Get Me In.

If you have a specific question you want me to get back to, put it here and I'll think about it

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

Marty_j

Get Me In.

Post by Marty_j » Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:47 am

Thoughts on this site? I admit I have used it when Belle and Seb sold out Kelvingrove in Glasgow in record time and it serves a purpose when people genuinely need to get rid of unwanted tickets. Bit poor form though when folk buy tickets just to flog em on, for example Newcastle show going for £51 on get me in. (I got mine in pre sale no hassle - fuck the moaners)

I know there has always been touts at shows (again used them before myself) but Get Me In all seems a bit like Ticketmaster openly making a profit twice.

What can artists do though?

frank
Site Admin

Re: Get Me In.

Post by frank » Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:49 am

Haven't come across it. Secondary ticketing is pretty irritating for me, but it's not illegal in any way. I guess what I do is try to play places that can accomodate the number of people who want to come when I can, and also to provide a forum for people to swap tickets / sell at face value for genuine reasons. Like this one.
Shows? All of em.

"He's like an Uncle, I like him but I don't want to listen to him all day."

Marty_j

Post by Marty_j » Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:58 am

frank wrote:Haven't come across it. Secondary ticketing is pretty irritating for me, but it's not illegal in any way. I guess what I do is try to play places that can accommodate the number of people who want to come when I can, and also to provide a forum for people to swap tickets / sell at face value for genuine reasons. Like this one.
Cheers Frank, as I say I have used it before if gig is sold out on TM takes you to Get Me In where there are tickets ups for grabs http://www.getmein.com/tickets/frank-tu ... cketmaster .

You do more than most artists yet unbelievably still get stick.

Looking forward to the tour/album, been a while.

skhmmxi

Post by skhmmxi » Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:11 am

When the select committee formed to investigate the possibility of stricter regulation on secondary ticket resale to limit online touting, Ticketmaster spoke out in favour of stricter regulation, but they did say that if the huge profits from resale sites continued, they'd have to get on board because some of their clients (promoters) were starting to demand a piece of those profits.

The select committee declined to pursue stricter regulation after they reviewed the evidence, so they were a bit cornered and Getmein was set up to stay competitive.

The government messing in the free market is always controversial, I guess, but they chose not to act in this instance, so it's all fair game for everyone. I don't think you can blame ticket retailers for doing what their shareholders expect of them - making as much money as possible whilst complying with the law.
218,278,284,419,500,533,558,617-620,710,718,970,980,1000,1143,1216,1303,1321,1384,1441,1464,1518,1527,1545,1595,1611,next:RAH 29/03

Marty_j

Post by Marty_j » Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:44 am

skhmmxi wrote:When the select committee formed to investigate the possibility of stricter regulation on secondary ticket resale to limit online touting, Ticketmaster spoke out in favour of stricter regulation, but they did say that if the huge profits from resale sites continued, they'd have to get on board because some of their clients (promoters) were starting to demand a piece of those profits.

The select committee declined to pursue stricter regulation after they reviewed the evidence, so they were a bit cornered and Getmein was set up to stay competitive.

The government messing in the free market is always controversial, I guess, but they chose not to act in this instance, so it's all fair game for everyone. I don't think you can blame ticket retailers for doing what their shareholders expect of them - making as much money as possible whilst complying with the law.
Cheers for this mate, very interesting.

Blonde

Post by Blonde » Sun Jun 21, 2015 12:38 am

Stubhub however, do good sunglasses.

andy8000

Post by andy8000 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:35 pm

Surely its one big con though. If a show instantly sells out on Ticketmaster, how come getmein has them up for sale immediately. Were Ticketmaster ever selling them at the real price or just offloading them via getmein for more bucks?
Birmingham Coventry Wolverhampton Manchester Leicester Frome Wembley. Most in multiple, lost count. :roll:

frank
Site Admin

Post by frank » Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:48 pm

andy8000 wrote:Surely its one big con though. If a show instantly sells out on Ticketmaster, how come getmein has them up for sale immediately. Were Ticketmaster ever selling them at the real price or just offloading them via getmein for more bucks?
There are rumoura to this effect, though unproven. There are, of course, simpler methods for this to happen. Some people make a good living touting, they're just well organised.
Shows? All of em.

"He's like an Uncle, I like him but I don't want to listen to him all day."