Chords etc

If you have a specific question you want me to get back to, put it here and I'll think about it

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

aza484

Post by aza484 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:22 pm

frank wrote:actually richard divine is capo 2 and Em shapes.
Woo thats what I figured! Go playing by ear!
longlivethefrank wrote:I'd personally love POTD if anyone can figure it out, maybe from the acoustic version? I'm tone deaf as anything. Our Lady of the Campfire sounds amazing to play as well.
"Corrina Rides like Boadicea tonight"...that bit really gets me every time, I have to say.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOnFWS-MQIg
My shot at it last week.
newmy wrote:The first time I heard Dan's Song I thought - I want to play this. Frank, you've inspired me to pick up a guitar again after years and years of neglect in favour of bass and drums. Thankfully the people who's house I'm staying in have an acoustic guitar so I've been finding my way around 6 strings again for the first time in ages, playing this in half time and figuring out much easier chord shapes than the rather odd ones on those sites which are miles up the fretboard!
Had a go at that quite a while ago. A month ago infact. See what you reckon.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJ97NUIE ... re=channel

rvabdn

Post by rvabdn » Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:26 pm

Nice one mate! Although you've done the one thing that always really annoys me about guitar videos by not filming the left hand!
Last edited by rvabdn on Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

aza484

Post by aza484 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:40 pm

rvabdn wrote:Nice one mate! Although you've done the one thing that always really annoys me about guitar videos buy not filming the left hand!
haha sorry, its a nightmare trying to get the cam in a decent position, so ive just fixed it to my desk there now, its a lot simpler.

aza484

Post by aza484 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:28 pm

Kilobyte wrote:Well, I've been playing around trying to figure out a few chords for Richard Divine, and so far I've got this:

Capo 2
Verse: Em, Am, D <--- where the Am is, there seems to be a few chord changes, I think the first change is down to a C/B, then followed by the other 2 chords and finally the D.
Chorus: G, Bm7 (possibly just a normal Bm), C and then a chord which I can't yet figure out.

Well, hopefully someone else can either build on that, or in the case of it being completely wrong, correct it.
RD was actually the next PotD cover I've been fiddling with, so I'll see if I can give it a shot and record it. Bear with me.

longlivethefrank

Post by longlivethefrank » Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:31 pm

aza484 wrote:
longlivethefrank wrote:I'd personally love POTD if anyone can figure it out, maybe from the acoustic version? I'm tone deaf as anything. Our Lady of the Campfire sounds amazing to play as well.
"Corrina Rides like Boadicea tonight"...that bit really gets me every time, I have to say.
My shot at it last week.
newmy wrote:The first time I heard Dan's Song I thought - I want to play this. Frank, you've inspired me to pick up a guitar again after years and years of neglect in favour of bass and drums. Thankfully the people who's house I'm staying in have an acoustic guitar so I've been finding my way around 6 strings again for the first time in ages, playing this in half time and figuring out much easier chord shapes than the rather odd ones on those sites which are miles up the fretboard!
Nice, did you get the tab/chords down?

aza484

Post by aza484 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:42 pm

longlivethefrank wrote:
aza484 wrote:
My shot at it last week.
Nice, did you get the tab/chords down?
I didn't cos I'm hopeless with them and they take me forever. I might try to do them in the style Frank did his Campfire Punkrock ones, just for you guys, if more people want them.

I'm just uploading my attempt at RD now. I won't lie, its dodgy. I knew there was a reason I took a couple of days off from attempting to cover it - those vocals are HARD.

aza484

Post by aza484 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:48 pm

Sealegsproductions

Post by Sealegsproductions » Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:26 pm

maybe a bit cheeky buuuttt....anyway you can just film your left hand? or do both videos?

aza484

Post by aza484 » Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:56 pm

Sealegsproductions wrote:maybe a bit cheeky buuuttt....anyway you can just film your left hand? or do both videos?
To which song?

will_t

Post by will_t » Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:43 pm

aza484 did you go school in Worcester? Coz you look a LOT like someone who was a few years above me in school...
Frasier the mountie, innit?
-----------------------------

PaleYoungAnglican

Post by PaleYoungAnglican » Sun Oct 25, 2009 3:53 pm

Aza484, any chnace you have an idea on how to play Sons of Liberty, I think it may be in an alternate tuning, or at leasy have some open strings. I'm pretty rubbish unless its in standard chords etc so any help would be ace.

will_t

Post by will_t » Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:40 pm

Nice reference to Death on the Stairs by the Libertines with your name, PaleYoungAnglican...
Frasier the mountie, innit?
-----------------------------

aza484

Post by aza484 » Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:36 am

PaleYoungAnglican wrote:Aza484, any chnace you have an idea on how to play Sons of Liberty, I think it may be in an alternate tuning, or at leasy have some open strings. I'm pretty rubbish unless its in standard chords etc so any help would be ace.
Sorry guys, forgot to check this thread after I accidentally cleared my cookies! I did figure out sons of liberty a couple of weeks ago, I'll see what I can do for you later on when its not 2.30AM, hehe. From what I remember, its actually nearly identical to to take you home; same tuning, pretty much same chord sequence, just with a few little differences.

Check back with youz laterz.

Riggers84

Mr Richards - Solo Acoustic

Post by Riggers84 » Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:10 am

Anyone know the chords for Mr Richards? I know the main verses and chorus but there are some interludes which I am not sure of.

aza484

Post by aza484 » Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:12 am

If you're happy with this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OD6R8ApjVXQ

Then which bits are you unsure of?