Music festivals

If you have a specific question you want me to get back to, put it here and I'll think about it

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

Post Reply
patbrownlow
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:00 pm

Music festivals

Post by patbrownlow » Mon Feb 15, 2016 6:42 pm

Posted on general discussion as well keen to see you at music festivals this year any plans as yet?

User avatar
frank
Site Admin
Posts: 4196
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 6:47 pm

Re: Music festivals

Post by frank » Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:23 am

Some, they get announced when they get announced..
Shows? All of em.

"He's like an Uncle, I like him but I don't want to listen to him all day."

patbrownlow
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:00 pm

Re: Music festivals

Post by patbrownlow » Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:19 pm

Work at a few as part of the medical team always good to be able to pick which ones depending on who is playing. Usually at Reading so fingers crossed

User avatar
Tomasz
Posts: 1546
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2005 11:05 am

Re: Music festivals

Post by Tomasz » Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:18 pm

Reading/Leeds announced today and no Frank, and I think he'd be on the poster by now if he was playing. He's confirmed for T in the park so he's possibly an English exclusive somewhere. But not Reading, not Isle of Wight which leaves either Glastonbury or headlining a smaller festival perhaps...
Pete wrote:Sometimes, I wish I was a dog on a swing.

User avatar
Tomasz
Posts: 1546
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2005 11:05 am

Re: Music festivals

Post by Tomasz » Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:39 am

Not Latitude either...
Pete wrote:Sometimes, I wish I was a dog on a swing.

User avatar
Tomasz
Posts: 1546
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2005 11:05 am

Re: Music festivals

Post by Tomasz » Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:49 am

Not on the Glastonbury poster. I'm all out of ideas.
Pete wrote:Sometimes, I wish I was a dog on a swing.

User avatar
Tomasz
Posts: 1546
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2005 11:05 am

Re: Music festivals

Post by Tomasz » Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:50 pm

Well there we go, it was Reading/Leeds after all
Pete wrote:Sometimes, I wish I was a dog on a swing.

User avatar
marowak
Posts: 3543
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2006 9:27 pm
Location: Lancing
Contact:

Re: Music festivals

Post by marowak » Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:03 pm

I think the fact that Frank is doing his 10th year at R&L shows true testament to how hard he has worked year on year since going solo.

The next stop will surely be headlining in 2018 when LP7 comes out.
06 06.3 08.8
07 04.4 11.5 17.5 08.6 10.11
08 28.3 21.04 13.6 06.7 06.9
09 11.1 06.2 21.4 10.10 29.10
10 23.3 16.7 12.12
11 12.2 12.5 30.5 27.11
12 13.4 28.11 28.12x2
13 10.1 24.6 11.7 12.7
14 12.2 13.2 14.9 17.12
15 29.1 02.2 13.8 7.11
16 10.12 12.12

Evan
Posts: 1839
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:06 pm

Re: Music festivals

Post by Evan » Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:10 pm

marowak wrote:I think the fact that Frank is doing his 10th year at R&L shows true testament to how hard he has worked year on year since going solo.

The next stop will surely be headlining in 2018 when LP7 comes out.

I think he should now boycott them for the next 10 years.
Beverley, Birmingham, Blackheath, Boston, Cheltenham, Dublin, Donington, Guildford, Hatfield, Hoboken, Knebworth, Latitude, Leamington Spa, London, Manchester, New York, Nottingham, Oxford, Reading, Sayreville, Sheffield, Southend, Wembley, Wolverhampton.

User avatar
marowak
Posts: 3543
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2006 9:27 pm
Location: Lancing
Contact:

Re: Music festivals

Post by marowak » Thu Apr 21, 2016 2:42 pm

Evan wrote:
marowak wrote:I think the fact that Frank is doing his 10th year at R&L shows true testament to how hard he has worked year on year since going solo.

The next stop will surely be headlining in 2018 when LP7 comes out.

I think he should now boycott them for the next 10 years.
My brain went on a little adventure just then - wondering (briefly) what the world would be like by 2028 - Frank would be in his 40s - I'd be nearing 50.
Ticket prices would be £400 per ticket - and only available to those with data implant chips in their fingers - or something.

I then stopped thinking as it hurt my head too much.
06 06.3 08.8
07 04.4 11.5 17.5 08.6 10.11
08 28.3 21.04 13.6 06.7 06.9
09 11.1 06.2 21.4 10.10 29.10
10 23.3 16.7 12.12
11 12.2 12.5 30.5 27.11
12 13.4 28.11 28.12x2
13 10.1 24.6 11.7 12.7
14 12.2 13.2 14.9 17.12
15 29.1 02.2 13.8 7.11
16 10.12 12.12

Evan
Posts: 1839
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:06 pm

Re: Music festivals

Post by Evan » Thu Apr 21, 2016 3:14 pm

marowak wrote:
Evan wrote:
marowak wrote:I think the fact that Frank is doing his 10th year at R&L shows true testament to how hard he has worked year on year since going solo.

The next stop will surely be headlining in 2018 when LP7 comes out.

I think he should now boycott them for the next 10 years.
My brain went on a little adventure just then - wondering (briefly) what the world would be like by 2028 - Frank would be in his 40s - I'd be nearing 50.
Ticket prices would be £400 per ticket - and only available to those with data implant chips in their fingers - or something.

I then stopped thinking as it hurt my head too much.
I will be 51. And there will be no fucking way I am going to Reading as I'm already too old.
Beverley, Birmingham, Blackheath, Boston, Cheltenham, Dublin, Donington, Guildford, Hatfield, Hoboken, Knebworth, Latitude, Leamington Spa, London, Manchester, New York, Nottingham, Oxford, Reading, Sayreville, Sheffield, Southend, Wembley, Wolverhampton.

Craven
Posts: 168
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:58 pm

Re: Music festivals

Post by Craven » Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:44 pm

Evan wrote:I will be 51. And there will be no fucking way I am going to Reading as I'm already too old.
I took my old man to his first Reading Festival a couple of years back to see The Cure. He was 59 at the time. You're never too old!
683 727 909 1081 1082 1139 1216 1258 1289 1381 1442 1522 1539 1585 1611 1615 1681 1720 1790 1889 1955

User avatar
marowak
Posts: 3543
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2006 9:27 pm
Location: Lancing
Contact:

Re: Music festivals

Post by marowak » Fri Apr 22, 2016 7:42 am

Evan wrote: I will be 51. And there will be no fucking way I am going to Reading as I'm already too old.
I dont think 51 would be too old and I can see you chaperoning Eva for the weekend.
06 06.3 08.8
07 04.4 11.5 17.5 08.6 10.11
08 28.3 21.04 13.6 06.7 06.9
09 11.1 06.2 21.4 10.10 29.10
10 23.3 16.7 12.12
11 12.2 12.5 30.5 27.11
12 13.4 28.11 28.12x2
13 10.1 24.6 11.7 12.7
14 12.2 13.2 14.9 17.12
15 29.1 02.2 13.8 7.11
16 10.12 12.12

Evan
Posts: 1839
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:06 pm

Re: Music festivals

Post by Evan » Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:16 am

marowak wrote:
Evan wrote: I will be 51. And there will be no fucking way I am going to Reading as I'm already too old.
I dont think 51 would be too old and I can see you chaperoning Eva for the weekend.

The father in me wants to make everyone put more clothes on before they catch a cold.
Beverley, Birmingham, Blackheath, Boston, Cheltenham, Dublin, Donington, Guildford, Hatfield, Hoboken, Knebworth, Latitude, Leamington Spa, London, Manchester, New York, Nottingham, Oxford, Reading, Sayreville, Sheffield, Southend, Wembley, Wolverhampton.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests