Electric Parts

A place to discuss tabs, lyrics, and more

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

Unorthadox1080

Electric Parts

Post by Unorthadox1080 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:09 pm

Thought it would be really cool if anyone much more musically skilled than me could have a go at any electric guitar parts as they are pretty much non existent.

liamsmyth

Re: Electric Parts

Post by liamsmyth » Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:34 pm

Any in particular you wanted help with? Most of the electric parts in FT records are fairly simple, following along with what the acoustic guitar is playing...there's quite a few songs where the electric guitar plays arpeggios of the chords the acoustic is playing (think of the chorus to the road, or the bridge to isabel), there's a couple where the electric plays harmonics (think of the verse to the road - haha two examples from the same song) but on the most part just following along with the acoustic part should get you close...unless you meant the solos, which again while very effective are pretty simple...if there's any in particular you want help with just post the songs and I'll have a look for you...I know that Ben uses a telecaster and a Laney VC-30 amp, so you want an axe with single coils and a "british" sounding amplifier I guess to get that sound. Other than that, a distortion or overdrive pedal for some of the louder parts, and a tremolo pedal for the clean tones would sound good aswell...hope some of this is helpful. (and if I've got anything wrong feel free to correct me, this is all just from what I can hear/see). If you want any help with the solos post 'em up here and I'll see what I can do! :)

jonnyofthemagi

Post by jonnyofthemagi » Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:10 am

Fear not! On the Sleeping Souls website Ben has said he is planning on doing some tabs starting with Road, Disappear and Redemption and he is open to requests :D

Unorthadox1080

Post by Unorthadox1080 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:17 pm

thanks for explaining that, the songs in particular I was thinking about were Fathers Day and I Am Disappeared, I can play both on acoustic which might help