Uk dates

If you have a specific question you want me to get back to, put it here and I'll think about it

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

Evan

Re: Uk dates

Post by Evan » Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:51 am

sewer samuel wrote:fingers crossed for a dover date.

Dover? Where the hell is there to play in Dover?
Beverley, Birmingham, Blackheath, Boston, Cheltenham, Dublin, Donington, Guildford, Hatfield, Hoboken, Knebworth, Latitude, Leamington Spa, London, Manchester, New York, Nottingham, Oxford, Reading, Sayreville, Sheffield, Southend, Wembley, Wolverhampton.

drinkthesunshinezine

Post by drinkthesunshinezine » Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:35 pm

At the castle, on the edge of the white cliffs or aboard a P&O ferry I assume.
Behind The Scene Gloucestershire - a free monthly online music fanzine http://issuu.com/gloszine

frank
Site Admin

Post by frank » Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:05 pm

Gleena wrote:
moomin wrote: Are they real? Or for real?
Given the shit I see he gets on Twitter and Facebook, I'm pretty sure they are not only real but legion. And that's just what's public. His e-mail must be a sucking black hole some days.
HA. I long, sometimes, to publish a book of some of the mails I get. But it wouldn't be right or kind. Still though, there are a fair few that have me headbutting my keyboard.
Shows? All of em.

"He's like an Uncle, I like him but I don't want to listen to him all day."

moomin

Post by moomin » Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:25 pm

frank wrote:
Gleena wrote:
Given the shit I see he gets on Twitter and Facebook, I'm pretty sure they are not only real but legion. And that's just what's public. His e-mail must be a sucking black hole some days.
HA. I long, sometimes, to publish a book of some of the mails I get. But it wouldn't be right or kind. Still though, there are a fair few that have me headbutting my keyboard.
us fans are clearly crazy beasts

Tomasz

Post by Tomasz » Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:58 am

frank wrote:
Gleena wrote:
HA. I long, sometimes, to publish a book of some of the mails I get..
How about you publish a book of tour diaries instead eh? ;)
Pete wrote:Sometimes, I wish I was a dog on a swing.

moomin

Post by moomin » Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:09 am

I really don't get the fascination with tour diaries
someone please explain

DaveHughes

Post by DaveHughes » Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:14 am

frank wrote:
Gleena wrote:

Hold off on it till you're not popular any more, then you've nothing to lose.

2014 best seller, I guarantee.

Gleena

Post by Gleena » Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:29 am

frank wrote:
Gleena wrote:
It must be like being nibbled to death by ducks.
Yank at large, hiding in London
https://twitter.com/Gleena
Shows: 32 in five countries and on the ocean.

Baudelaire

Post by Baudelaire » Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:33 pm

I have a Chrome extension that changes the word keyboard to leopard, this is one of the times when it pays off.

Helium

Post by Helium » Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:17 pm

Baudelaire wrote:I have a Chrome extension that changes the word keyboard to leopard, this is one of the times when it pays off.

Amazing.
10: 18/03, 27/08, 04/12, 31/12
11: 17/2, 21/4, 13/5 16/5, 7/7, 26/8 (x2), 24/11, 26/11, 27/11
12: 13/4, 7/7, 12/11, 13/11, 17/11
13: 17/4, 19/4, 11/7, 12/7
14: 7/2, 9/2, 12/2, 28/9
15: 24/3, 27/8, 15/11, 23/11
16: 23/11, 13/12, 15/12
18: 8/5, 13/5

jonnyofthemagi

Post by jonnyofthemagi » Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:49 pm

I sure hope tickets will be on sale after I'm back from Reading, don't want to miss out :P

Bella

Post by Bella » Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:26 pm

Baudelaire wrote:I have a Chrome extension that changes the word keyboard to leopard, this is one of the times when it pays off.

This gave me serious giggles :-) Thank you!!

Right! - I'm not allowed to book tickets to anything else till I have FT dates! :D :) :lol:

Bella
x
1084 Kilkenny, 1088 Dublin, 1139 Newport, 1255 Frome, 1301 Southampton, 1303 Bath, 1307 Cork, 1308 Galway, 1310 Dublin, 1324 Dublin. Manchester, Leeds, Bristol, Birmingham, Southampton, 2000 Trees Cave, 2000 Trees Main Stage...many...lots

Venomous_Bear

Post by Venomous_Bear » Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:11 am

moomin wrote:I really don't get the fascination with tour diaries
someone please explain
For the newer ones, I think I can summarize fairly succinctly with two words: Cahir O'Doherty.

For the older ones, it's just really cool to get a window into a life that varies so much from my own, personally. Neat to see what happens behind the scenes. Also, they are hilarious. Pure entertainment, with a bit of education in there.
drinkthesunshinezine wrote:At the castle, on the edge of the white cliffs or aboard a P&O ferry I assume.
Hahaha, amazing!!
Toronto (x3), Hatfield, Derry, London (x2), Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Saskatoon, Winnipeg, Detroit, Buffalo, Boston (x4), Ottawa, Fake London, Nottingham, Manchester, Portsmouth

Venomous_Bear

Post by Venomous_Bear » Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:22 am

frank wrote:
Gleena wrote:
In all seriousness, I know you want to remain accessible to your fans, but you should restrict access to your email and link it to a comments page on this site (separate from the Forum). Likely you have thought of this and ruled it out, but... simple coding....prompt the user with "are you SURE you need to bother Mr. Turner with this?" before submission. Then refer back through the FAQ, asks two verification questions to ensure they've read the FAQ (haha), and then filters through the content to ensure they're not messaging about something not specifically ruled out BY the FAQ (this part is harder, but possible). Fairly simple workflow to set up, and easier for your filtering. Then your time would be better spent on the questions that actually need answering.

You could also build this amazing feature in:
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=is+the+Frank+Turne ... ll+ages%3F
for a fun, witty, passive-aggressive vibe.

You could even have it so that the context of the email needs to be stated, and say they clicked on "Questions about Upcoming Shows", they had to select the show in question from a drop-down menu, and a link to the best possible information source for the show could pop up as a suggestion...for example, "is [random show] all ages?" will likely be answered on either the venue or ticketing website. This would require admin, of course, but not hard to set up when you announce dates, as long as you can guarantee the links won't change. And you could use us as testers/gauges to ensure everything was working ok.

I would also recommend that you have a secretly coded category in there for forumites (i.e. "Capos", or something less obvious than "Frank's Ego Basket") where we could leave you long-winded, detailed compliments that you could read when you are having a bad day. Rather than have us email them to you. Because...sometimes we email them to you and we're really sorry.

Nerded out there for a few. It's just...ahh. I can't even imagine how many emails you get, and this would help. I have another idea but this is long and may be useless if it's something you've considered and ruled out.
Toronto (x3), Hatfield, Derry, London (x2), Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Saskatoon, Winnipeg, Detroit, Buffalo, Boston (x4), Ottawa, Fake London, Nottingham, Manchester, Portsmouth

h26

Post by h26 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:29 pm

Venomous_Bear wrote:
frank wrote:
In all seriousness, I know you want to remain accessible to your fans, but you should restrict access to your email and link it to a comments page on this site (separate from the Forum). Likely you have thought of this and ruled it out, but... simple coding....prompt the user with "are you SURE you need to bother Mr. Turner with this?" before submission. Then refer back through the FAQ, asks two verification questions to ensure they've read the FAQ (haha), and then filters through the content to ensure they're not messaging about something not specifically ruled out BY the FAQ (this part is harder, but possible). Fairly simple workflow to set up, and easier for your filtering. Then your time would be better spent on the questions that actually need answering.

You could also build this amazing feature in:
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=is+the+Frank+Turne ... ll+ages%3F
for a fun, witty, passive-aggressive vibe.

You could even have it so that the context of the email needs to be stated, and say they clicked on "Questions about Upcoming Shows", they had to select the show in question from a drop-down menu, and a link to the best possible information source for the show could pop up as a suggestion...for example, "is [random show] all ages?" will likely be answered on either the venue or ticketing website. This would require admin, of course, but not hard to set up when you announce dates, as long as you can guarantee the links won't change. And you could use us as testers/gauges to ensure everything was working ok.

I would also recommend that you have a secretly coded category in there for forumites (i.e. "Capos", or something less obvious than "Frank's Ego Basket") where we could leave you long-winded, detailed compliments that you could read when you are having a bad day. Rather than have us email them to you. Because...sometimes we email them to you and we're really sorry.

Nerded out there for a few. It's just...ahh. I can't even imagine how many emails you get, and this would help. I have another idea but this is long and may be useless if it's something you've considered and ruled out.
or just change your email address and not tell anyone the new one? :roll:
Shows? nowhere near enough of 'em!