audio book

If you have a specific question you want me to get back to, put it here and I'll think about it

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

Tomasz

audio book

Post by Tomasz » Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:02 am

Any plans on an audio version of the book? Who'd you have narrate it in an ideal world?

Tomasz
Pete wrote:Sometimes, I wish I was a dog on a swing.

JamesFrancis

Re: audio book

Post by JamesFrancis » Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:15 pm

Morgan Freeman perhaps?
The world needs to sort the goddamn economy so we can go to the goddamn moon!

frank
Site Admin

Post by frank » Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:17 pm

We've been talking about this - I guess I'd read it myself. Nothing concretely in the diary just yet tho.
Shows? All of em.

"He's like an Uncle, I like him but I don't want to listen to him all day."

Spottyfriend

Post by Spottyfriend » Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:10 pm

This would be awesome! I'm truly terrible at reading; I can't keep still for long enough to do it... Audiobooks are the only way I get along with literature.

Scouse

Post by Scouse » Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:52 am

frank wrote:We've been talking about this - I guess I'd read it myself. Nothing concretely in the diary just yet tho.
F*ck me what a talent you are Turner - it's really not fair - you wrote it and you can READ it as well - I'd buy a copy of the talking book version for me Da - he's blind - 84 years old - lives independently - well with his guide dog 'Millie' - in deepest Bootle - a suburb of Liverpool - 4 miles from Anfield and not far enough from Goodison Park. I'll be telling him over the blower in the next coupla days about your gig last night here in Perth at the Amplifier Bar and what a high energy gig it was - and how cheap you were compared to Bruce Springsteen - not that he got he round in - but you and the Sleepless Souls were every bit as dynamic and entertaining as Bruce and the E Street dudes were for a quarter of the cost. I sent me Da a copy of Donald Fagan's Eminent Hipster's talking book. You know me Da's never read so much since he lost his sight - I was back in Liverpool to see him last year - I go every year since me Ma died and he's on his todd - except the dog - he won't come out 'ere any more. Anyway I always check to see what the latest tech sh*t is for the blind and there's a thingy that can convert text to voice. So I arranged for me and 'im to go for a demo at RNIB - anyway cut a long story short it wouldn't read 'im the racing page out the paper so 'e passed. I had the cash in me pocket to take it home - well maybe the next model'll do it...........?!
Do the talkin' bewk la!
P.S. The lad that did the demo of the txt to voice gizmo for us at RNIB - recognized me from school - I'm a 54 year old - old fart now and as you can probably guess I have changed a little bit appearance wise since leaving school at 16 - follically challenged not by choice now though! I never recognized the demo fella but he remembered me - for what I suspect are wrong reasons - he said we never got along at school - I suspect I may have bullied him a bit - but he was and still is a tw*t - I expect he feels the same about me - funny old life eh?

JerseyGirl

Post by JerseyGirl » Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:41 pm

Scouse wrote:
frank wrote:We've been talking about this - I guess I'd read it myself. Nothing concretely in the diary just yet tho.
F*ck me what a talent you are Turner - it's really not fair - you wrote it and you can READ it as well - I'd buy a copy of the talking book version for me Da - he's blind - 84 years old - lives independently - well with his guide dog 'Millie' - in deepest Bootle - a suburb of Liverpool - 4 miles from Anfield and not far enough from Goodison Park. I'll be telling him over the blower in the next coupla days about your gig last night here in Perth at the Amplifier Bar and what a high energy gig it was - and how cheap you were compared to Bruce Springsteen - not that he got he round in - but you and the Sleepless Souls were every bit as dynamic and entertaining as Bruce and the E Street dudes were for a quarter of the cost. I sent me Da a copy of Donald Fagan's Eminent Hipster's talking book. You know me Da's never read so much since he lost his sight - I was back in Liverpool to see him last year - I go every year since me Ma died and he's on his todd - except the dog - he won't come out 'ere any more. Anyway I always check to see what the latest tech sh*t is for the blind and there's a thingy that can convert text to voice. So I arranged for me and 'im to go for a demo at RNIB - anyway cut a long story short it wouldn't read 'im the racing page out the paper so 'e passed. I had the cash in me pocket to take it home - well maybe the next model'll do it...........?!
Do the talkin' bewk la!
P.S. The lad that did the demo of the txt to voice gizmo for us at RNIB - recognized me from school - I'm a 54 year old - old fart now and as you can probably guess I have changed a little bit appearance wise since leaving school at 16 - follically challenged not by choice now though! I never recognized the demo fella but he remembered me - for what I suspect are wrong reasons - he said we never got along at school - I suspect I may have bullied him a bit - but he was and still is a tw*t - I expect he feels the same about me - funny old life eh?
Love this! Yes, funny ole life and we're all in this together!

I agree about Bruce and the boys and I saw them back in the day in Jersey (um, New Jersey that is!)!

Scouse

Post by Scouse » Fri Apr 10, 2015 2:12 pm

Jersey Girl - a Tom Waits song covered by Brooooooce no less!

I just ordered a hardback copy of The Road Beneath My Feet via The Book Depository - superb www site - free global shipping!

I love the Live In Dublin dvd by Bruce - I like his reinterpretations of his own songs using different instrumentation - he is an awesome artist - same as Frank but different - if that makes sense.......?