Sat May 08, 2010 3:14 pm

http://chaos-laboratory.com/2007/08/30/ ... ing-sites/

I actually really like that, i think you're voice is super, good sound reminds me of someone but can't think who...
had to listen to it a few times to hear all the words properly like was said...

this thread is super!!! I'd post something I tried at home but I'm not quite that cruel...

looking forward to seeing a bit more from you and others tho...

Krisx
don't like the cut of my jib? You don't even have jib, you jibless fucker!

Twitter

Norris

Post by Norris » Sun May 09, 2010 11:36 pm

That sounds super.

Blonde

Post by Blonde » Mon May 10, 2010 12:35 pm

Nokotan wrote:
Rose wrote:Haha, Nok, now I want to hear how good your stuff is. I can only imagine it's phenomenal; you speak so highly of your abilities! ;)
I'm trying to find a good video hosting site a part from YouTube, don't want these to be found :P
Have you tried vimeo?

thepriceofreality

Post by thepriceofreality » Mon May 10, 2010 5:32 pm

Blonde wrote:
Nokotan wrote:
Have you tried vimeo?
why does vimto taste of shit? I mean, it looks nice and purple flavoured, but tastes like shit.

Nokotan

Post by Nokotan » Tue May 11, 2010 12:07 pm

Blonde wrote:
Nokotan wrote:
Have you tried vimeo?
Doing exams at the moment so haven't really the time to record or put them up, finished on Thursday though so :)

Anyone else see the front page of the site? About Try This At Home

Evan

Post by Evan » Tue May 11, 2010 12:33 pm

Nokotan wrote: Anyone else see the front page of the site? About Try This At Home
It's a great competition

benwalton

Post by benwalton » Tue May 11, 2010 12:36 pm

sounds like a great idea, i just can't see anywhere to upload a song on the Xtramile site...

Evan

Post by Evan » Tue May 11, 2010 12:50 pm

Frank got in early. Check back after 2 I believe.