Your I-pod.

If you have a specific question you want me to get back to, put it here and I'll think about it

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

BringTheBalls

Re: Your I-pod.

Post by BringTheBalls » Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:26 pm

Cassie wrote:My top 5...are terribly depressing. Had no idea til just now.
1 Broken Piano
2 Welcome to - Ani Difranco
3 Anymore
4 Four Simple Words (yay a happy song!)
5 Independence Day - Ani Difranco

OOOoooooohohhh. I've been meaning to get into Ani Difranco recently. Is there any particular albums you'd recommend?
X

dejamoo

Post by dejamoo » Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:59 pm

i got my current iPod about a year ago, so that's the timeframe for this top 5-

1. Crazy - The Afghan Whigs
2. Til I Am Myself Again - Blue Rodeo
3. Sleepwalker - The Wallflowers
4. Adrenaline Nightshift - Japandroids
5. From Here On Out - The Killers

jonnyofthemagi

Post by jonnyofthemagi » Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:03 pm

I Am Disappeared
Prufrock...
Love Ire & Song
Jet Lag
I Still Believe

Wow haha The top 8 are all Frank.

Cassie

Post by Cassie » Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:02 pm

BringTheBalls wrote:
Cassie wrote:My top 5...are terribly depressing. Had no idea til just now.
1 Broken Piano
2 Welcome to - Ani Difranco
3 Anymore
4 Four Simple Words (yay a happy song!)
5 Independence Day - Ani Difranco

OOOoooooohohhh. I've been meaning to get into Ani Difranco recently. Is there any particular albums you'd recommend?
X
Kind of funny.. I started to reply to you, and deleted everything I said because I was giving you way more info than you asked for. I've taken a journey with my girl Ani. I've been a fan of hers so long it's hard to recommend an album to start. That's like asking me to recommend a good chapter to start at in my favorite book. I'd say chapter 1, duh. That being said, start with "Little Plastic Castle". It's the first time she recorded with a full band. And it includes some of my all time favorite songs, like Independence Day, Gravel, As Is, Swan Dive, Pulse.

But you will miss some really good early work if you start there and move forward. So... in 2007 she released "Canon", a 2 disc remake of older songs that she went back and changed the arrangements and rerecorded, and it came out beautiful with much more musical depth than the early acoustic versions. It's like the older more experienced Ani went and whispered in young Ani's ear and told her what she could do to take her music to the next level. Kind of a best of/greatest hits, but it's more best of, improved for your listening pleasure. So that album would catch you up on some of her really amazing early work that you will have missed without having to go back and get 10 albums. It includes God's Country, You Had Time, Buildings and Bridges, Overlap...all phenomenal. Reveling and Reckoning is also a masterpiece. It includes Fierce Flawless, So What, and School Night which are required listening. Youtube those songs if you don't buy the album. The lyrics are undeniably some of the best lyrics I have ever heard and really showcases her songwriting talent. Sorry for the long response. She's just so amazing, I could clearly go on forever.

Blonde

Post by Blonde » Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:46 pm

My original ipod has this top 5:

1. The Alarum - Dive Dive
2. One Foot Before The Other - FT
3. The Real Damage - FT
4. Name and Number - Dive Dive
5. Prufrock - FT

I really thought it would be more varied than that. I'm actually quite shocked.

I got a new ipod for Christmas and this is the top 5 from that:

1. Recovery - FT
2. Beasts - Max Raptor
3. Whirring - Joy Formidable
4. Atlases - Jim Lockey
5. Sabotage - Cancer Bats

inca

Post by inca » Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:15 am

My top five

Avoiding catatonic surrender tim barry
Church of level track tim barry
death bed gaz brookfield
Dog bumped tim barry
Limelight gaz brookfield
I still believe and a cover of christmas at tesco by frank at 6 & 7

Surprisingly little variety there considering the range of artists on the device. Top 25 includes biffy creed sandi thom sterophonics rolling stones and zac brown band among others

Blonde

Post by Blonde » Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:12 pm

inca wrote: Surprisingly little variety there considering the range of artists on the device. Top 25 includes biffy creed sandi thom sterophonics rolling stones and zac brown band among others
Same with mine, but thinking about it, I'm quite indecisive about which album to listen to so tend to put mine on shuffle alot. This means I've got loads of songs with only a few plays and anything I listen to more than a few times, rises quite quickly to the top of a list like this. Even on my old ipod, which I'd had for 5 years, nothing had been played more than 40 times.

smithyramfan

Post by smithyramfan » Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:43 pm

My Ipod has a habit of deleting everything on it every couple of weeks since I left it out in the sun for too long one day. If I remember correctly my old top 5 was...

1. Redemption - FT
2. Song About Death - JL&TSL
3. Disco 2000 - Pulp
4. The Wild Ones - Suede
5. We're Breaking Up - Against Me!
crap at dancing and can't hold my drink...
Shows: Lincoln 24/11/12, Nottingham 09/02/14, Y Not Festival 03/08/14

Stoeszy

Post by Stoeszy » Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:41 pm

1 - Frank Turner , The Way I Tend To Be. 2 - Elessar Thiessen , Grace Under Fire ( you tube ) 3 - Less than Jake , The Brightest bulb has burned out / Screws fall out. 4 - Neil Young , White Line. 5 - Sun kil Moon , Carry Me Ohio