Can we all just take a moment...

A place to discuss tabs, lyrics, and more

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

Venomous_Bear

Can we all just take a moment...

Post by Venomous_Bear » Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:33 am

..and thank the internet gods and digital camera innovators for optimizing quality whilst reducing required capacity, thusly allowing us to easily record and post gloriousness? And thank Youtube for being the vehicle of said gloriousness (even though it's the bane of a performer's existence at times, in this case, it is only a showcase of sheer talent)? And the speaker, for providing a stable surface upon which to record? And Katie for posting?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... 3NVLqugJwU

There are other versions floating around, but this is the one that inspires the official declaration: better than the original.
Toronto (x3), Hatfield, Derry, London (x2), Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Saskatoon, Winnipeg, Detroit, Buffalo, Boston (x4), Ottawa, Fake London, Nottingham, Manchester, Portsmouth

justdip

Re: Can we all just take a moment...

Post by justdip » Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:17 am

It's a double-edged sword.

On one hand, yay live recordings of songs you haven't heard live.
On t'other, get that fucking camera phone out of my way and enjoy the gig, instead of recording every moment for prosperity.

Venomous_Bear

Post by Venomous_Bear » Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:58 pm

Agree wholeheartedly. I partake in all of the viewing, but none of the filming/taking pictures (mostly because it's not my strength anyway, I can't stay still for long enough!). Since I stopped, gig-attendance has become a much more enjoyable experience.I do so appreciate folks who make this sacrifice, including this speaker/monitor.
Toronto (x3), Hatfield, Derry, London (x2), Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Saskatoon, Winnipeg, Detroit, Buffalo, Boston (x4), Ottawa, Fake London, Nottingham, Manchester, Portsmouth

LoveStreet

Post by LoveStreet » Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:14 pm

I agree about recording at gigs....get that f'n iPhone outta my field of vision! On the other hand, I enjoy taking pictures at shows. Allows me to look back & relive all the fun I had that evening.
(But our beginnings never know our ends!)

ScarletPlanetMoon

Post by ScarletPlanetMoon » Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:17 pm

If I record at shows (rare) I make sure my phone is out of my own eyeline, in front of my chest, but still getting a decent picture. Then hopefully it doesn't disturb many people :)
I'm no good at thinking of something funny enough for these things.
http://www.hellyeahjlandtss.tumblr.com