Page 3 of 6

Re: Tattoos

Posted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:01 pm
by moomin
Bella wrote::cry: Sorry
... :cry: ... Sorry
.. ... .... ... Sorry :cry:










Um - pretty good though - The Weakerthans..? I have mentioned before that I like them...

only got two of their albums so far, but I'm working on getting the others...

John K Samson's album - also amazing....

Please forgive me?

Bella
x
I am sucker for tears so ok ok ok forgiven
stop crying already argh


John K Samson is going to be looked into if he has songs about cats? ;)

so anyway nice tats Frank

Re: Tattoos

Posted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:58 pm
by metronome
Bella wrote:Frank's German interview...

nice camera pan over the tattoos including the new one :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnRt_Hf4_8E

Bella
x
Nice, don't suppose anybody could translate/give the gist of what he's saying? I can't hear it behind the German overdubbing... :?

Re: Tattoos

Posted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:10 pm
by Craven
Looks like Bella can add another one to her list!

Will this link work?
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =3&theater

If not, try this one:
https://www.facebook.com/frankturnermusic/photos_stream

Re: Tattoos

Posted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:22 am
by Venomous_Bear
Wait wait wait... FRANK TURNER has a NASCAR tattoo??? And an Earnhardt one at that?? As a white trash Canadian NASCAR freak, this is freaking incredible to me.

Even if that's not the reason, fuck yes.

Re: Tattoos

Posted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:34 am
by Venomous_Bear
darlenet. wrote:
agirlnamedfred wrote:My problem is there are far too many great thinkers, poets, and musicians to pick the first (and only?) to commemorate with a tattoo.

And I'm a chickenshit.
I had been really debating about the choice for my first tattoo because it seemed like a massive decision. (Like losing your virginity except I wanted to be choosier this time around :wink: ) So the perfect choice was one incorporating my kids' names. But now that the first is done, it's "game on!"

darlene
It is a tough decision, as there are so many amazing lyrics to choose from, Frank's and others!

The first one I got was a copy of my dog's paw after she passed... We took a cast so it would be the correct size and shape, and I thought it was a nice way to keep her with me.

I got "life is a journey, not a destination" down the length of my torso, which hurt like a motherfucker. A little for Aerosmith (Joe freaking Perry), but mostly because it's so true, and it reminds me to stop waiting for life to start.

I have a bunch more planned that are starting this weekend, including my first Frank lyrics (there will be two at least), the first being a very special verse from the Road <3

Re: Tattoos

Posted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:49 am
by darlenet.
Venomous_Bear wrote:The first one I got was a copy of my dog's paw after she passed... We took a cast so it would be the correct size and shape, and I thought it was a nice way to keep her with me.
How cool! I love this idea. Such a meaningful tribute. Hmmm, now you've got me thinking.....

darlene

Re: Tattoos

Posted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:03 am
by Gleena
Someone is sketching out the Lady Justice, all badass with her blindfold, sword and scales for me. I'm hoping to get it in the next couple of months. That will be my first one.

When I finish my law degree I'll put the date under her feet.

It's to remind me that I'm putting in all this effort so I get justice for people who might not otherwise. I refuse to be a corporate whore. I can do that without the effort.

Re: Tattoos

Posted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:34 am
by Venomous_Bear
darlenet. wrote:
Venomous_Bear wrote:The first one I got was a copy of my dog's paw after she passed... We took a cast so it would be the correct size and shape, and I thought it was a nice way to keep her with me.
How cool! I love this idea. Such a meaningful tribute. Hmmm, now you've got me thinking.....

darlene
Well thanks!! She was a golden retriever and pretty much the kindest soul I've ever met. Loved life, that pup.

Re: the lady justice one, that sounds amazing!!! So freaking meaningful, can you share when it's done?

Re: Tattoos

Posted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:26 am
by Gleena
Sure Venomous Bear, happy to. :)

Re: Tattoos

Posted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:45 am
by Bella
Venomous_Bear wrote:Wait wait wait... FRANK TURNER has a NASCAR tattoo??? And an Earnhardt one at that?? As a white trash Canadian NASCAR freak, this is freaking incredible to me.

Even if that's not the reason, fuck yes.
ahhh you need to see this ...

http://www.virginmedia.com/music/video/ ... 8568255001

for the Dale Earnhardt explanation go to time stamp 02:00

8-D

his drunk leg ... :wink: :D

and Frank - stop worrying about that Texas tattoo - you know it fits where it is, it matches and balances just fine :D

Bella
x

Re: Tattoos

Posted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:46 am
by Bella
Craven wrote:Looks like Bella can add another one to her list!

Will this link work?
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =3&theater

If not, try this one:
https://www.facebook.com/frankturnermusic/photos_stream

when I get a clear pic of the finished thing - yep :-)

we should be getting the video soon I hope.

Bella
x

Re: Tattoos

Posted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:51 am
by Bella
about tattoos in general...

I was at 2000 trees festival last week & saw some amazing ink, a lot of it band related.

Does anyone know the lad with the full (Japanese style) dragon back piece done in gray scale? stunning piece of work, very intricate - I would love to know the artist, exquisite detail!

Thanks

Bella
x

Re: Tattoos

Posted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:58 am
by Venomous_Bear
Bella wrote:
Venomous_Bear wrote:Wait wait wait... FRANK TURNER has a NASCAR tattoo??? And an Earnhardt one at that?? As a white trash Canadian NASCAR freak, this is freaking incredible to me.

Even if that's not the reason, fuck yes.
ahhh you need to see this ...

http://www.virginmedia.com/music/video/ ... 8568255001

for the Dale Earnhardt explanation go to time stamp 02:00

8-D

his drunk leg ... :wink: :D

and Frank - stop worrying about that Texas tattoo - you know it fits where it is, it matches and balances just fine :D

Bella
x
Thanks Bella, that's amazing! Silly Canadian internetz are not liking the Virgin site, but I WILL find a way to watch it.

Thanks so much for your knowledge on such things...haha I'm sure Frank appreciates it too! Love talking about tattoos and their backstories.

Re: Tattoos

Posted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:32 am
by Bella
I just really like living ink :-)

he tells a slightly different story about the Dale3 here

http://new.livestream.com/livestreamses ... s/13131422

should be the live stream part 2 - he mentions his Hermes tattoo at time 01:00 followed by talking about the dale3


In the Virgin interview he says its the picture on his credit card :-) umm I'll see if I can type it....

"its a long story.. I have an American bank account for business and when I got the bank account they gave me a book of credit card designs... I got the Dale Earnhart 3..... its become this thing with my American tour manager... hows dale feeling? Does Dale want to get involved in the party? and you put your credit card down... So that was a joke for ages... So me and him (Cassey Cress) and my American Guitar tech (Grizz Middleton) all got Dale Earnhart 3's done..."

ugh my typing sucks

Bella
x

Re: Tattoos

Posted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:56 am
by Venomous_Bear
Bella wrote:I just really like living ink :-)

he tells a slightly different story about the Dale3 here

http://new.livestream.com/livestreamses ... s/13131422

should be the live stream part 2 - he mentions his Hermes tattoo at time 01:00 followed by talking about the dale3


In the Virgin interview he says its the picture on his credit card :-) umm I'll see if I can type it....

"its a long story.. I have an American bank account for business and when I got the bank account they gave me a book of credit card designs... I got the Dale Earnhart 3..... its become this thing with my American tour manager... hows dale feeling? Does Dale want to get involved in the party? and you put your credit card down... So that was a joke for ages... So me and him (Cassey Cress) and my American Guitar tech (Grizz Middleton) all got Dale Earnhart 3's done..."

ugh my typing sucks

Bella
x
Thank you!! All the other clips work except that one, so thanks for the transcription hahaha! Kickass though. The most badass NASCAR driver, makes sense he would buy the rounds and such on North American gigs posthumously. OR the 3 people thing.

There is a hardcore thunderstorm going on here in Toronto, so everything feels very ominous and spooky. Good evening for some shanty sea tales. Arrr!