Reading!... and me probably being over observant :s

If you have a specific question you want me to get back to, put it here and I'll think about it

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

Gdh1091

Reading!... and me probably being over observant :s

Post by Gdh1091 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:53 pm

Hi Frank,

Loving the new album... Mr. Bubble doesn't stand a chance in this match up. ;)

I wanted to ask you about Reading (and Leeds) festival. I believe you've said yourself you have a bit of a love affair with the festival and it's organisers, it being the festival you went to when you were a teenager and all. I was wondering what you thought of the changes that have been made to the festival this year, with the addition of new stages and (in my opinion) a much greater emphasis on dance music than previous years. Now... I've always seen Reading and Leeds as rock festivals; are you maybe a little concerned that the organisers might be trying to go in a different direction in order to sell tickets faster (R+L have taken a while to sell out in resent years)? I'd hate to see R+L go the way of V festival. :(

On a lighter note I was wondering your opinion on Biffy Clyro being given a headline slot, considered a surprising choice by many... recon they're up to the task? I felt that maybe you were the man to ask seeing as you toured with them, even if it was a while ago now.

Finally... On a completely different note... I've noticed a few things, you changing your twitter name away from @fthc and there being no sign of the FTHC cross on the new album art... are you steering away from the FTHC image? and if so, any particular reason why?

Cheers,
Graham.

frank
Site Admin

Re: Reading!... and me probably being over observant :s

Post by frank » Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:34 am

Hi graham. Wasn't actually aware that there were changes to r&l this year. Will investigate. Biffy will do a great job, I think. The FTHC thing, uh, no nothing conscious. The twitter handle was changing to my actual name (you wouldn't believe how shirty some people got about that - it's my name, ferchrissakes). Artwork, just a different aesthetic is all.
Shows? All of em.

"He's like an Uncle, I like him but I don't want to listen to him all day."

minidazzler

Post by minidazzler » Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:13 am

frank wrote:Hi graham. Wasn't actually aware that there were changes to r&l this year. Will investigate. Biffy will do a great job, I think. The FTHC thing, uh, no nothing conscious. The twitter handle was changing to my actual name (you wouldn't believe how shirty some people got about that - it's my name, ferchrissakes). Artwork, just a different aesthetic is all.
Yeah, it's your name but you totally belong to us now, and you can't make changes without asking permission.... Also, Broken Piano, WTF Frank, no new directions unless announced months before and anticipated.... sheesh...

(Here's hoping the sarcasm bleeds through.)
I'd rather be the one who loves than to be loved and never even know.

Blonde

Post by Blonde » Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:29 am

Gdh1091 wrote:I was wondering what you thought of the changes that have been made to the festival this year, with the addition of new stages and (in my opinion) a much greater emphasis on dance music than previous years.
The whole stage dedicated to dance music music means the Lock Up Stage is on all 3 days which is a fantastic thing.

Gdh1091

Post by Gdh1091 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:56 am

Blonde wrote:
Gdh1091 wrote:I was wondering what you thought of the changes that have been made to the festival this year, with the addition of new stages and (in my opinion) a much greater emphasis on dance music than previous years.
The whole stage dedicated to dance music music means the Lock Up Stage is on all 3 days which is a fantastic thing.
Very very true, tbh I may be getting a little over worried; it's just the lineup this year has something about it which is a lot less Reading-like... if you see what I mean.

Extra day of lock up is awesome though. It would be great to see Beans in there, and maybe a few more of Frank's to touring buddies; Jim Lockey maybe??

Thanks for the answers Frank! :D