Page 1 of 2

Jake Bugg

Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:50 pm
by mackay93
Are you a fan of Jake Bugg, Frank? He's an 18 year old singer songwriter from Clifton in Nottingham. He says his inspirations are Dylan, BB King etc.

Thought you might like to listen even if you haven't heard of him. He's at various festivals throughout the summer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fY0oPg1h8fQ

Re: Jake Bugg

Posted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:53 am
by Oasisbobo
This guy is quality!

Re: Jake Bugg

Posted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:18 am
by musicinfocus
Oasisbobo wrote:This guy is quality!
y'alright Jake? :wink:

Re: Jake Bugg

Posted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:59 am
by Evan
I absolutely love this.

Re: Jake Bugg

Posted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:47 pm
by DaveHughes
Watching the Gaslight Anthem's new video and see the JakeBuggVEVO channel coming up in the side bar. Hadn't heard of him before last week, then he's playing T-in the park and every forum I'm on has people saying "have you pure checked our Jake Bugg, he's dead good". I smell a Hype Machine.

Edit: song is annoyingly catchy though, in a KT Tunstall type way.

Re: Jake Bugg

Posted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:41 am
by Evan
DaveHughes wrote:Watching the Gaslight Anthem's new video and see the JakeBuggVEVO channel coming up in the side bar. Hadn't heard of him before last week, then he's playing T-in the park and every forum I'm on has people saying "have you pure checked our Jake Bugg, he's dead good". I smell a Hype Machine.

Edit: song is annoyingly catchy though, in a KT Tunstall type way.
I feel quite annoyed that he can sell out KOKO before I have even heard of him. Been checking stuff out since yesterday though, and I am definitely taken with his work. And probably a good thing I heard him before I found out about the Noel Gallagher/Snow Patrol support as that would have put me right off.

Re: Jake Bugg

Posted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:07 pm
by h26
Evan wrote: I feel quite annoyed that he can sell out KOKO before I have even heard of him.
i feel quite smug about the fact that i've actually heard of someone before evan! 8) saw him twice around this time last year; the first time a solo acoustic set supporting evan dando, then with band at y-not festival. looked like he had a lot of potential, but still amazing the way he's taken off

Re: Jake Bugg

Posted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:19 pm
by Evan
h26 wrote:
Evan wrote: I feel quite annoyed that he can sell out KOKO before I have even heard of him.
i feel quite smug about the fact that i've actually heard of someone before evan!
I wouldn't. I am so out of touch with what you kids are into these days, that I am still not even sure what Dubstep is.

Re: Jake Bugg

Posted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:56 pm
by marowak
I caught some of his Blissfields set which was jolly good

Re: Jake Bugg

Posted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:55 pm
by Rubber_Soul
Saw him in Birmingham at the start of the year as a friend was supporting. I left before he finished as I got a little bored

Re: Jake Bugg

Posted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:07 pm
by Evan
Just to reiterate...I fucking love this guy. Where the hell have I been?

Re: Jake Bugg

Posted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:06 pm
by Blonde
Evan wrote:Just to reiterate...I fucking love this guy. Where the hell have I been?
Not in Nottingham thats for sure!

I'll probably be seeing him again at Y Not next weekend.

Re: Jake Bugg

Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:57 am
by Evan
Blonde wrote:
Evan wrote:Just to reiterate...I fucking love this guy. Where the hell have I been?
Not in Nottingham thats for sure!

I'll probably be seeing him again at Y Not next weekend.
I have to see him. I need to find a way to get into that KOKO show. No idea how, but I am on it

Re: Jake Bugg

Posted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:10 pm
by ManicRover
he's opening for Noel Gallagher in Calgary later this year...looking forward to it

Re: Jake Bugg

Posted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:37 pm
by stothy862
Wow he's good, where can I hear more? :O