Songs by other people that Frank has covered live

A place to discuss tabs, lyrics, and more

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

Bella

Re: Songs by other people that Frank has covered live

Post by Bella » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:23 pm

added born to run and live and let die into the list :-)
Bella
x
1084 Kilkenny, 1088 Dublin, 1139 Newport, 1255 Frome, 1301 Southampton, 1303 Bath, 1307 Cork, 1308 Galway, 1310 Dublin, 1324 Dublin. Manchester, Leeds, Bristol, Birmingham, Southampton, 2000 Trees Cave, 2000 Trees Main Stage...many...lots

Bella

Post by Bella » Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:05 pm

and from today Radio 1 Live lounge

All My Life by Foo Fighters
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTG70iV7Frc

Bella
x
1084 Kilkenny, 1088 Dublin, 1139 Newport, 1255 Frome, 1301 Southampton, 1303 Bath, 1307 Cork, 1308 Galway, 1310 Dublin, 1324 Dublin. Manchester, Leeds, Bristol, Birmingham, Southampton, 2000 Trees Cave, 2000 Trees Main Stage...many...lots

sounds.heal.souls

Post by sounds.heal.souls » Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:00 am

Thank you so much for all the links! I recently saw Frank for the first time, and I will never be the same. I am in love with his music and especially his live performance! I have listened to nothing but Frank since the show. I swear every time I hear a song again, I hear something else, or it makes me think/feel something new! I will enjoy every performance that you took the time list for us! Frank's music just lightens my soul. I must figure out a way to see him live again before he ends the tour! Thanks again Bella!

ps Do you have a favorite from the list?

Bella

Post by Bella » Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:48 pm

not really...

but listening to Frank cover other people has got me into a lot of other bands :-)

The first time I heard "Fix Me" I didn't realize it was a cover - it sounded like Frank, if you see what I mean... could totally have been written by him :D

One of the (many) things I love about Frank is that he loves to share (although my bank balance kinda wishes he didn't have such good taste), and seems to pick covers that really suit his voice & style of playing - weather solo or full band.

top 5?

Fix Me - Black Flag
The Quiet One - Mark Mulcahy
Motel Blues - Loudon Wainwright III
Somebody to Love - Queen

one more is proving impossible... choices... choices....

Pancho and Lefty - Townes Van Zandt / Live and Let Die - Wings / Chelsea Hotel-Leonard Cohen

arrggghhh such a tough choice!

What's yours?

Bella
x

Bella

Post by Bella » Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:49 pm

any second now I'm going to change my mind and add a load more....

sounds.heal.souls

Post by sounds.heal.souls » Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:32 pm

I'm still listening, choosing, listening again, and changing my mind...Hate commitment(sounds like a name for a band :idea: ) I will get back with you very soon though, but might not have a decision yet. :)

Bella

Post by Bella » Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:27 pm

so I was in a shop today... queen song came on... and i couldn't help myself. I thought I was singing/humming under my breath - apparently not!

Oooops :oops:

and then.. just to make things really embarrassing, I was kinda dancing in the queue to pay.... I was miles away, thinking about Franks cover and comparing the two and decided I liked them both equally, when a lady behind me reminded me that the point of queuing was paying for the stuff we want to buy - not having a disco :oops:

Bonus points though to the young man on the till who saw my FTHC logo on my bag and pointed out that Frank had covered it :-)

I'm sure they think I'm bonkers in there...

so - ALL THE QUEEN SONGS!

:D

#need sleep!

sounds.heal.souls

Post by sounds.heal.souls » Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:04 am

A music shop? Don't worry, we need more people like you in the world, enjoying the moment without a care in the world. If we had more like you, the world would be a much nicer, kinder place! #sleepyyouwithhappyheart :D

traci-ann

Post by traci-ann » Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:18 pm

i'd love to hear him do a cover of the jam's "eton rifles" do any of you know if he has already?
traci-ann

But if ever I stray from the path I follow
Take me down to tBoston Harbor...

Bella

Post by Bella » Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:19 am

sounds.heal.souls wrote:A music shop? Don't worry, we need more people like you in the world, enjoying the moment without a care in the world. If we had more like you, the world would be a much nicer, kinder place! #sleepyyouwithhappyheart :D

Aww thank you!

not a music shop - general store, but I seem to have been in there a lot lately and have been asked about my bag a couple of times - nice people in there :-)

traci-ann wrote:i'd love to hear him do a cover of the jam's "eton rifles" do any of you know if he has already?
not that I know of...

I've put links to all the ones I know about and have links to. I'll do my best to keep it up to date, feel free to tell me if you find something I missed.

Listened to The Hold Steady today and was reminded about Frank and Dave Hause covering Constructive Summer. Saw Dave Hause on his recent tour and he slipped a bit of that into his set - wonderful how many people there also knew that song as well and sang along :-)

Talking about Frank's new tattoo in another thread - got my Weakerthans CD's out for tomorrow (today?) listening - Frank's covered them too :-)

Mmmmm all good music - Love the originals and the covers equally

Bella
x

helentx

Post by helentx » Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:24 am

Bella wrote: I was kinda dancing in the queue to pay.... I was miles away, thinking about Franks cover and comparing the two and decided I liked them both equally, when a lady behind me reminded me that the point of queuing was paying for the stuff we want to buy - not having a disco :oops:
!
Hey I'm glad you're taking this literally "Be a fan of every band that made you want to move your feet". Which Queen song was it?

Bella

Post by Bella » Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:26 pm

helentx wrote: Hey I'm glad you're taking this literally "Be a fan of every band that made you want to move your feet"
Always been that way - I can't help it. for a short while one particular friend gave me a new nickname "Marmite" because I tend to either love or hate stuff, it didn't stick ! :D
helentx wrote:Which Queen song was it?
You're my best friend

" ....Ooh you make me live
Whenever this world is cruel to me
I got you to help me forgive
Ooh you make me live now honey
Ooh you make me live...."

*twirls*

x

sounds.heal.souls

Post by sounds.heal.souls » Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:17 am

Bella,'
I found Frank's "Buttercup" on you tube, and it's so much better than any version I have heard, even the original! Sadly, I am not the most computer literate person, and try as I might, I can't seem to figure out how to post the link to it :( . I wanted to let you know it's there so you could hear it, and possibly post it if you think it's appropriate. Thanks again for all you time and effort putting the list together. I hope your heart is happy and filled with music that makes you dance today(you are right about the Queen songs, they are amazing!). Just curious, what's it like to work with/for Frank? #wildfantasydreamjob

sounds.heal.souls

Post by sounds.heal.souls » Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:19 am

ps. LOVE the *twirls*, they make me laugh! :lol:

Bella

Post by Bella » Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:07 pm

added A Plea from A Cat Named Virtute
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5T-l1gIA4A

Buttercup ..... hmmmm the only one I can find on youtube is a rip from the CD rather than a vid of Frank playing it live regardless of video or audio only. I didn't want to put CD rips up - we can just go buy the CD - Id rather put a video up of a live performance, particularly as Frank is so prolific with covers that he has done so many covers he'd have to do a mega huge CD bundle to fit them all on

{Frank - that was a hint :-) I'd buy it!! }
sounds.heal.souls wrote:Thanks again for all you time and effort putting the list together. I hope your heart is happy and filled with music that makes you dance today(you are right about the Queen songs, they are amazing!)
Thank you! Just had the most amazing couple of days away, which included two stunning gigs - Tim Barry/Sam Russo (with guest Ellen Cox) and Frank at the Joiners with Sean McGownan! Sam, Ellen and Sean have all been on a "Must See" hit list and they were each as amazing as I had been told they would be. :-) :-) :-)
sounds.heal.souls wrote:Just curious, what's it like to work with/for Frank?
Hehehehehehhehe ... I don't! I just love music and like to share if I can.

I'm currently looking for work, but I'm a bit broken so generally speaking any employer, given the choice, will pick a healthy person... I'm not holding my breathe for job. Hopefully one day someone will see me as a person rather than a revenue stream and see that my skills fit when they need and hire me. Fingers crossed and all that...

Music keeps me sane, sharing it makes me happy :-)

sounds.heal.souls wrote:ps. LOVE the *twirls*, they make me laugh! :lol:
*twirls*

Glad I can make someone smile

Bella
x
*twirls some more*