Uk dates

If you have a specific question you want me to get back to, put it here and I'll think about it

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

Venomous_Bear

Re: Uk dates

Post by Venomous_Bear » Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:47 pm

He's playing the Postal Service and it's slaying my heart right now :/ I was steering clear. He is also psychic re: playlists, apparently.
Toronto (x3), Hatfield, Derry, London (x2), Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Saskatoon, Winnipeg, Detroit, Buffalo, Boston (x4), Ottawa, Fake London, Nottingham, Manchester, Portsmouth

moomin

Post by moomin » Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:19 pm

moomin wrote:
agirlnamedfred wrote:

like this?
I look EXACTLY like a cat. How did you know? Are my privacy settings too lax?

Ironically, not long after I posted this, Frank posted a link to a new blog on Facebook (about the tour and questions he's been bombarded with).
its the way you type

plus I have super spy skills which I used to hunt you down, you were in a movie after all

Gleena

Post by Gleena » Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:03 am

agirlnamedfred wrote:
Venomous_Bear wrote:Yes, Frank, we've come from trying to save you time, to asking if you can keep doing the stuff you stopped doing because you are busy doing the other stuff. All within the course of about a page of forum deliberation. ;) you're welcome! Hahaha
If we could just clone him he could go back to playing everyone's birthday parties AND save himself time!
That's a win/win. Do another clone that does nothing but mirror UK dates in Australia.
Yank at large, hiding in London
https://twitter.com/Gleena
Shows: 32 in five countries and on the ocean.

Gleena

Post by Gleena » Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:39 pm

agirlnamedfred wrote:There are three things that make me a rabid FT fan:

1) Music, obviously;
2) The things not exactly directly related to the music but definitely incorporated within it, specifically how clearly intelligent and well-educated (self education as much as anything formal) and the ethos this creates within music and interviews; and
3) The way he makes one feel like they are "part" of something. The twitter updates, this forum, the blog back when he updated it regularly (::raises eyebrows imploringly::), silly little videos and interviews that invite us into his inner circle like the "how to pack for a tour" video yesterday, inclusion of other people's art in Tape Deck Art, and of course the live shows, audience participation, words used to make us feel like fucking equals, "magic" created when everyone sings at the same time, accessibility after the show...it all goes together and supplements 1 and 2 and makes, in my opinion, Frank Turner, musician, into something much more than just the sum of his songs. Maybe it's all an act and I'm the most naive sucker ever, but I think it's very genuine. As much as a royal PITA as his emails surely must be some day, and as understandable as it would be for him to "delegate" them, I for one am glad he doesn't. I think it would detract from number 3.

Once again I've rambled, sorry.
I bring this up to add this and say, Frank, thank you.

http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/mus ... 2srek.html

Show me the money: what big bucks buys

PINK September 1-5, Allphones Arena; True Love VIP Party Package: ticketek.com.au, $399.90.

Includes VIP entrance, pre-show function; exclusive tour gift, laminate, on-site host.

RIHANNA October 3-4, Allphones Arena; Diamonds Ultimate VIP Party Package, ticketek.com.au, $550.

Includes Seat in first 10 rows, pre-show function; exclusive tour gift, early access to merchandise, on-site host.

ONE DIRECTION October 5-6, 23-26, Allphones Arena; Sound Check Party, ticketek.com.au, $399.

Includes A seat in first 10 rows, pre-show sound check, refreshments afterwards, program and laminate.

FLEETWOOD MAC November 10-11, Entertainment Centre; Dreams: Ultimate VIP Party Package,ticketmaster.com.au, $950.

Includes Front-row seat, VIP function, best-of album, VIP merchandise, gift pack, poster, laminate, on-site host.

JUSTIN BIEBER November 29-30, Allphones Arena; VIP Justin Bieber Experience, $494.10.

Includes Seat in first five rows, VIP check-in, tour gift bag, meet and greet and photo with Bieber in groups of six.
Yank at large, hiding in London
https://twitter.com/Gleena
Shows: 32 in five countries and on the ocean.

reitzel6570

Post by reitzel6570 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:32 pm

overall the benefits of it massively outweigh the drawbacks, so i'm happy to keep going.
I'm glad you feel this way, and I hope it means that the positive feedback you're getting via the various social media is a much higher percentage than the negative. Brian Fallon has disabled his Twitter and Instagram. Just speculating it's because of the shit ton of abuse he's gotten on there. And that's just sad. I want to reach through the interwebs and slap people who abuse others via their keyboards.