Ham Radio

If you have a specific question you want me to get back to, put it here and I'll think about it

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

bridgemo

Ham Radio

Post by bridgemo » Sun Aug 16, 2015 9:45 pm

as the wife of a ham, I was just wondering after Silent Key - did you grow up around amateur radio?

frank
Site Admin

Re: Ham Radio

Post by frank » Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:17 am

I didn't as it goes. Just did some research for the song.
Shows? All of em.

"He's like an Uncle, I like him but I don't want to listen to him all day."

bridgemo

Post by bridgemo » Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:11 pm

You did an awesome job with it. My husband the ham really is getting into the song and was impressed with your use of silent key. Wonderful album. (My preorder just arrived Saturday so I'm just now getting to listen to it.)

PS I have the refrain from Peggy Sings the Blue up in my classroom as our class motto for the year. (4th, 5th, and 6th grade boys with emotional disabilities)

mrdh

Post by mrdh » Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:51 pm

[quote="bridgemo"PS I have the refrain from Peggy Sings the Blue up in my classroom as our class motto for the year. (4th, 5th, and 6th grade boys with emotional disabilities)[/quote]

I have "it doesn't matter where you come from - it matters where you go" and "Life is about love, lost minutes and lost evenings.about fire in our bellies..." on the wall in my classroom. (Secondary maths)

:)

mbsl

Post by mbsl » Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:34 am

[SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

sara

Post by sara » Tue Aug 25, 2015 6:27 pm

mrdh wrote: I have "it doesn't matter where you come from - it matters where you go" and "Life is about love, lost minutes and lost evenings.about fire in our bellies..." on the wall in my classroom. (Secondary maths)
:)
Hi mrdh, I am secondary maths also, so just wanted to say 'hey', and I hope your school year is starting off well. You too, bridgemo. I hadn't thought to put up a Frank quote in the room, but that is a pretty good idea. I've used a Green Day quote before - "I beg to dream and differ from the hollow lies."

O, and isn't it "...last minutes and lost evenings"? A great lyric.