UK Arena Tour/ Meet the crowd

If you have a specific question you want me to get back to, put it here and I'll think about it

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

skhmmxi

Re: UK Arena Tour/ Meet the crowd

Post by skhmmxi » Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:12 pm

Pete wrote:I hear the best bet is the new 'Frank Turner New Year's Diet'. You buy as many FT gig tickets as possible, then you simply won't be able to afford to eat for days on end. Good music and the pounds just fall away. Win win.
Learn This One Weird Trick That Celebrity English Country Singers Use To Stay Slim - That They Don't Want You To Know!
218,278,284,419,500,533,558,617-620,710,718,970,980,1000,1143,1216,1303,1321,1384,1441,1464,1518,1527,1545,1595,1611,next:RAH 29/03

Leilalei

Post by Leilalei » Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:16 pm

skhmmxi wrote:So the soundcheck meets are now potluck brunches? Someone brings a pack of Doritos, someone else brings a selection of dips, etc?

I'm so hungry after reading this thread. I pity anyone reading trying to stick to a new diet for 2014.
I am but failing hence all talk about food. The fat roast dinner I just made didnt help either.

Mmmm salad!

I think the potluck/banquets sound perfect :wink:
Never put a sock in a toaster!

reitzel6570

Post by reitzel6570 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:16 pm

Venomous_Bear wrote:when the FTHC plane is a reality (this is going to generate whatthefuckery)
This is actually generating a holyhellyes! Not a plane though. I'm picturing a fan organized busing system that follows the entire tour. Buy a ticket to ride along for as many shows as you like (or that you can before you lose your job and/or get served with divorce papers.

And I would add something to make this comment be on topic, but...meh. Enough has already been said.

darlenet.

Post by darlenet. » Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:38 pm

skhmmxi wrote:Learn This One Weird Trick That Celebrity English Country Singers Use To Stay Slim - That They Don't Want You To Know!
:lol: Dammit, tea just spewed on to the keyboard.
shows? 90 so far...

RickM

Post by RickM » Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:11 pm

Pete wrote:I hear the best bet is the new 'Frank Turner New Year's Diet'. You buy as many FT gig tickets as possible, then you simply won't be able to afford to eat for days on end. Good music and the pounds just fall away. Win win.
I love you just a bit, Pete. :lol:

Bella

Post by Bella » Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:37 pm

]
skhmmxi wrote:
Learn This One Weird Trick That Celebrity English Country Singers Use To Stay Slim - That They Don't Want You To Know!
darlenet. wrote:
:lol: Dammit, tea just spewed on to the keyboard.[/quote

tonic (no gin :( ) just did the same

definitly the best diet suggestion I have seen so far!! :D

Love the idea of the soudcheck thing - weird but true - I enjoy soundchecks!

look forward to the offical annoucement about these and hope I get to try one.

Just wondered - same chaity each time or different? eg: Monday - Breast Cancer, Tuesday - Love Hope Strength, Wednesday - Shelter Thursday - Mental Health, Friday - Mens Health weekend RSPCA?

Bella
x
1084 Kilkenny, 1088 Dublin, 1139 Newport, 1255 Frome, 1301 Southampton, 1303 Bath, 1307 Cork, 1308 Galway, 1310 Dublin, 1324 Dublin. Manchester, Leeds, Bristol, Birmingham, Southampton, 2000 Trees Cave, 2000 Trees Main Stage...many...lots

Bella

Post by Bella » Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:41 pm

reitzel6570 wrote:
Venomous_Bear wrote:when the FTHC plane is a reality (this is going to generate whatthefuckery)
This is actually generating a holyhellyes! Not a plane though. I'm picturing a fan organized busing system that follows the entire tour. Buy a ticket to ride along for as many shows as you like (or that you can before you lose your job and/or get served with divorce papers.

And I would add something to make this comment be on topic, but...meh. Enough has already been said.

New Model Army fans often club together for a minibus to do all the UK tour dates together and book hostels at each place...

I can't drive a minibus - but if we had someone who could I'm sure we do something silmilar ?
Dosn't have to be a UK thing either - was looking at the other dates and wishing someone had organised a car/bus share..

I also hate driving "on the other side" so I'd be useless as a driver (plus I might not have a licence for much longer (*barstewards!*) but did wonder if it was worth organising...???

Bella
x
1084 Kilkenny, 1088 Dublin, 1139 Newport, 1255 Frome, 1301 Southampton, 1303 Bath, 1307 Cork, 1308 Galway, 1310 Dublin, 1324 Dublin. Manchester, Leeds, Bristol, Birmingham, Southampton, 2000 Trees Cave, 2000 Trees Main Stage...many...lots

agirlnamedfred

Post by agirlnamedfred » Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:20 am

This thread makes me wish this forum had a "like" button. For all but the one opinion dissenting from the secretnotsecret plan.

^^ Not to be construed in any way as a complaint about the format of the forum. There's just too much awesome here.

And I'm sorry but Frank >>>>>>> cake.
Re-examine all you have been told at school or church or in any book, dismiss whatever insults your own soul. ~~Walt Whitman

JamesFrancis

Post by JamesFrancis » Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:35 pm

Well, this thread has certainly come a long way since I last read it. Started off about what to do when you meet Frank, went into a rage period and then ended on what food you would pick over Frank. It didn't follow Godwin's law for once though, perhaps it's not long enough...
The world needs to sort the goddamn economy so we can go to the goddamn moon!

Bella

Post by Bella » Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:14 pm

MMmmmm cake....

although I think overall I prefer chocolate... or cake... or cheesecake....

"Cake.. and the finest wines known to humanity"

or pasta
in fact any food from a resteraunt called Pepita in little village in Italy. They do an amazing house special of pasta with truffle, and their Gnocci is so amazing I have no words to tell you how amazing it is except now I can't stop thinking about it...

and their home made icecream....

*sigh*

Italian Food vs Frank... sorry Frank, Italians win :-) ;-)

Bella
x

reitzel6570

Post by reitzel6570 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:41 pm

Jebus you guys are killing me with the cake comments. I gave up sugar the new year. I'll officially break that resolution for a Frank show though. Frank over resolutions and all. Now I just need a tour announcement so I can plan what type of cake to bring to the queue. Can that be a new thing? Cake in the queue?:

LoveStreet

Post by LoveStreet » Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:47 pm

reitzel6570 wrote:Jebus you guys are killing me with the cake comments. I gave up sugar the new year. I'll officially break that resolution for a Frank show though. Frank over resolutions and all. Now I just need a tour announcement so I can plan what type of cake to bring to the queue. Can that be a new thing? Cake in the queue?:
Oh my gosh, brilliant idea! Bring on the cake pops! :wink:
(But our beginnings never know our ends!)

suitcaselife

Post by suitcaselife » Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:58 pm

This is my new favourite thread on the whole website! Awesome!
95 gigs in 21 countries...
moving, keep moving - the tour never stops.

Twitter/Instagram: @MySuitcaseLife

Rubber_Soul

Post by Rubber_Soul » Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:37 pm

I have to admit I do like the idea of doing a whole tour in a mini bus with friends.
My acoustic sessions and history of Addistock gigs etc... - http://addistock.wordpress.com/

Find Addistock on facebook and twitter here - - http://www.facebook.com/AddistockSessions or http://twitter.com/addistock

Blonde

Post by Blonde » Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:59 pm

Rubber_Soul wrote:I have to admit I do like the idea of doing a whole tour in a mini bus with friends.
So do I. My only problem is that I don't have a minibus and I can't drive. But that's a minor issue.

I was going to suggest a tour in a campervan and people camping, but I've done my time driving between gigs and camping.