Silent Key inspiration?

If you have a specific question you want me to get back to, put it here and I'll think about it

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

x0Kiss0fDeath

Silent Key inspiration?

Post by x0Kiss0fDeath » Mon May 16, 2016 1:53 pm

So curious to know what the inspiration was behind writing Silent Key? I remember the first time I heard it when it was released, I was thinking "oh shit, he's just mentioned Christa Mcauliffe!" I told my husband because I was well impressed with myself that I remembered instantly about the shuttle disaster. I'm originally from the US but my husband is English and I live here now and when I asked about whether he learned about that in school he said not that he remembers so the question has been playing in my mind as to where you learned about it first and what inspired you to write the song in general? :) Thanks! xx

frank
Site Admin

Re: Silent Key inspiration?

Post by frank » Fri May 20, 2016 2:20 am

Uh, well, the inspiration was the events of the Challenger disaster.
Shows? All of em.

"He's like an Uncle, I like him but I don't want to listen to him all day."

x0Kiss0fDeath

Re: Silent Key inspiration?

Post by x0Kiss0fDeath » Fri May 20, 2016 6:54 am

frank wrote:Uh, well, the inspiration was the events of the Challenger disaster.
Thanks for the reply :)

I just meant more like did you learn about that in your history classes (as my English husband doesn't recall there being lessons on it while it's part of US history lessons) or was there a separate incident where you took an interest in it? I know you're a big history guy so wasn't sure if maybe you visited the space center when touring in the US which gave you the idea to write the song or if you had always just wanted to write a song about it - or even if it just came to you (probably should have used the word idea vs inspiration). Very rare to even have people mention that now a days so I found it cool that you wrote a song about it:)