Daniel Bryan

If you have a specific question you want me to get back to, put it here and I'll think about it

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

Owen

Daniel Bryan

Post by Owen » Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:26 pm

I read somewhere today that WWE Superstar Daniel Bryan is a big FT fan, and he's supposedly sent you tickets to a WWE event in November?

A few questions, is this true? Are you a wrestling fan at all and would you agree Bryan has a tremendous beard?

(In good spirit, a simple yes isn't acceptable, you have to do a Daniel Bryan YES! YES! YES!)

Bella

Re: Daniel Bryan

Post by Bella » Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:23 pm

So you didn't see Frank cook savoury scones then ;-)

the ticket thing is approx 48 mins in

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLTsK7Kqz6s

and if you check Frank's gig listings...

http://frank-turner.com/live-gigs/

you will see that Channel 4 didn't - Frank is in the USA playing shows or traveling for all of (October and) November

:D

its worth watching the whole show btw - some totally surreal moments

Bella
x
1084 Kilkenny, 1088 Dublin, 1139 Newport, 1255 Frome, 1301 Southampton, 1303 Bath, 1307 Cork, 1308 Galway, 1310 Dublin, 1324 Dublin. Manchester, Leeds, Bristol, Birmingham, Southampton, 2000 Trees Cave, 2000 Trees Main Stage...many...lots

frank
Site Admin

Post by frank » Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:25 pm

Owen wrote:I read somewhere today that WWE Superstar Daniel Bryan is a big FT fan, and he's supposedly sent you tickets to a WWE event in November?

A few questions, is this true? Are you a wrestling fan at all and would you agree Bryan has a tremendous beard?

(In good spirit, a simple yes isn't acceptable, you have to do a Daniel Bryan YES! YES! YES!)

Yes I did get tickets, but I can't go. I don't really know anything about wrestling but DB seems like a cool guy. We are working on hanging out.
Shows? All of em.

"He's like an Uncle, I like him but I don't want to listen to him all day."

oakworth

Post by oakworth » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:12 am

Watched the scone baking. Fundamental problem in them giving you the wrestling tickets was the assumption that there are nights when you're not on stage!

SPUN

Post by SPUN » Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:18 pm

Great to hear that he's a fan. I really didn't need another reason to like Daniel Bryan. Back in 2002 after ECW was bought up some of the bookers and talent started a company called Ring Of Honor with a focus on strong style(harder hitting) wrestling. Brian Danielson(DB at the time) along with Low Ki and Christopher Daniels restored my faith in the art of great wrestling. I traveled from NH to Philly for a few years to watch ECW, met and drove many of the wrestlers to and from the arena and the airport. So when that ended there was a hole in my schedule. Later when ROH started I kept my expectations low and was totally blown away. ROH had some of the best matches that I have ever seen. They specialized in wrestling, not sports entertainment(my friend calls it As The Ring Turns),and I traveled back to Philly every month or so. If you are into good wrestling check out Era of Honor Begins Danielson/ Low Ki/ Daniels or and amazing 75 minute match from Testing The Limits with Danielson vs. Austin Aries(one of my all time favorite matches from any promotion).

As Good As It Gets

Post by As Good As It Gets » Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:03 am

Frank has a day off today, if he so desired he could make the short drive to watch the Smackdown taping at the Mohegan Sun Arena Uncasville, CT tonight to hook up with Daniel Bryan. :D
43. 2nd February 2006 @ Jax Bar, Hartlepool

The day Frank came & played for me!

simli

Post by simli » Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:08 pm

Nice to see i'm not the only one to have a "Truman Show" moment when seeing the news, seeing that my favourite musician and wrestler are suddenly in the same article.
mixing the indie-born wreslting star with the indie-born music star is great for business, mostly for Turner, Daniel Bryan is pretty much the most over (popular at the moment) wrestler in WWE, with millions of fans that mostly arent really in-touch with current folk-rock music, allot of them are kids and teenagers, seeing WWE last reported rating statistics and marchendise sales. And so this is an amazing way to grow both your fan base and your "name power", with countless of kids that will grow up with your name in their sub-conscious. More then doing a duet, and when hearing Danielson's "collaboration" with Kimya Dawson you understand no musical benefit will come from this project, I would really like to see Turner record Danielson's theme song. In wrestling A fitting theme song becomes synonymous to the wrestler it is attached to, played on primetime tv every week, at least once, and is showcased on WWE pretty popular console games. so do it! plus, The Queen Is Dead, can work good on WWE breast-cancer campaign, in a absurdic-morbid kind of way...

and not on the subject but just to finish things up - COME BACK TO ISRAEL!

Artbaretta

Post by Artbaretta » Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:33 pm

Yeah, I caught this back in December 2011 (just before DB's popularity started edging towards nuclear) when he tweeted a photo with some FT lyrics attached to it. I asked:

"@WWEDanielBryan Hey sir. You a Frank Turner fan? That last tweet seemed to reference Love Ire & Song..."

The reply?
"@artbaretta HUGE Frank Turner fan... Love, Ire & Song is one of my favorite albums of all time!"

So, that was pretty great.