Crowd participation

If you have a specific question you want me to get back to, put it here and I'll think about it

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

Stoeszy

Crowd participation

Post by Stoeszy » Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:35 pm

Mr Turner

I am curious as to what your opinion is on the participation of your admiring fans at your concerts . I have attented 2 of your concerts and it seemed quite clear that you fed off the fans belting out your clever lyrics. However during Joel Plaskett who proceded you that evening my friend and I were shushed by the crowd for trying to contribute that same atmosphere. In my opinion this is one of many great aspects of your shows and I would hate to hold back at the Minneapolis show coming up. So what I would like to know from you personally is , am I out of line for joining you in song and do you benifit from this joyous behavior ? I understand sometimes this behavior is unappropiate as I attended a Neil Young concert in a very small intamate venue and fell victim to my neighbours fatal attempt to join Neil in a duet of "Helpless " ( definatly not the right time ) . Anyways please let me know so that on september 16 if there are any shushers in the crowd i can bring this article up and ask them to stand at the back with the more reserved fans .

Blonde

Re: Crowd participation

Post by Blonde » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:25 am

Frank's massive ego means that only he (apart from the occasional backing vocal) is allowed to sing. Anyone else caught singing is immediately ejected from the gig, whipped, then handed a lifetime ban from future Frank gigs.

Pete

Post by Pete » Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:29 pm

This is true. I once saw Frank kick a guy clean in the face for singing the chorus line from Photosynthesis. Messy.
frank wrote:Think of it like weight-lifting. High notes are heavy weights.

newmy

Post by newmy » Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:32 pm

His crowds are quite strong at enforcing this too. I once witnessed an entire crowd taking part in a mass tutting and shushing against someone who tried to sing along to Photosynthesis. In fact, I believe it was the same guy that Frank then proceeded to kick in the face.

scottkeys

Post by scottkeys » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:09 pm

Its pretty funny how the DVD trailer makes it seem like there was singing along at Wembley. I distinctly remember security taking an almost fanatical view towards any sort of noise. I guess they dubbed the crowd in later to make it seem like it was a good time.

darlenet.

Post by darlenet. » Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:36 am

Can't wait til next gig. Gonna be a risk taker myself and at least lip synch to the chorus of Photosynthesis. Pretty sure he won't hit a girl.
shows? 90 so far...

Evan

Post by Evan » Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:26 am

darlenet. wrote:Pretty sure he won't hit a girl.
You obviously don't get the UK news. He's in trouble for slapping a number of girls in nightclubs and quoted as saying it "They all deserved it because they have ovaries!" He's in court next month.
Beverley, Birmingham, Blackheath, Boston, Cheltenham, Dublin, Donington, Guildford, Hatfield, Hoboken, Knebworth, Latitude, Leamington Spa, London, Manchester, New York, Nottingham, Oxford, Reading, Sayreville, Sheffield, Southend, Wembley, Wolverhampton.

Pete

Post by Pete » Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:49 am

Yup, totally gets off on that sort of thing. It's why he used to have long hair when he was younger, meant in dark clubs, etc. when he punched girls that it looked like it was just another girl hitting them. He got away with a lot back then. There's a lot of girls walking around North London who's noses have been bent out of shape by Frank Turner.

darlenet.

Post by darlenet. » Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:58 am

Damn. Frank Turner IS a dick! Why is it always the bad boys....
shows? 90 so far...

Evan

Post by Evan » Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:28 am

Yeah, some of them are just like us and some of them are dicks...
Beverley, Birmingham, Blackheath, Boston, Cheltenham, Dublin, Donington, Guildford, Hatfield, Hoboken, Knebworth, Latitude, Leamington Spa, London, Manchester, New York, Nottingham, Oxford, Reading, Sayreville, Sheffield, Southend, Wembley, Wolverhampton.

Pete

Post by Pete » Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:30 am

And if you won't sit down and you won't shut up, Frank will punch you in the head.

darlenet.

Post by darlenet. » Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:48 pm

Well, it's clear he doesn't give two shits about the way that we feel.
shows? 90 so far...

Evan

Post by Evan » Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:01 pm

He's an utter turd. I once asked him for a photo, and he spat in my face before smashing my camera on the floor and shouting "I hate my fucking fans and I wish you would all die!" I cried for a week.

ravi

Post by ravi » Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:10 pm

Evan never lies. I was there and saw it happpen with my own two eyes
BenMD wrote: and really...who cares about Frank Turner?
Pete wrote:I like your husband.

Evan

Post by Evan » Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:23 pm

ravi wrote:Evan never lies. I was there and saw it happpen with my own two eyes
RAVI!!! How's it going squire? I need to email you re: Lexapalooza. We have set a date. You dont have to work if you don't fancy it, but you should definitely come.