Introvert or Extrovert?

If you have a specific question you want me to get back to, put it here and I'll think about it

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

greezy

Introvert or Extrovert?

Post by greezy » Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:22 pm

Okay, first of all I admit it's a bit creepy to ask Frank a question directly. But as someone dealing with social phobia for close to 50 years and is a recently avowed militant introvert, I must ask. Frank, have you ever taken a Meyers Briggs Test or the like? Do you consider yourself an Extrovert, ambiovert or introvert?
Relax. This won't hurt.

frank
Site Admin

Re: Introvert or Extrovert?

Post by frank » Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:24 pm

Uh, I think this question hovers between being irrelevant and overly personal as it goes.
Shows? All of em.

"He's like an Uncle, I like him but I don't want to listen to him all day."

greezy

Post by greezy » Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:49 pm

Overly personal. I'll take that one. Irrelevant? As irrelevant as air. ;)
Relax. This won't hurt.

Pete

Post by Pete » Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:18 am

It may be highly relevant to you personally, and indeed to Frank personally, but in the context of his relationship with anyone either on here or even 'IRL', I don't think results of any test or any internal view on your own personality type are really relevant unless you wish to make them so.

Maybe as a 'recently avowed militant introvert' you have chosen to be defined by this tag, I just don't think everyone else wishes the same.
frank wrote:Think of it like weight-lifting. High notes are heavy weights.

NickSouthampton

Post by NickSouthampton » Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:15 pm

I find the most interesting definition of Introvert/Extravert is "How do you recharge your batteries".

I'm quite extravert in a lot of ways but when I'm feeling drained I just like being by myself with a book or a guitar for an hour or two.

I have friends who are shy on the surface but recharge by spending time with energetic people.
Nick in "Sunny" Southampton.

www.nickhaynesmusic.com/

LHN

Post by LHN » Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:39 pm

For what it's worth, I recently got interested in the Myers Briggs test and read through the description of every single personality "type" and none of them fit me particularly well. Humans are far too complicated to be slotted into one of sixteen boxes.
That said, I find it hard to imagine that anyone who makes a living singing extremely personal songs to large audiences could possibly be an introvert.

greezy

Post by greezy » Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:11 pm

I asked because Frank's songs are very introspective.

I spent 23 years with muscular headaches so bad my teeth hurt. I'm not sure how I made it out alive. These were due to the fact that I am a cat, raised among dogs, acting as a dog. Meow.
Relax. This won't hurt.

hellaoftroy

Post by hellaoftroy » Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:45 am

I have to say that I find the label "ambivert" or whatever kind of ridiculous, because doesn't it mean that sometimes you are introverted and sometimes you're more extraverted? That describes a solid 99% of people.

martin

Post by martin » Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:47 am

greezy wrote:
I spent 23 years with muscular headaches so bad my teeth hurt. I'm not sure how I made it out alive. These were due to the fact that I am a cat, raised among dogs, acting as a dog. Meow.
ray?
"they cant even read what their selling, dirty bastards"

Pete

Post by Pete » Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:51 am

martin wrote:
greezy wrote:
ray?
Heh
frank wrote:Think of it like weight-lifting. High notes are heavy weights.

ViolaBarrett

Post by ViolaBarrett » Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:30 am

I always asked myself: "Which career to choose, if I'm an introvert?"... If you have the same question, just refer to http://skywritingservice.com/blog/extro ... ect-career to find the right answer to your query.