Thoughts about the 2015 concerts setlist

A place to discuss tabs, lyrics, and more

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

DTM11

Re: Thoughts about the 2015 concerts setlist

Post by DTM11 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:42 pm

marowak wrote:I'd rather like to see a show which has all 12? tracks off the new LP with some one stuff around the edges ... maybe no solo bit in the middle and just the band rocking out for 1.5hrs
I would be up for that. My favourite Iron Maiden gig was in 2006 when they played A Matter of Life and Death in full then a few hits at the end.

I'm guessing (from what Frank has played live) that the new album will probably clock in at 40-50 minutes long? so that would leave room for maybe another 10-12 tracks from the back catalogue.
1383, 1419, 1423, 1523, 1622, 1631, 1789, 1982, 1991, 1994, 2000

Evan

Post by Evan » Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:06 pm

DTM11 wrote: My favourite Iron Maiden gig was in 2006 when they played A Matter of Life and Death in full then a few hits at the end.

Really? I mean, the tank was great and all, but I found that show a bit of a snorefest. They didn't even alter the running order from the album, which I didn't think was all that brilliant to start with. They mixed it up a bit for the second leg of the tour which I saw at Donington, but it was still not brilliant (for me anyway).
Beverley, Birmingham, Blackheath, Boston, Cheltenham, Dublin, Donington, Guildford, Hatfield, Hoboken, Knebworth, Latitude, Leamington Spa, London, Manchester, New York, Nottingham, Oxford, Reading, Sayreville, Sheffield, Southend, Wembley, Wolverhampton.

MarsLlama

Post by MarsLlama » Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:52 pm

I think the big live songs from the new album will be Get Better, Out Of Breath, Love 40 Down and The Next Storm. So let's say I had to get rid of four songs. Hard but personally I'd go for Wessex Boy, The Way I Tend To Be, Peggy Sang The Blues and Substitute.

BUT I think the ones in most danger of going are Losing Days, Glory Hallelujah, Reasons Not To Be An Idiot and I Am Disappeared (Four songs I love). Existing songs I'd want back on the setlists include Back In The Day, Better Half, The Fastest Way Back Home, The Fisher King Blues, Live Fast Die Old, Oh Brother, Our Lady Of The Campfire and To Take You Home.
Not that I want all of these; just one or two.

In terms of songs being on rotation, I think Time Machine/We Shall Not Overcome is possible, as is Losing Days/The Way I Tend To Be. Ultimately I think I Am Disappeared and One Foot Before The Other will be rotated as well.

Sorry for the long post but I thought it made sense to say it all here.