Would anyone be interested in...? (Bootlegs n stuff)

A place to discuss tabs, lyrics, and more

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

Tommy

Post by Tommy » Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:48 pm

Hi all,

Over the past few years, I have found myself becoming a bit of a collector of Frank bootlegs, covers and all that kind of stuff. I was wondering that if there were any of you out there that would like me to compile and post a lift of what I have with the view to sharing it with you all?

I thought it would be cool if any others of you have great stuff, and were willing to share you could post your lists here too and we could get a sort of a 'Frank-File-Share' orgy going on?

I'm not sure what the rules are on this sort of thing, but I'd imagine as long as we don't start charging for it we should be fine?

Anyway hope to hear from some of ya soon, and if there enough interest I shall compile the list

All the best

inca

Re: Would anyone be interested in...? (Bootlegs n stuff)

Post by inca » Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:32 pm

I would be intrested but I have noting to share thats not already out there somwhere

marowak

Post by marowak » Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:55 am

historically frank has been happy for people to share (not sell) recordings of his sets.
i have a few on video i need to get into audio and will upload too.
06 06.3 08.8
07 04.4 11.5 17.5 08.6 10.11
08 28.3 21.04 13.6 06.7 06.9
09 11.1 06.2 21.4 10.10 29.10
10 23.3 16.7 12.12
11 12.2 12.5 30.5 27.11
12 13.4 28.11 28.12x2
13 10.1 24.6 11.7 12.7
14 12.2 13.2 14.9 17.12
15 29.1 02.2 13.8 7.11
16 10.12 12.12

Venomous_Bear

Post by Venomous_Bear » Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:30 pm

Thanks guys! I don't have much that isn't out there already, but I do have some captured mp3s of rare stuff that I have found whilst adventuring dans le internetz. Where should we put this stuff? Should we get a google drive or somesuch?
Toronto (x3), Hatfield, Derry, London (x2), Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Saskatoon, Winnipeg, Detroit, Buffalo, Boston (x4), Ottawa, Fake London, Nottingham, Manchester, Portsmouth

Tommy

Post by Tommy » Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:01 pm

marowak wrote:historically frank has been happy for people to share (not sell) recordings of his sets.
i have a few on video i need to get into audio and will upload too.
Thanks, that's great news. You need a hand ripping the audio? If so, let me know.
Venomous_Bear wrote:Thanks guys! I don't have much that isn't out there already, but I do have some captured mp3s of rare stuff that I have found whilst adventuring dans le internetz. Where should we put this stuff? Should we get a google drive or somesuch?
I've been thinking about this. I have a fair amount of cloud storage space I'm sure we could all use to upload/ download from. If I set it up, uploaded some small initial files and distributed the password we could go from there?

Give me a couple of weeks to get this sorted, I'm a bit busy with the day job at the minute but I will get around to it.

If this idea comes off, I think it will very cool.....kinda like my youth when we all used to trade tapes of albums and that sorta stuff.

Venomous_Bear

Post by Venomous_Bear » Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:38 am

Tommy wrote:
If this idea comes off, I think it will very cool.....kinda like my youth when we all used to trade tapes of albums and that sorta stuff.
Indeed...*gazes off wistfully into the distance*
*a horse's mane is tustled lightly by the breeze*
Toronto (x3), Hatfield, Derry, London (x2), Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Saskatoon, Winnipeg, Detroit, Buffalo, Boston (x4), Ottawa, Fake London, Nottingham, Manchester, Portsmouth

Lupemankell

Post by Lupemankell » Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:52 am

In another forum I visit we used to make CDs for each other. One person collected the usernames who wanted to participate. And then everyone got a postal adress and made a CD. That was fun and I discovered a lot of good music.
We did that for Christmas and it reminded me of the times when I made mixtapes for friends.

inca

Post by inca » Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:23 am

Like a secret santa? Noone ever made me a mix tape :( I had an old twin deck tape player, it was covered in paint flecks from Dad decorating. I used to lie in bed listening to saturday morning radio and recording the songs I liked. Sad isnt it? Its so easy to get a song noe, I think some of the magics gone from it. Who can reminicess over going to itunes or amaxon and downloading a song like we can over sitting and waiting for our new favorite song to come on the radio and having the tape in place ready to hit record?

Venomous_Bear

Post by Venomous_Bear » Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:09 pm

inca wrote:Like a secret santa? Noone ever made me a mix tape :( I had an old twin deck tape player, it was covered in paint flecks from Dad decorating. I used to lie in bed listening to saturday morning radio and recording the songs I liked. Sad isnt it? Its so easy to get a song noe, I think some of the magics gone from it. Who can reminicess over going to itunes or amaxon and downloading a song like we can over sitting and waiting for our new favorite song to come on the radio and having the tape in place ready to hit record?
I echo this sentiment wholeheartedly. I was an expert at correctly spacing the songs out, and knowing exactly which fill in the radio station would use (and thus how to record around it). It also fostered my ability to know a song by the first two beats*(edit, sorry, case of the tireds). My reflexes have deteriorated since then. :/

Wrote a wee diddy about this exact thing :)

Tommy

Post by Tommy » Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:37 pm

Venomous_Bear wrote:
inca wrote:Like a secret santa? Noone ever made me a mix tape :( I had an old twin deck tape player, it was covered in paint flecks from Dad decorating. I used to lie in bed listening to saturday morning radio and recording the songs I liked. Sad isnt it? Its so easy to get a song noe, I think some of the magics gone from it. Who can reminicess over going to itunes or amaxon and downloading a song like we can over sitting and waiting for our new favorite song to come on the radio and having the tape in place ready to hit record?
I echo this sentiment wholeheartedly. I was an expert at correctly spacing the songs out, and knowing exactly which fill in the radio station would use (and thus how to record around it). It also fostered my ability to know a song by the first two beats*(edit, sorry, case of the tireds). My reflexes have deteriorated since then. :/

Wrote a wee diddy about this exact thing :)
You guys are getting me all nostalgic (and i'm only in my 20's!).

It always makes me laugh when artists are like 'Oh man, people download my single illegally for free' etc etc. I always think 'Relax, We have all been stealing singles through C90s and the radio for decades, so stop moaning'.

As for never being made a mixtape, maybe we should all just go a Spotify playlist and share it? Like 5 songs or something, that would be cool. Obviously, we will all have to agree to omit Frank...no point us all having the same songs!

UPDATE on the whole sharing thing. I have allocated 5GB of storage on a cloud drive (which should be enough for the minute) and have next Thursday off and the girlfriend is away for that few days, so I should have something open for 'test' in the next week or so....shall keep you all posted.

ScarletPlanetMoon

Post by ScarletPlanetMoon » Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:16 pm

I love the idea of mix tapes. I made a friend a couple a few weeks back. It's really satisfying when they play well :D
I'm no good at thinking of something funny enough for these things.
http://www.hellyeahjlandtss.tumblr.com

smige2

Post by smige2 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:43 pm

I'd be interested in any bootlegs that are around, I'm sure there's stuff I've not heard
22.08.08, 29.10.08, 19.01.09, 07.03.09, 30.08.09, 29.10.09, 24.03.10, 19.06.10, 19.07.10, 10.12.10, 21.04.11, 27.05.11, 27.11.11, 13.04.12, 25.04.13, 12.09.14, 26.03.15, 29.03.15, 31.07.15, 13.05.17, 14.05.17, 29.07.17, 12.05.18, 03.02.19, 14.07.19

bowie123

Post by bowie123 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:50 am

Hi all, I'm over in the States and cannot for the life of me find the Buddies EP that Frank did with Jon Snodgrass a few years back. Although my internet skills are not the best, I can't seem to find it anywhere ( I know it is available on iTunes in the UK but sadly not over here). Saw this thread and was hoping someone could help me out?

Venomous_Bear

Post by Venomous_Bear » Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:05 am

bowie123 wrote:Hi all, I'm over in the States and cannot for the life of me find the Buddies EP that Frank did with Jon Snodgrass a few years back. Although my internet skills are not the best, I can't seem to find it anywhere ( I know it is available on iTunes in the UK but sadly not over here). Saw this thread and was hoping someone could help me out?
You've got options, brohemian! Hold onto your hat, because here they are:

1. http://www.fairsharemusic.com/artist/fr ... -snodgrass
2. Xtra Mile is re-releasing the CD in the (very) near future, so you could order it from there.

Two! Two options. Ah ah ah.

Rubber_Soul

Post by Rubber_Soul » Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:20 pm

Venomous_Bear wrote:
bowie123 wrote:Hi all, I'm over in the States and cannot for the life of me find the Buddies EP that Frank did with Jon Snodgrass a few years back. Although my internet skills are not the best, I can't seem to find it anywhere ( I know it is available on iTunes in the UK but sadly not over here). Saw this thread and was hoping someone could help me out?
You've got options, brohemian! Hold onto your hat, because here they are:

1. http://www.fairsharemusic.com/artist/fr ... -snodgrass
2. Xtra Mile is re-releasing the CD in the (very) near future, so you could order it from there.

Two! Two options. Ah ah ah.
Speaking of Jon Snodgrass - http://addistock.wordpress.com/2013/10/ ... snodgrass/
My acoustic sessions and history of Addistock gigs etc... - http://addistock.wordpress.com/

Find Addistock on facebook and twitter here - - http://www.facebook.com/AddistockSessions or http://twitter.com/addistock