Frank as a philosophy

A place to discuss tabs, lyrics, and more

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

Russ67

Frank as a philosophy

Post by Russ67 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:55 am

I have long been an admirer of the guy nicknamed Soupy from the US band The Wonder Years. You probably have to be between the ages of 13 and 23 to know of these guys first hand but luckily for me I have 2 of this demographic in my household. Anyway, if you know of them you will probably appreciate their awesomeness. Their most recent album The Greatest Generation has some lyrical and musical qualities of a similar vibe to Him and I suggested this to my 17 year old saying that Soupy has obviously been listening to Frank. He basically told me I was a twat and it was more like that he has also been inspired by Springsteen and others.

Well, imagine my surprise when I saw this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHB6JlN-9pw

Fucking teenagers, what do they know... but do yourself a favour and listen to Philly's finest.
Never let the things that go without saying remain unsaid

reitzel6570

Re: Frank as a philosophy

Post by reitzel6570 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:00 pm

Good to know. I've been trying to be a bit less obsessive and see some other bands, and some more local shows. Really local that is, not my usual definition of "anywhere within a 3.5 hours drive." Heh. So I have a ticket for The Wonder Years on March 5th at my local venue. I almost ditched it for Beans On Toast in NYC, but decided that 4 of his US headline shows was probably already pushing the obsessive thing.

Russ67

Post by Russ67 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:10 pm

haha, I know what you mean about the obsessive thing! You gotta go cold turkey man, it's the only way... but it's handy having a youngling around to get new music suggestions.

justdip

Post by justdip » Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:45 pm

I wouldn't say Frank Turner has a philosophy that's anything new, but it is a philosophy that often gets lost as an artist gets bigger. The Greatest Generation is an incredible album, maybe the best of 2013. The two before is are also brilliant.

Russ67

Post by Russ67 » Thu May 08, 2014 10:26 am

The Wonder Years playing tonight at the Scala, London. Get there if you can....