Amelie lied to me

A place to discuss tabs, lyrics, and more

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

waywardson

Amelie lied to me

Post by waywardson » Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:43 pm

Every time I hear Plain Sailing Weather I remember being in my crappy NYC apartment years ago, angrily ejecting Amelie from DVD player about halfway through the movie and screaming (at least inside my head) "Why do so many people love this insipid shit!!"

This from a guy who's OCD will almost never let him leave a book or movie unfinished because he just has to know how it ends, no matter how bad it is. Amelie was just that awful...

frank
Site Admin

Re: Amelie lied to me

Post by frank » Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:22 pm

Interesting take. Personally I actually love Amelie as a film, I just think it's totally unreal. Which might not even be a criticism - it's not like it's posed as gritty realism. Still. Love isn't like that at all, for anyone I know.
Shows? All of em.

"He's like an Uncle, I like him but I don't want to listen to him all day."

waywardson

Post by waywardson » Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:31 pm

Thanks for your take. I really really didn't get the movie at all. Which is just one more reason why I love the song.

Xandeero

Post by Xandeero » Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:54 pm

Absolutely loved this reference! Wrote pages and pages about Amelie and the rest of Jeunet's films for my French A Level coursework in what seems like a lifetime ago, with a good friend of mine who introduced me to your solo stuff with LI&S when I had previously been a huge MD fan, so for you to give a subtle nod to the film when we were convinced we were the only people in the English-speaking world to have seen it who weren't film critics was brilliant! Thank you Frank!