UK Arena Tour/ Meet the crowd

If you have a specific question you want me to get back to, put it here and I'll think about it

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

RickM

Re: UK Arena Tour/ Meet the crowd

Post by RickM » Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:31 am

ScarletPlanetMoon wrote: I'm being snarky because I told the truth? What would you prefer me to say? 'omg frank I love you marry me!!!!!!!'?
Well... :wink:
Leilalei wrote:As for food or Frank, depends what food but I love food so it is always likely to win ;)
Trifle. Always.

scotty94

Post by scotty94 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:43 am

Well, regardless of folks thoughts for or against the sound check idea (and whether Frank has sold out doing so) which is complete and utter bollocks I would KILL for tickets to Winchester as failed to secure them and would deffo be up for the sound check idea as I wish beyond all hope that half of my favourite bands would even consider this!! Regardless of the fact that I'm not going and was lucky enough to attended the FT BB shelter busk and shoved a shit load of cash into the buckets on the day I may just send some cash shelters way because I would've anyways if I could've secured tickets......after all...it's for CHARITY!! And NOT for Frank to feel loved OR for us fans to feel its our fucking god given right to command his time outside of the gig starting or ending!!!!!! Anyone who thinks otherwise needs to seriously consider their own lives and how much they would give to perform the same tasks FOC as required!!

This used to be one of the coolest boards on the web but is being spoilt by some kiddies stamping their feet and having a tamtrum over stuff they cannot control, if you cannot logistically do a gig or associated add ons then so be it, it's not the end of the world, fuck if I grumbled over half the stuff I've missed over the years from many artists then I would've committed suicide by now....

Frank, I applaud your ethos and wanting to greet and appease as many folks as possible but THIS is a prime example why artists lock themselves away and shun everyone, get on the tour bus and just fuck off to the next venue, I have spent 30 odd years loyally following a certain artist and finally met him a few years back for a natter and a pic! which was amazing but he would never succumb to this so folks should embrace e this generosity go with it embrace it if you can and if not! hope it will happen again when you can attend.

If this offends then just pass on by, not intended as a dig on anyone just an older heads view on the situation x
282, 317, 558, 718, 1078, 1299, 1382, 1407 tbc.....

Blonde

Post by Blonde » Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:33 am

Leilalei wrote: As for food or Frank, depends what food but I love food so it is always likely to win ;)
Cake or Frank...? There is NO contest!

sarahg

Post by sarahg » Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:02 am

Blonde wrote:
Leilalei wrote: As for food or Frank, depends what food but I love food so it is always likely to win ;)
Cake or Frank...? There is NO contest!
Me too, sorry ft, it's all about the cake!

Danlechief

Post by Danlechief » Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:37 am

Just putting it out there.... Lasagne.
"Age is no object if you're in love.

Oh shit what have I just said?"

frank turner, Birmingham, 18th November 2015

ScarletPlanetMoon

Post by ScarletPlanetMoon » Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:07 am

No once did I say I had a right to command Frank's attention, not fucking once.

I'm done here.
I'm no good at thinking of something funny enough for these things.
http://www.hellyeahjlandtss.tumblr.com

Lupemankell

Post by Lupemankell » Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:35 pm

Caramel shortcake.

Sivvy

Post by Sivvy » Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:54 pm

Baked Camembert for me. Sorry Frank.

Leilalei

Post by Leilalei » Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:00 pm

Danlechief wrote:Just putting it out there.... Lasagne.
Oooh yes.
Pasta with a steak chaser
Cake with a side of Creme Eggs

Lets sell our tickets and just go for dinner instead!
;)
Never put a sock in a toaster!

darlenet.

Post by darlenet. » Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:37 pm

Leilalei wrote:Lets sell our tickets and just go for dinner instead!
;)
don't forget the cake.
shows? 90 so far...

darlenet.

Post by darlenet. » Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:16 pm

scotty94 wrote:This used to be one of the coolest boards on the web...
Just to clarify and re-cap: Frank's proposed plan (which hasn't been announced yet) has been met with overwhelming support here by everyone, save one (no offense). I think that's cool.

And he can't hold a candle to cake.
shows? 90 so far...

Venomous_Bear

Post by Venomous_Bear » Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:08 pm

For me, it's a sandwich of any kind, really. Helen knows first-hand of my intense sandwich relationship. ;)

Also cheesecake.

Sorry Frank.

Shit though, Flogging Molly... There will thusly be even more dancing. Meals are going to have to be carefully planned :o

In the future, when the FTHC plane is a reality (this is going to generate whatthefuckery), we shall organize a pre-show banquet (also with tickets for charity), so we can have our cake and eat Frank too.

...wait...

(^^just kidding, seems necessary)

Can we get Cahir to do napkin origami?
Toronto (x3), Hatfield, Derry, London (x2), Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Saskatoon, Winnipeg, Detroit, Buffalo, Boston (x4), Ottawa, Fake London, Nottingham, Manchester, Portsmouth

sarahg

Post by sarahg » Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:52 pm

Venomous_Bear wrote:For me, it's a sandwich of any kind, really. Helen knows first-hand of my intense sandwich relationship. ;)

Also cheesecake.

Sorry Frank.

Shit though, Flogging Molly... There will thusly be even more dancing. Meals are going to have to be carefully planned :o

In the future, when the FTHC plane is a reality (this is going to generate whatthefuckery), we shall organize a pre-show banquet (also with tickets for charity), so we can have our cake and eat Frank too.

...wait...

(^^just kidding, seems necessary)

Can we get Cahir to do napkin origami?
Sounds like a plan, I'm in :)

skhmmxi

Post by skhmmxi » Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:58 pm

So the soundcheck meets are now potluck brunches? Someone brings a pack of Doritos, someone else brings a selection of dips, etc?

I'm so hungry after reading this thread. I pity anyone reading trying to stick to a new diet for 2014.
218,278,284,419,500,533,558,617-620,710,718,970,980,1000,1143,1216,1303,1321,1384,1441,1464,1518,1527,1545,1595,1611,next:RAH 29/03

Pete

Post by Pete » Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:15 pm

I hear the best bet is the new 'Frank Turner New Year's Diet'. You buy as many FT gig tickets as possible, then you simply won't be able to afford to eat for days on end. Good music and the pounds just fall away. Win win.
frank wrote:Think of it like weight-lifting. High notes are heavy weights.