Möngöl Hörde

A place to discuss tabs, lyrics, and more

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

DavidPorges

Re: Möngöl Hörde

Post by DavidPorges » Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:14 am

skhmmxi wrote:
DavidPorges wrote:Does anyone else prefer some of the earlier vesions of the songs then the one on the album? I actually liked the version of Casual Threats that was on youtube better.
I think you might have just broken a world record in how fast you laid down scene points, there. I'm genuinely impressed.

Not only do you proclaim to like a song and then subsequently claim to prefer the older version only a few posts later IN THE SAME THREAD, you've actually managed to lay the foundations of the Shoreditch classic "I preferred the older stuff" slam in the week of release of the debut album.

I'm so thoroughly astonished at your accomplishment I think you deserve a standing ovation. You might well have a bright future ahead of you at Dazed and Confused magazine as a music feature writer. Best of luck.
Wow. Really? Fucking Really? I like the song , I liked the song in the previous version too. So in this forum which is supposed to be a discussion about music I can't say that I thought some of the lines in the older version were really fucking cool in delivery? I listened to the Demo Version so many times that isn't is normal that I would find the diffrences jarring at first? I like the new version as well , though my new favorite song of the album is Stuff To Refund Counter. I thought the whole point about being a Fan of Frank's is the sense of community and the abillity to be able to express your opinion. But I guess anything even remotely close to critique instantly makes me a scene kid and an asshole. This is one of the first "Real" Hardcore records I've ever listened and I quite enjoyed it. I don't prefer the old stuff , I like when stuff evolves. But I guess saying that I thought some of the lines in the early version felt really awesome in delivery and that I felt some of that rawness was lost in the new version instanly makes my opinion invalid and me as a hipster.

Should I say I like every frank song as well? Cause If I don't like The Ladies Of London Town I'm probably not a real fan. God Forbid I express my opinion which is supposed to be the whole point of a forum. Lets just have a circlejerk of people saying nothing but how amazing the record is. Did I say I thought the record sucked or I wish it sounded like the old one? No. I just said outloud what I felt about the song. I guess I shouldn't fucking say anything cause then you'll jump at the first chance to write a post mocking me trying to get yourself over and be funny. Which You were , But seriously , You just completely made me look like shit for no reason other then I expressed my opinion and made me a laughing stock. So thanks for that man , I really appreciate getting this much shit for saying I thought the record was ace but saying If anybody else noticed the changes in Casual Threats.

And I would never write in a Music Magazine because I don't feel knowledgeble enough to propely critique music. Of course my opinion doesn't count for shit since I'm just trying to earn scene points.

But You know what? I don't give a shit.You had a great post , I'll give you credit. I just feel bad that it had to be on my expense since I really wasn't trying to get scene points or saying WHY CANT IT BE LIKE THE OLD STUFF. I actually listened to the Frank Interview on Sharing Needles yesterday that touched on this very subject and agreed with him and the hosts that music should evolve I like the album alot , Staff to Refund Counter is great. I really like Weak Handshake as well. I know the lyrics are supposed to be over the top but Frank sings with such conviction that I feel like even though they are extreme they do evoke emotion in him. I think I like this over the Million Dead stuff , even though I didn't listen to alot of Million Dead. This album is actually really fitting to the way I've been feeling lately and its a joy to have a soundtrack to accompany those feelings. I completely rocked out in the street to Make Way at about 3AM last friday. Was great.

Matt and Ben did such a great job on the instrumental side of things Seriously Outstanding job
Last edited by DavidPorges on Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:35 am, edited 4 times in total.

Kirsty

Post by Kirsty » Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:20 am

Looking forward to the Manchester gig. Anyone else on here going?

Blonde

Post by Blonde » Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:02 pm

Someone can't take some gentle ribbing.

scottkeys

Post by scottkeys » Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:00 pm

Perhaps there should be a new section of the Forum labelled specifically for sarcasm...

DavidPorges

Post by DavidPorges » Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:46 pm

Blonde wrote:Someone can't take some gentle ribbing.
I'm actually an extremely cynical person but I'm going through alot of shit on the personal level right now so being made fun of because I said something on this place especially since I do think Frank evokes this sense of communtiy and positivity pissed me off. Whatever , I'm over it. The post was funny and I had a good laugh. Lets get back to discussing this incredible record please.

Pete

Post by Pete » Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:58 pm

DavidPorges wrote:I actually listened to the Frank Interview on Sharing Needles yesterday that touched on this very subject and agreed with him and the hosts that music should evolve I like the album alot , Staff to Refund Counter is great. I really like Weak Handshake as well. I know the lyrics are supposed to be over the top but Frank sings with such conviction that I feel like even though they are extreme they do evoke emotion in him. I think I like this over the Million Dead stuff , even though I didn't listen to alot of Million Dead. This album is actually really fitting to the way I've been feeling lately and its a joy to have a soundtrack to accompany those feelings. I completely rocked out in the street to Make Way at about 3AM last friday. Was great.

Matt and Ben did such a great job on the instrumental side of things Seriously Outstanding job
Circle-jerking kiss ass
frank wrote:Think of it like weight-lifting. High notes are heavy weights.

Blonde

Post by Blonde » Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:39 pm

Pete, you are just jealous that he beat you to the scene points.

DavidPorges

Post by DavidPorges » Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:41 pm

Blonde wrote:Pete, you are just jealous that he beat you to the scene points.
He has no chance to beat me. I'm way too scene for him. Just quit and save yourself the pain of failure

Blonde

Post by Blonde » Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:51 pm

DavidPorges wrote:
Blonde wrote:Pete, you are just jealous that he beat you to the scene points.
He has no chance to beat me. I'm way too scene for him. Just quit and save yourself the pain of failure
It's too late for Pete to save himself from failure.

Pete

Post by Pete » Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:46 pm

She's right - rule number one of posting here, never get cajoled into a forum meet with Blonde - once you become acquainted with failure, there is no escaping it.

Danlechief

Post by Danlechief » Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:49 pm

That escalated quickly....
"Age is no object if you're in love.

Oh shit what have I just said?"

frank turner, Birmingham, 18th November 2015

skhmmxi

Post by skhmmxi » Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:57 pm

Well, that was a fun ride.

So MH aren't frank, and vice versa. frank sings about lamentations on lost loves, absent friends, faraway places, and drinking. MH don't dwell on such slushy topics, as I'm sure you've heard on the album. So naturally if your topic matter is about MH, expect that same kind of abrasive attitude in response around here. I figured that was obvious after the whole "stop fucking asking questions" bit. It's not actually serious, I think you're aware you overreacted.

I suppose there was a kernel of unprofessional irritation in what I wrote, but the real point is this - you're watching a video posted online last summer, released by the band as a kind of taster to say "hey! check out what we're working on! Get excited about this, it's different from anything you expect and it's awesome!". You're then taking the song in that video and directly comparing it to a finished track complete with production, mixing, and no doubt changes to melody and lyrics in the intervening period. That's more than a little unfair. You didn't *have* to see the video from a year ago at all, consider it a treat that you got to do so.

In fact, frank is increasingly asking his fans not to film his new and work-in-progress songs at gigs precisely because they get posted online and exactly this sort of thing happens later. People look at a shakey phone video of a song from a year ago and then quiz frank "why did you change it? I liked it before" incessantly. The more you do it, the more frank gets annoyed at having to justify changing his own creations, and the less likely you are to get sneak previews of this kind of thing in future because of the hassle it causes. Even now frank has to preface playing new songs in a set with "please don't film this", and he has been known to personally contact people who post videos of unfinished or work-in-progress songs and has kindly asked them if they wouldn't mind removing them. The alternative is he just doesn't play them until they're ready. But wouldn't you rather hear them sooner? Don't you think frank wants to show you the songs and projects he's been working on without being held to account for changing his mind about it later? I think regardless of your opinion, most people would hope frank doesn't stop doing it.

You can hate on frank or MH and the songs all you want, you're welcome to an opinion, and I'm not having a go at you for that. The "Shoreditch" metaphor was just a slightly more fun way of highlighting the fact that you're staking your preference on a cut of the song released almost a year ago, which is just a tiny little bit insulting to the entire band and all the work they've put in since then.

Perhaps I should have just put a winkyface after my original rant to avoid all this nonsense in the first place. But...no. Just no.
218,278,284,419,500,533,558,617-620,710,718,970,980,1000,1143,1216,1303,1321,1384,1441,1464,1518,1527,1545,1595,1611,next:RAH 29/03

Pete

Post by Pete » Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:14 pm

I preferred that last post when you emailed it to us earlier, was shorter and far more brutal. Fucking sell out.

justdip

Post by justdip » Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:16 am

It was better when we just grunted at one another.

Watergirl

Post by Watergirl » Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:47 am

At this stage I wish I could have an opinion.
I am old-fashioned and would like to buy the CD in my local record shop. They keep telling me "it is out" and I reply, "I know that". Why aren't they getting it in?!! And why don't they understand 'Mongol as in Mongolia' ? The umlauts are hardly messing up their order….?
872 1064/84/87/88 1133/34/84/85 *1216* 1257/81/82 1307/08/09/10 1364 1444/45/46/63 1527/29/30/43/45 1621/22/23/97/98 *1700* 1704/82/84/85/86 1808/29/30/31/76/77 1958/77/97/99 *2000* 2076/87 2153/54 2174/75/76/77/78 2254/55 2339/40/41/42/43/55/58/76