Writing a book?

If you have a specific question you want me to get back to, put it here and I'll think about it

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

ManchesterSocialClub

Writing a book?

Post by ManchesterSocialClub » Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:04 pm

Hey Frank, have you ever given thought to writing a book or releasing a journal? Brilliant show last night in LA by the way! Cheers - Nate

frank
Site Admin

Re: Writing a book?

Post by frank » Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:17 pm

yeah i've thought about doing some tour diaries, even started working on it for a while once. life kept getting in the way though. one day.
Shows? All of em.

"He's like an Uncle, I like him but I don't want to listen to him all day."

LoveStreet

Post by LoveStreet » Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:07 pm

I'd like to see a book of poetry, if you've ever dabbled in it.
(But our beginnings never know our ends!)

ScarletPlanetMoon

Post by ScarletPlanetMoon » Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:22 pm

LoveStreet wrote:I'd like to see a book of poetry, if you've ever dabbled in it.
I would be too. But then again, some of his lyrics are pretty much poetry anyway!
I'm no good at thinking of something funny enough for these things.
http://www.hellyeahjlandtss.tumblr.com

LoveStreet

Post by LoveStreet » Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:31 pm

ScarletPlanetMoon wrote:
LoveStreet wrote:I'd like to see a book of poetry, if you've ever dabbled in it.
I would be too. But then again, some of his lyrics are pretty much poetry anyway!
They're close, but poetry is a different form of art.

ScarletPlanetMoon

Post by ScarletPlanetMoon » Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:55 pm

LoveStreet wrote:
ScarletPlanetMoon wrote:
They're close, but poetry is a different form of art.
I know...
My first experience of Tape Deck Heart was reading the lyric booklet (on the bus, on my way to see Frank as it happens!) and I couldn't help but be blown away by how amazing they were just read.
I'm no good at thinking of something funny enough for these things.
http://www.hellyeahjlandtss.tumblr.com

LoveStreet

Post by LoveStreet » Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:18 pm

[/quote]I know...
My first experience of Tape Deck Heart was reading the lyric booklet (on the bus, on my way to see Frank as it happens!) and I couldn't help but be blown away by how amazing they were just read.[/quote]

I know what you're saying. Wherefore Art Thou Gene Simmons plays to me like spoken word with instrumentals backing it. Like Jim Morrison's "An American Prayer" album.

Evan

Post by Evan » Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:35 pm

I read some of the tour diary stuff. It was pretty lame:
"I went on stage and played some songs. Managed a particularly good G# - not once, not twice, but thrice. Felt like Brian fucking May. After the show I did the kind of pee that could flood a small village. A girl tried to kiss me but I told her I had herpes."
Beverley, Birmingham, Blackheath, Boston, Cheltenham, Dublin, Donington, Guildford, Hatfield, Hoboken, Knebworth, Latitude, Leamington Spa, London, Manchester, New York, Nottingham, Oxford, Reading, Sayreville, Sheffield, Southend, Wembley, Wolverhampton.

DaveHughes

Post by DaveHughes » Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:57 pm

Evan wrote:I read some of the tour diary stuff. It was pretty lame:
"I went on stage and played some songs. Managed a particularly good G# - not once, not twice, but thrice. Felt like Brian fucking May. After the show I did the kind of pee that could flood a small village. A girl tried to kiss me but I told her I had herpes."
I think you should Ghost write it.

LoveStreet

Post by LoveStreet » Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:01 pm

DaveHughes wrote:
I second this idea.

Evan

Post by Evan » Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:06 am

LoveStreet wrote:
DaveHughes wrote:
I second this idea.

I am not even joking. I read a rough draft of what he had done and it was all about how great he can play a G# and all the girls he has kissed. Oh, and me. There was an awful lot about me and how much I influence everything he does.
Beverley, Birmingham, Blackheath, Boston, Cheltenham, Dublin, Donington, Guildford, Hatfield, Hoboken, Knebworth, Latitude, Leamington Spa, London, Manchester, New York, Nottingham, Oxford, Reading, Sayreville, Sheffield, Southend, Wembley, Wolverhampton.