Dead Kennedys

If you have a specific question you want me to get back to, put it here and I'll think about it

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

eleanordc

Dead Kennedys

Post by eleanordc » Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:52 am

Just saw The Dead Kennedys are playing 9:30 Club tonight. Have to admit I had no idea they are still touring. Are you a fan?

frank
Site Admin

Re: Dead Kennedys

Post by frank » Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:09 pm

Of course.
Shows? All of em.

"He's like an Uncle, I like him but I don't want to listen to him all day."

goldust

Post by goldust » Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:01 pm

One of the greatest bands of all time but the DKs without Biafra are not the DKs. They're a bit like Queen + Adam Lambert now, a tribute band of themselves

Evan

Post by Evan » Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:52 pm

goldust wrote:One of the greatest bands of all time but the DKs without Biafra are not the DKs. They're a bit like Queen + Adam Lambert now, a tribute band of themselves

Have to agree there. Saw them a few years back and it was the worst kind of cabaret.

Conversely, I also saw Jello Biafra and the Guantanamo School of Medicine who were pretty good. They played a bunch of DK songs (and LARD too I seem to remember), which was brilliant.

And while we are on the subject, I saw Jello do spoken word once...nearly killed me. He was on for a very long time, and basically just read from sheets of paper.
Beverley, Birmingham, Blackheath, Boston, Cheltenham, Dublin, Donington, Guildford, Hatfield, Hoboken, Knebworth, Latitude, Leamington Spa, London, Manchester, New York, Nottingham, Oxford, Reading, Sayreville, Sheffield, Southend, Wembley, Wolverhampton.