Page 1 of 2

Request for O2 Arena. Feb 12

Posted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:03 pm
by Bridgland9
Frank,

By any chance are the any new Springsteen covers in your set lists?
If so is there any chance you may know Racing in the street? and would do it?

Cheers

Connor

Re: Request for O2 Arena. Feb 12

Posted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:09 am
by frank
Probably going to concentrate on playing my own songs.

Re: Request for O2 Arena. Feb 12

Posted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:27 am
by Evan
I bet you wouldn't ask Bruce Springsteen to cover a Turner song

Re: Request for O2 Arena. Feb 12

Posted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:16 pm
by AliceE67
Evan wrote:I bet you wouldn't ask Bruce Springsteen to cover a Turner song
I would…because i am that kinda girl... :lol: :lol:

Re: Request for O2 Arena. Feb 12

Posted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:34 pm
by skhmmxi
Do you honestly hate Bruce Springsteen so much that you want frank to ruin all his songs? How incredibly bitter. Bruce Springsteen doesn't deserve your irrational hate. You guys need to get some perspective. He's just an ordinary guy trying to make a living.

You all sicken me. Grow up, there's more important things in the world to be angry about.

Re: Request for O2 Arena. Feb 12

Posted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:02 pm
by darlenet.
skhmmxi wrote: You all sicken me. Grow up, there's more important things in the world to be angry about.
As always, the voice of reason.

But I despise Bob Dylan so much, that I wish Frank would cover more of his stuff. A little EP would make me downright ecstatic.

Re: Request for O2 Arena. Feb 12

Posted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:05 pm
by AliceE67
skhmmxi wrote:Do you honestly hate Bruce Springsteen so much that you want frank to ruin all his songs? How incredibly bitter. Bruce Springsteen doesn't deserve your irrational hate. You guys need to get some perspective. He's just an ordinary guy trying to make a living.

You all sicken me. Grow up, there's more important things in the world to be angry about.
I love you…but i still like Frank way more... :wink:

Re: Request for O2 Arena. Feb 12

Posted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:37 pm
by Bridgland9
Frank and Bruce have massive differences,

The only reason I wouldn't ask Springsteen to do a Turner is because I doubt frank is a hero of his (No offence Frank)
Turner has grown up as have the rest of us in this generation listening to some of the greatest Country/rock there is from Bruce. And I imagine, back In the day, Springsteen had and still does have his idols that he'd like to cover occasionally.
And in no way can you say, Frank would ruin a classic song, as he does them justice
, Thunder road. For example, dancing Queen (I know it's not bruce, but an example)


I love bruce, I have Tramps like us on my chest! And i went to his wembley stadium concert in June. And I'll tell you, Springsteen would be glad an artist like frank has covered a songbook or two!

Re: Request for O2 Arena. Feb 12

Posted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:53 pm
by Blonde
Frank is a Springsteen rip-off anyway, so all his songs are like Springsteen covers, just done appallingly.

Re: Request for O2 Arena. Feb 12

Posted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:04 pm
by Bridgland9
I no way is franks music defined as a 'Springsteen Rip off'.
To be fair I'd always thought they'd be similar, seeing as frank is a big follower.
However, until I saw Bruce live it became apparent how different the act is. I saw frank in Bristol this year too. So it's easy to compare. For starters, bruce pulled off a 4hr concert, in front of 100k people with a 17 piece (I think) band behind in the E-Street.

Where as Frank has developed his success with a considerably smaller band with completely different instruments.

So no way can you call Frank a cheap rip off of the boss

Re: Request for O2 Arena. Feb 12

Posted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:46 pm
by darlenet.
Bridgland9 wrote: So no way can you call Frank a cheap rip off of the boss
But I believe everything Blonde says. She's very serious and reliable.

Re: Request for O2 Arena. Feb 12

Posted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:06 am
by reitzel6570
Bridgland9 wrote:And I imagine, back In the day, Springsteen had and still does have his idols that he'd like to cover occasionally.
You guys are twisting my arm and forcing me to talk about Springsteen on this forum again...
Covers are my favorite part of a show. Bruce does a lot of them. Sometimes a regional one, and sometimes off a random sign request in the crowd. 04/22/2009: Tiny little post-it sized sign held up by a kid in the Boston crowd. Two minute band conference and then they break into the Ramones, I Wanna Be Sedated. Greatest. Concert. Moment. Ever. Pardon me while I run off and watch that video again.

And yes, I would totally ask Bruce to cover Frank.

Re: Request for O2 Arena. Feb 12

Posted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:57 am
by Gleena
Bridgland9 wrote:I no way is franks music defined as a 'Springsteen Rip off'.
To be fair I'd always thought they'd be similar, seeing as frank is a big follower.
However, until I saw Bruce live it became apparent how different the act is. I saw frank in Bristol this year too. So it's easy to compare. For starters, bruce pulled off a 4hr concert, in front of 100k people with a 17 piece (I think) band behind in the E-Street.

Where as Frank has developed his success with a considerably smaller band with completely different instruments.

So no way can you call Frank a cheap rip off of the boss
Well yeah. Huge rip off. Especially the playing the harmonica thing.

Re: Request for O2 Arena. Feb 12

Posted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:53 am
by marowak
its like asking oasis to cover the beatles ;)

Re: Request for O2 Arena. Feb 12

Posted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:47 pm
by Evan
Bridgland9 wrote:I no way is franks music defined as a 'Springsteen Rip off'.
To be fair I'd always thought they'd be similar, seeing as frank is a big follower.
However, until I saw Bruce live it became apparent how different the act is. I saw frank in Bristol this year too. So it's easy to compare. For starters, bruce pulled off a 4hr concert, in front of 100k people with a 17 piece (I think) band behind in the E-Street.

Where as Frank has developed his success with a considerably smaller band with completely different instruments.

So no way can you call Frank a cheap rip off of the boss

I think you have clearly missed the point...

It is insulting to request a cover version. It basically says "I prefer this to any of your songs", which is akin to meeting the Pope and asking him to recite a few of your favorite passages from the Koran. This is Frank's biggest headline show to date, and I would guess that the vast majority of people going are not in the least bit interested in hearing an obscure Springsteen album track.