Definitive Discography?

A place to discuss tabs, lyrics, and more

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

Spottyfriend

Definitive Discography?

Post by Spottyfriend » Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:04 pm

I'm pretty new here and I was wondering if there was a generally accepted discography of everything Frank has every released? There is the one on his website of course, but it doesn't mention the famous 'Reasons Not To Be An Idiot' single so that isn't complete.. And it doesn't detail each format of every release and number of vinyl/CDs produced and that type of thing.

I googled it before posting of course and found this for vinyl releases which is very detailed but can we confirm its completeness?
And is there a similar list for CDs?

This might be a terribly obvious question... But I'll ask it anyway.

Evan

Re: Definitive Discography?

Post by Evan » Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:09 pm

I did a vinyl discography up to a point, but it is out of date: https://gettinggaywithrecords.wordpress.com/
Beverley, Birmingham, Blackheath, Boston, Cheltenham, Dublin, Donington, Guildford, Hatfield, Hoboken, Knebworth, Latitude, Leamington Spa, London, Manchester, New York, Nottingham, Oxford, Reading, Sayreville, Sheffield, Southend, Wembley, Wolverhampton.

blastman

Post by blastman » Fri Jan 23, 2015 4:06 pm

Regarding that vinyl discography (not Evan's), it's not too far off complete but I can see one or two mistakes/omissions. For example, there are way more that 1000 copies of the Recovery burgundy 7". There was a suggestion that the number was 1500 but some copies have higher numbers than that again, including my own. There's also a black 7" vinyl version of Recovery which isn't mentioned.

Evan

Post by Evan » Fri Jan 23, 2015 4:54 pm

There are a few things wrong.

For instance, EKMB was released on green in the UK also, as it was a split release with Epitaph. I think it was said to be a Banquet retail exclusive, but I also think XMR were selling them too. But either way the numbers are publicly unconfirmed - and therefore 1000 is probably someone's guess. I have a feeling it was actually 2000 worldwide, and the I also remember that the black vinyl was a mystery to the XMR staff as they said to me they were all green.

Likewise, SIFTW UK black vinyl release is an unspecified number (XMR do not release pressing info), and I don't think it is as many as 1000. I would guess it was more like 500 as it was pressed for people who pledged. No one will tell me for certain though, but I would be extremely surprised if it was 1000.
Beverley, Birmingham, Blackheath, Boston, Cheltenham, Dublin, Donington, Guildford, Hatfield, Hoboken, Knebworth, Latitude, Leamington Spa, London, Manchester, New York, Nottingham, Oxford, Reading, Sayreville, Sheffield, Southend, Wembley, Wolverhampton.

user_namex

Post by user_namex » Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:29 pm

Spottyfriend wrote: I googled it before posting of course and found this for vinyl releases which is very detailed but can we confirm its completeness?
And is there a similar list for CDs?
Discogs is your friend - and it's editable if you join, so you can add that obscure artefact you have if it ain't there.

ten different versions of "Love, Ire and Song"? Who knew?

Evan

Post by Evan » Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:23 am

user_namex wrote:
ten different versions of "Love, Ire and Song"? Who knew?

Pretty sure I have all of them. And they don't seem to include the version repackaged with The First Three Years either.

I need a new hobby.

user_namex

Post by user_namex » Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:18 pm

Evan wrote:Pretty sure I have all of them. And they don't seem to include the version repackaged with The First Three Years either.
just the cardboard-sleeved digipack CD was enough for me - but then I'm not a completist or an überfan, frank will never get rich from people like me, haha
Evan wrote:I need a new hobby.
stick with it, there's a little bit of OCD in all us....